• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I just unboxed my EVO and it is beautiful! I haven't used it yet because I have some errands to run, but I will give it extensive testing and post my results. I haven't been reading this thread a lot in an attempt to be more patient, so sorry if this has already come up, but my Swagger Logo sticker is just rubbing right off. I'm not a huge logo person so I don't especially mind, but I thought I'd share. This is the bottom, circle sticker. I had noticed a black mark on the paper that it was wrapped in, then I touched the logo myself and without applying much force at all it started to come off completely by just sliding my thumb over it. Since about 1/3 of the sticker was already gone I decided to wipe off the rest myself. Anyways, off to run errands then do extensive testing! I have a non-ticker, non-plus cloud that I can compare it to.

arf777

No longer dogless
I agree with all of the above- the fluid dynamics are every bit s important as the heating. IMHO, that's why the taste and ABV from the EVO are much closer to those from the VHW, which has always used multiple Venturi tube structures, creating Bernoulli choke-points. The EVO has that MUCH more than the OG Cloud, though that has it a little as well.

In my case, I was asked by Vapexhale to make sure my EVO isn't running under-temp. And I like IR thermometers anyway. Lets me check my cooking without getting out of my chair.
Well, I got my IR thermometer and here are my results. I think my ticker runs hot.

With both the EVO and the ticker at 5, I get an average reading of 550 F down the bamboo in the EVO. In the ticker, I get an average read of 580 F down the bamboo. EDIT: After more heat up time, my ticker is now reading an average of 600F. That MUST be hotter than it should be.

With more days of testing, I definitely prefer the flavor I get from the EVO. It is pretty much identical to the flavor I get with the VHW 3. I also like how the ABV is much more even than from the ticker, and no scorching occurs at all. Not even much popcorn flavor when an ELB is done. And it is definitely getting everything out of the herb - if I pull a beat ELB out of the EVO and put it in the ticker, though it runs a bit hotter, I get no additional vapor. The more I use the EVO, the more I see it as a real improvement on the original Cloud.

Last edited:

Lostclusters

I have received my second EVO (trade in) and it functions better then the first EVO I received. It seems like all the discussion about how the unit should heat helped. I currently turn on at the 3:00 postion, when it goes green I turn it down to 1:00 and wait for the green again before using. Less than 1:00 and the vapor seems too wispy. This was from one session. It may change. My first EVO went from using at 1:00 to using at 9-10:00, reported by whom I have borrowed it to.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Sounds like it was worth the wait after all with everyone liking their updated version more.

I'll know tomorrow, but of course I have commitments tomorrow night :( Saturday and sunday however I'll be putting the evo to a great test. I've been in severely debilitating pain lately, hopefully it works as good as I remember the OG ticker working.

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I have a friend over so I'll be brief. It seems to be acting as people have stated. I was surprised by the red/green combo that makes an orange/yellow light when it's about to get up to temp. I hadn't read about this, but like I said I haven't read too much. I worked my way from 11:00 to 2:00 before resting at 2:00 as my optimal temp for the time being. This is comparable to noon with the model of the Cloud that I have. So far so good.

Lostclusters

I have a friend over so I'll be brief. It seems to be acting as people have stated. I was surprised by the red/green combo that makes an orange/yellow light when it's about to get up to temp. I hadn't read about this, but like I said I haven't read too much. I worked my way from 11:00 to 2:00 before resting at 2:00 as my optimal temp for the time being. This is comparable to noon with the model of the Cloud that I have. So far so good.

My first EVO was like this. After a couple weeks it started to combust. I have this one borrowed out. But I was present when it combusted. I am the one that noticed. For me it was as though someone lit one up in the room I was in. Well, maybe not quite that strong but you get the idea. We toned it down to 9-10:00 on the dial.

I would like to thank Pappy for his almost spiritual reviews (insightful just did not seem to cover it). Best written review of anything I have read. And spot on. Props Dude!

Their are others too like t-dub and a few others I can not think of at the moment. Always happy to lend a helpful opinion.

bassplayer

ISince you guys have been waiting for so long, I've instructed the team to include some extras in your package (it'll be a surprise and no it won't be an extra HydraTube).
Happy to see more EVOs getting into the hands of customers and eagerly await the reviews!
Got one of my IGG EVOs in but no 'extras' unless the two black wristbands are the extras? Certainly no worries either way, the EVO looks great, I love how light it is.

bassplayer,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For our international customers, we know you guys have been patiently waiting and we can now spend more cycles on getting your units prepped and ready to ship. As we mentioned in our last update, we had to swap out some components (that were end of life, meaning that beyond this batch, there are no more being created) and test new ones. Since you guys have been waiting for so long, I've instructed the team to include some extras in your package (it'll be a surprise and no it won't be an extra HydraTube).
I think he was speaking to the international audience . . .

paracaps

Vape Enthusiast
For our international customers, we know you guys have been patiently waiting and we can now spend more cycles on getting your units prepped and ready to ship. As we mentioned in our last update, we had to swap out some components (that were end of life, meaning that beyond this batch, there are no more being created) and test new ones. Since you guys have been waiting for so long, I've instructed the team to include some extras in your package (it'll be a surprise and no it won't be an extra HydraTube).

I like surprises ;)
Is there an approximate ETA for the international units?

paracaps,
Reactions: Silent

Silent

HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY
I like surprises ;)
Is there an approximate ETA for the international units?

According to the anticipation thread, another week and a half. He said it'd be about 3ish weeks on the 8th Jan. I can't wait, i've been waiting since September for this thing!

Silent,
Reactions: paracaps

Lawnboy

Finally got my Evo yesterday, Hoooray!!!:rofl: I was an IGG contributor and have been looking forward to this for along time now. I am going to give my initial thoughts and review. I would first like to give my background on vaping. I probably hit my first vape about two years ago and I have only used a few units. I own the Vapir N02 which is a cheap, semi-portable vape that simply gets the job done. Other than the fact that it doesn't charge its batteries anymore, I do like it. I have also hit and handful of vape pens/ pax type vapes, which are pretty good for something so small. A good friend of mine has the Aromed. I LOVE the Aromed! As far as I know it is the only other vape to offer water filtration. I was actually on the verge of purchasing one when I stumbled across the cloud and decided to go for it. I was sure that the cloud would be as good as or better than the aromed, it definitely LOOKS a lot cooler.

Unpacking and initial thoughts...

I was beside myself with excitement. Opening the box and laying eyes on this unit was really cool. The bent neck HT is beautiful! I have never owned a high end piece of glass before, Ive broken too many cheap pieces, So I am a bit nervous about having this...

So I immediately plugged in the Evo and set it at 3. I then set about filling the HT. I'm assuming the bottom chamber is supposed to be dry? It seems to have 3 chambers and the top two hold water, unless I'm doing it wrong. Please advise..

Evo had turned green by this point so, I dialed it back to 12. It took several minutes for it to go green again. I then turned to the ELB. I have read here that people pack these things at a third to a half full. Well, it holds such a small amount, that I just went ahead and filled it.

Moment of truth..... I put it all together, and proceeded to take my first pull.... Disappointed.:huh: I only got a very thin, wispy, almost clear pull. Not like the big clouds puffs I had seen on videos. I tried again at the same setting, same result.. I then moved it up to about 2 and tried again for hits 3 and 4. I did get some visible vapor and a wonderful taste. Just not the big cloud that I was hoping for. I got about 5 or 6 pulls total from it before it started tasting off. I pulled out the ELB and the material was lightly browned. Darker than Im used to seeing from my N02.

I was definitely feeling good after my first session, it just wasn't what I had expected. I feel I may be doing it wrong or I have a faulty unit. All the videos I have watched of people using the cloud and evo show very thick, visible clouds. I blew mine at a lamp and it was barely visible.

Sorry for the long post. Could someone please advise if I'm even doing it right or how to trouble shoot to see if I somehow got a unit without the firmware upgrade.

Thanks and happy vaping!

Lawnboy,
Reactions: M00NEY

Silent

HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY
Finally got my Evo yesterday, Hoooray!!!:rofl: I was an IGG contributor and have been looking forward to this for along time now. I am going to give my initial thoughts and review. I would first like to give my background on vaping. I probably hit my first vape about two years ago and I have only used a few units. I own the Vapir N02 which is a cheap, semi-portable vape that simply gets the job done. Other than the fact that it doesn't charge its batteries anymore, I do like it. I have also hit and handful of vape pens/ pax type vapes, which are pretty good for something so small. A good friend of mine has the Aromed. I LOVE the Aromed! As far as I know it is the only other vape to offer water filtration. I was actually on the verge of purchasing one when I stumbled across the cloud and decided to go for it. I was sure that the cloud would be as good as or better than the aromed, it definitely LOOKS a lot cooler.

I was beside myself with excitement. Opening the box and laying eyes on this unit was really cool. The bent neck HT is beautiful! I have never owned a high end piece of glass before, Ive broken too many cheap pieces, So I am a bit nervous about having this...

So I immediately plugged in the Evo and set it at 3. I then set about filling the HT. I'm assuming the bottom chamber is supposed to be dry? It seems to have 3 chambers and the top two hold water, unless I'm doing it wrong. Please advise..

Evo had turned green by this point so, I dialed it back to 12. It took several minutes for it to go green again. I then turned to the ELB. I have read here that people pack these things at a third to a half full. Well, it holds such a small amount, that I just went ahead and filled it.

Moment of truth..... I put it all together, and proceeded to take my first pull.... Disappointed.:huh: I only got a very thin, wispy, almost clear pull. Not like the big clouds puffs I had seen on videos. I tried again at the same setting, same result.. I then moved it up to about 2 and tried again for hits 3 and 4. I did get some visible vapor and a wonderful taste. Just not the big cloud that I was hoping for. I got about 5 or 6 pulls total from it before it started tasting off. I pulled out the ELB and the material was lightly browned. Darker than Im used to seeing from my N02.

I was definitely feeling good after my first session, it just wasn't what I had expected. I feel I may be doing it wrong or I have a faulty unit. All the videos I have watched of people using the cloud and evo show very thick, visible clouds. I blew mine at a lamp and it was barely visible.

Sorry for the long post. Could someone please advise if I'm even doing it right or how to trouble shoot to see if I somehow got a unit without the firmware upgrade.

Thanks and happy vaping!

Did you pre-heat at 3 until the light went green and then dial it back down to 12ish for the first hit? This is apparently the best way to use the unit for the first hit/warmup.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

Thanks and happy vaping!
OK, leave it on. Let it warm up all over. Next do not fill the ELB too much. I use a heaping 1/8th teaspoon and load using a tube and a 18/18mm male adapter to hold the elb. Having a light load allows to heat quickly and give that milk. Also you get one maybe two big hits... Then reload. Heck, the cloud+ does nice hits on herb this way.

Lawnboy

Did you pre-heat at 3 until the light went green and then dial it back down to 12ish for the first hit? This is apparently the best way to use the unit for the first hit/warmup.

Yes, I did that. I have been following this forum for the past couple of weeks.

Lawnboy,

arf777

No longer dogless

Thanks and happy vaping!
You are over-filling your ELB. Filling it past half you are restricting the airflow and PREVENTING vaporization. You will be shocked by the vapor even just a pinch of good herb produces. I never fill an ELB more than half way, usually 1/4 or less. A pinch with the dial set at 2 o'clock should blow your head off.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor

Try filling the ELB half way. If you are still not getting thick hits then your unit many be running cold. I had a similar experience and even on max temp I just was not getting the thick vapor I saw in videos.

tranceporter,

Lawnboy

Try filling the ELB half way. If you are still not getting thick hits then your unit many be running cold. I had a similar experience and even on max temp I just was not getting the thick vapor I saw in videos.

Ok, if ts running cold do I need to send it back? I cant try the half pack until later today.

Lawnboy,

darkrom

Great Scott!

Thanks and happy vaping!

If I get the same results you do with a whispy hitting cloud on 12-3:00 on the dial, I'll consider it broken. I usually only load half a bowl myself, most of the time a third, but if it is not functioning at least as good as my ticker, I'd send it back. Lot of time and money and waiting to get this product, I simply expect it to be at least as good as the ticker. I think that is pretty reasonable. If it was exactly the same performance, no better or worse than my ticker, I'd be happy.

If I get whispy clouds from it I'll send it back. If thats just "how it is now" then I'm going to sell it.

I should get mine today. I'm trying to be positive and hope that it'll bring back memories of the old ticker, and completely erase my memories of the MASSIVE disappointment that was the cloud+.

darkrom,

tuttle

In my opinion, based on my experiences with the EVO, the turbo preheat doesn't work nearly as well as giving it time. Turn it to where you want it and let it sit for 10 minutes or so.

arf777

No longer dogless
Ok, if ts running cold do I need to send it back? I cant try the half pack until later today.
If you have an IR thermometer, you can always PM stonemonkey and give him the temps your EVO has at different settings. That way you can determine if that's the issue without sending it in. I did that the other day, though for a different reason. My OG ticker seemed odd in comparison to the EVO, turns out my ticker has been running hot (600F at 5 on the dial). My EVO has exactly the right temps.

You can get a good IR cheap - amazon has a bunch of them on sale. I got this one, only $18.95 - http://www.amazon.com/Accuracy-Non-Contact-Infared-Temperature-Range/dp/B009RUPQGW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389974396&sr=8-2&keywords=ir thermometer

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

Thanks and happy vaping!
If I get the same results you do with a whispy hitting cloud on 12-3:00 on the dial, I'll consider it broken. I usually only load half a bowl myself, most of the time a third, but if it is not functioning at least as good as my ticker, I'd send it back. Lot of time and money and waiting to get this product, I simply expect it to be at least as good as the ticker. I think that is pretty reasonable. If it was exactly the same performance, no better or worse than my ticker, I'd be happy.

If I get whispy clouds from it I'll send it back. If thats just "how it is now" then I'm going to sell it.

I should get mine today. I'm trying to be positive and hope that it'll bring back memories of the old ticker, and completely erase my memories of the MASSIVE disappointment that was the cloud+.

Sorry about your difficulties with your EVO. A few things to try:

1. Try letting it warm up for a few extra minutes before your first pull.

2. If it is looking whispy at (fill in the blank) spot on the dial, just turn it up.

3. Most of the videos are shot with some sort of lighting so you may need to go to a different area to see the same effect.

4. Comparing vapor to the old OG at the same position on the dial doesn't accurately sum up whether an EVO is outperforming an OG or not. I think the consensus on this board is that the EVO is noticeably better than the previous model so pretty sure you don't have to worry. We think you will be happy @darkrom TGIF!

Top Bottom