Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Been using my evo for the past few months and I'm just curious about a couple of things..

The first being why is it recommended to turn the evo on and wait for like 10+ minutes before hitting it? Like shouldnt I hit it as soon as the light turn from red to green? I just don't see the point in waiting that long.

Secondly why do people hit the evo at 9 - 12 o'clock? Like whenever I do, the vapor is so minimal. I generally just start the evo at 1 and then take my second hit at 3, third hit at 4, and the last few hits on 5. Anyone else do the same?

It sounds like your unit may run somewhat cooler than some others, requiring a higher setting on the dial. But that's not unusual. Many report that they hit at 11 or 12, and even Seibo in one of his vid's uses the 12 setting. But others prefer it higher. You may be able to hit it faster because you're starting it up at a higher setting. Personally, while my unit's sweetspot is 1-1:30, I turn the unit on set to 3 and when it goes green I drop it back to ~1:15. Your material and/or personal preference or load may be a factor too, some folks like to hit it hard to get as much as possible as fast as possible.

:myday::science:

EDIT: Corrected first, stupid post.

Last edited:

Baron23

@Parentalcontrol2 - I also run my EVO at about 1:15 on the dial and generally leave it there. For me, and I like hard hitting vapor, 3 - 5 on the the dial is just too much. At 1:15, I get nice dark brown and completely extracted AVB so I shy away from breathing in even hotter air.

On the other hand, as pointed out these are analog devices and may vary a bit in temperature regulation.

Also, we are indeed many and varied and some like it cooler and some like it hotter. All personal preference.

I do agree with Stu....heat soaking for 10 minutes does result in better initial performance, IMO.

Best of luck

Parentalcontrol2

@Parentalcontrol2 - I also run my EVO at about 1:15 on the dial and generally leave it there. For me, and I like hard hitting vapor, 3 - 5 on the the dial is just too much. At 1:15, I get nice dark brown and completely extracted AVB so I shy away from breathing in even hotter air.

On the other hand, as pointed out these are analog devices and may vary a bit in temperature regulation.

Also, we are indeed many and varied and some like it cooler and some like it hotter. All personal preference.

I do agree with Stu....heat soaking for 10 minutes does result in better initial performance, IMO.

Best of luck
I guess for me is that i just try to get high asap and I feel like having to hit like 8-10 hits on 1 feels like it takes forever. So I increase the temp each time to assure that I don't waste any bud and at the same time get high asap. Would that make sense to use the 5 temp or would hitting at 1 a couple of more time be most justifiable. I know it' aa personal preference but just wanted to know the general consensus.

Parentalcontrol2,
Reactions: ataxian

Baron23

I guess for me is that i just try to get high asap and I feel like having to hit like 8-10 hits on 1 feels like it takes forever. So I increase the temp each time to assure that I don't waste any bud and at the same time get high asap. Would that make sense to use the 5 temp or would hitting at 1 a couple of more time be most justifiable. I know it' aa personal preference but just wanted to know the general consensus.
Wow, if I put in about .2 g in an ELB, at 1:15 I definitely do NOT get 8-10 hits...more like 4 with a clean up.

Perhaps your unit runs very cool???

Do you dry your herb a bit before vaping....?

Parentalcontrol2

Wow, if I put in about .2 g in an ELB, at 1:15 I definitely do NOT get 8-10 hits...more like 4 with a clean up.

Perhaps your unit runs very cool???

Do you dry your herb a bit before vaping....?

My buds tend to be pretty dry because I buy in bulk and I take quite a bit of time to finish them.

I think my unit runs normally because I got. It. Like 5 months ago.

I usually fill the elb like 50% - 70% full so maybe that's why I get more hits?

oldiebutgoodie

@Baron23 is right. In my post suggesting your unit may run hotter, I got that backwards (duh!). If you need to turn the dial way up, that indicates the unit running cooler (duh again).

As well as using the same setting as @Baron23, I also get about the same number of hits. Definitely not close to 8-10. The only exception is when I mix up an herb/kief blend; the kief is not spent as quickly as the flowers and so I get/need 2-3 extra hits that way.

I also don't load beyond 50%. You shouldn't necessarily get weaker hits by doing so, but 70% invites uneven vaporization which can translate into more hits and/or a higher temp being needed.

Last edited:

Ricchini

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's talk cleaning shall we?

Like many of you, I noticed my nails were getting really dirty. Part of keeping the nails clean is obviously burning them out, but I have been doing more routine maintenance and they always look brand new now.

Obviously if you have an ultrasonic cleaner, congratulations there will be no heavy lifting from you.

For the rest of us, we need to make good with what we have. The key is breaking through the resin chemically and mechanically. We actually have to physically help bust that junk free.

https://imgur.com/a/Uo9qQ

Get yourself a bamboo shish-kabob skewer, a freshly charged power drill, some of those real bristly pipe cleaners and some Orange Zep degreaser. Soak the nails overnight in full-strength Zep. That will loosen up the resins.

Then take your bamboo skewer, trim it to manageable length and chuck it up in your drill. Now, carefully and tightly coil wrap one bristly pipe cleaner over the bamboo skewer.

Take the nails out of the zep, and place them on the end of your new powered bristle cleaner. Make sure your drill is on high, and work that resin out, up down, twist the nail a bit as the drill spins trying to counter the spin. You might even have to push down on the nail up against the dirty spots on the inner walls, as the drill is spinning.

THE DRILL IS SPINNING, YOU ARE HOLDING THE NAIL STILL COUNTERING THE DRILLS ROTATION! If your nail is spinning around and goes flying into the sink and breaks, well maybe you weren't equipped for this tutorial to begin with.

My new routine is I have a pyrex beaker filled with Zep. Once I do a dab, I burn out the nails and it goes right into the Zep.

If you have multiple layers of resin caked up in a nail, it's going to take patience and persistence to get it clean. You might have to soak it, drill it, soak it overnight again, drill it tomorrow, soak it again but that shit will eventually come free and you will have brand new nails.

It's better to just always keep them clean, rather than letting multiple layers of crud accumulate. Believe me, a crystal clean nail delivers wayyy tastier dabs than a fouled up caked up crud-bucket.

https://imgur.com/a/GUDsP

MGG

Is this a golden Vapexhale and hydratube?

source:
https://www.evolvethegreen.com/blog/24000-treasure-chest-full-of-cannabis-products

waxdab23

Hey guys, are there any U.S. sellers of Hydratubes that have fast shipping? Trying to get one delivered before Christmas and I'm not sure that vxl can pull it off.

waxdab23,

2 Cycle

Ricchini is right on many points! Guys, Zep citrus cleaner gets tubes so clean it is almost like magic. And yes, the ultrasonic from harbor freight is the way to go with both elbs and nails. Clean as a whistle

Diddy

I think I know the answer to this question already but I'm going to ask anyway hopefully nobody thinks I'm stupid for asking ... so I got some herb that I really love The bottom of the glass jar broke so I tried to save all the herb it was just the corner of a bottle that broke not much .. anyways I gathered the herb on a plate as I was carefully going through that herb to put it in a new jar I seen three very tiny shavings of some glass . My question is if there are some tiny shavings in my herb still of glass is that too dangerous to still try and use with the EVO through a honeycomb hydratube

Diddy,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I think I know the answer to this question already but I'm going to ask anyway hopefully nobody thinks I'm stupid for asking ... so I got some herb that I really love The bottom of the glass jar broke so I tried to save all the herb it was just the corner of a bottle that broke not much .. anyways I gathered the herb on a plate as I was carefully going through that herb to put it in a new jar I seen three very tiny shavings of some glass . My question is if there are some tiny shavings in my herb still of glass is that too dangerous to still try and use with the EVO through a honeycomb hydratube
Depends on the value you place on your lungs. Why not just press some rosin with it instead and then no worries. Hair straightener is prettt cheap

Likes2vape

I wouldn’t worry about it. The ELB screen is pretty fine but if you’re worried toss the herb and get some more.

Diddy

Depends on the value you place on your lungs. Why not just press some rosin with it instead and then no worries. Hair straightener is prettt cheap
I've never done Rosin only dry herb don't even know much about that actually how would that make any difference sorry if that sounds like a retarded question

Diddy,

oldiebutgoodie

Not a stupid question, not at all.

Intuitively it would seem safe. After all, the fragments would have to migrate out of the ELB and through the HT. That said, I've seen shattered glass with shards so fine they can be difficult to even see. For myself, I would not take the chance.

:myday::2c:

modfather

hi all I'm a uk vaper I grabbed a evo for my xmas present I'm so happy I did I have only tried it with the dry mouthpiece as I'm a bit clumsy around glass so was thinking of grabbing a dhgate one then I not cry as much when I break it ! the taste on the evo is spot on having owned some other vapes this one really is in a different league all together !
modfather + evo + GSC = one happy modfather !

what piece should I be looking from dhgate thanks for the tips !

Diddy

My son said he read somewhere that That there steel baskets are soldered in lead ???? I hope this is not true

Diddy,

Diddy

I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell that this company, or their clients, would accept any sort of lead in the air path. The baskets I have look welded, not soldered, and the rims are crimped.
OK thanks ... after I ask question on here I forgot to come back on here and say something but I went ahead n message them just ask them directly. They haven't gotten back yet

almost legal

Hi folks, just got my christmas pressie, an evo and honey comb ht. Shipped out to me in the EU by vapefiend very quickly, however they sent me the wrong ht (i got the hydrabomb). Not the end of the world but I´ve let them know and maybe I´ll get some freebies / money off voucher. I´m sure as hell not gonna send it back and be without the evo for christmas.
One thing I haven´t seen/noticed (on the box or in this thread) is the power consumption of the evo, because I will be using it with a PURE sine wave inverter a lot of the time and wondered if anyone´s measured power consumption "at the socket".

Btw almost all solder is lead free now, afaik

oldiebutgoodie

My son said he read somewhere that That there steel baskets are soldered in lead ???? I hope this is not true

I really don't know, but I doubt it. In the first place, AFAIK the ELB joint has always been referred to as having a spot weld. I can't remember a question about using solder having ever come up before. I'm still using ELB's that I got with the original Cloud and I've only had one come apart. If the ELB bonds were made with just a traditional soft lead solder, they would have certainly broken down by now.

Secondly and more definitively, given current prohibitive regulations in the U.S. and EU, consumer electronics manufacturers having moved to lead-free solder decades ago, and even high-heat soft solders (~600-800F melting point) only being used in specialized applications, it seems extremely unlikely (if not illegal) that an inappropriate solder would be used in the ELB's.

That's just my :2c: . If you are seriously concerned, you can contact VXL Support (although this question may need to be fielded by Seibo himself).

:myday::sherlock:

Top Bottom