Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

grokit

well-worn member
I would have preferred more transparent artwork/decals or even laser etching, but at least they're not front-center. That would have been more annoying for me. They do seem to be tastefully located but less is more, meaning I would have preferred just one decal instead of two and maybe smaller.

I wish I knew more about concentrates... hopefully someday. I am limited to ssv wand hash, sublimation, and keif at this point in time. And the wand hash is a non-renewal commodity now, as the ssv has become an oil rig/aromatherapy device since the introduction of the evo to my arsenal.

gigaurora

Evo arrived! The unit looks great, will update with performance review...

Also the draw is pretty restrictive, and the turbine doesn't spin that much... seriously it takes more lung power to hit this than my Colie recycler! :lol:

Let's just say for $250, I'd rather have 2 of my Colie Recyclers, or my $200 used worked EFS doughnut... this wasn't exactly my smartest glass purchase.
:(

How much water are you loading it with ? I agree it is a tad more restrictive then I expected, but if you overload the bottom perc to full, when you drag it it pulls half the water up to the turbine and I get quite a sexy spin, to the point i'm not complaining. I find the glass well-worked, thick enough (wish for an inside marble on the turbine though, but i'm just being greedy.)

i've actually grown to like the label since the lower one is below perc action and the one on the top of the chamber is relatively non-intrusive, actually gives me a contrast point to watch it milk thicker. maybe i'm just a fan of the phi double spiral they use as a background aha.

JoeKickass

Ok that does it, I put a little bit of wax smeared right in the middle of this cap, I hit it on max, wait and hit it some more, until I'm hitting air. So I take it out:
380FCgz.jpg

A lot of the wax slid off to the side!

I hope my evo runs cold and I can do flower + wax on max temp... otherwise wax is simply too messy for my evo to handle...

gigaurora

exact same experience with my home made concentrates; running out the side of the cap, messy, no thick milk. But i've had such success with flowers/kief (and i'll be honest here, biased as fuck because i'm all about the flower power) i'm not unreal concerned

it has the power and i haven't properly maxed it and fooled around enough with concentrates to say anything conclusive. I need to run more vigorous creative testing when i'm back from England.

SD_haze

Ok that does it, I put a little bit of wax smeared right in the middle of this cap, I hit it on max, wait and hit it some more, until I'm hitting air. So I take it out:
380FCgz.jpg

I hope my evo runs cold and I can do flower + wax on max temp... otherwise wax is simply too messy for my evo to handle...
That's definitely no good!
If you:
-load a pea-size (or maybe 150% of a pea) amount, spread out FLAT, evenly on the cap
-preheat the VXC until it's fully saturated with heat, and then some
-leave the ELB in the heater for a few moments before hitting it (lets the metal get hotter)
-give a hefty pull

You should flash vaporize the concentrate.
If you do all of the above and it's leaving partially-melted residue...seems like a lack-of-heat issue?

///
Notice in this video, which is just a piece of shatter no cotton or anything, that the vapor explodes out instantly. Like a dab. This produced no residue on the ELB.
Whenever I did have melted residue in an ELB, it was either due to not enough heat or too much loaded unevenly.

edit: I'd be surprised if this was only doable in the OG Cloud and not the EVO, with the stock ELBs. My OG gets hot but still has never combusted herbs at the 3pm+ range.

TheSkipper

Smooth sailing while I'm inhaling... VAPOR
Joe: Concentrates have been working amazing for me with the EVO. The way I do it is:
1: I use a mini ELB
2: I have a piece of screen small enough that ,when folded in half, it just fits in the mini elb.
SO
I take my concentrate and squeeze it between my small screen, by folding the screen in half, then I place that screen in the mini ELB and close it.
Next I invert my cloud holding it over my cloudbuddy, insert my mini ELB, insert EVO into cloudbuddy, then I pull slow. I follow this process because I am using a mobius matrix clear bubbler with a cloud buddy and I think that this reduces the amount of time my ELB is sitting in my EVO, thus reducing the risk of it leaking into the joint.

On a side note I think that I see less residue on my joint because it is inverted most of the time.
In my experience I see more residue when using the EVO right side up with a HT, but I think the amount of time the ELB is in there is crucial, the shorter time after its been spent the less chance of residue. Also using enough material for just one hit and making sure that you inhale everything or else anything else in the ELB will stick to the inside of the joint.

EDIT: ALSO you should have the EVO running at max for atleast ten minutes before attempting concentrates. The only conentrate I do at a lower temp is when I do sublimate mixed with ganja in an ELB and that I hit around 2.

Last edited:

Czechyourhead

Well, I'm absolutely devastated. I turned on my evo. The light seemed really dim. I loaded a elb, and it seemed to bee running really hot. Almost combusting. I placed the evo on my desk, and heard a glass cracking sound. Theres a crack in in the bamboo. i actually found a small piece of glass on my desk. Needless to say there is no way I'll have a working unit for News years. I opened a ticket.

Was great while it lasted. Bad timing for sure. News years, then my B-day shortly there after.

Damnit

Czechyourhead

@Czechyourhead

Same thing happened to me man. Sending mine in tomorrow, got back into town to late today to do so. The way Vapexhale replied to me is that they have a separate area for fixing units. It sounds similar to my problem. All they need to do is fix the glass. Shouldn't be to hard of a repair.

Hopefully I can get the ball rolling soon. Already missing it. Luckily I've got a few spares. But it's just not the same..

As far as I can tell, I was handling this carefully. Didn't suffer a drop or any rough stuff. I baby my tools.

Dr. Plutonious

Hopefully I can get the ball rolling soon. Already missing it. Luckily I've got a few spares. But it's just not the same..

As far as I can tell, I was handling this carefully. Didn't suffer a drop or any rough stuff. I baby my tools.

Same boat. I was using it the night before without problem. The next day I plugged it in and got WAY thicker vape than usual on my first hit at 9 o clock. Next hit combusted. Was confused beyond belief and kept looking down inside the unit, then I saw what to appear to be cracked class with a couple shards sticking out. To test my theory I put a piece of cloth in the unit and dragged it up the glass carefully, only to find it caught right on the cracked glass.

I just picked up my Lotus and I have a HI (thank GOD for the HI, you can peg that thing against a wall and it will work) so I'm not suffering too badly yet. But I agree, nothing I've used really compares to the EVO. There are vapes and then there is the EVO.

I don't blame Vapexhale at all though. Glass is finicky and only they can really figure out what happened when they observe my unit. Shit happens sometimes. I'll trust their judgement on what happened and if necessary pay for any repair. The unit has re-defined vapour-bongin' for me so I need it back ASAP. I know ALL of my cousins in Vancouver are missing it right now too...they fucking love the thing.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Hey you folks that are encountering problems, when did you get your units? Have you had them a while or a recent arrival?

way2

FWIW I got my EVO last Sat. and it's in perfect condition. Auto shutoff is around 58 minutes, I can effectively vape herb anywhere from 10-3 on the dial without combustion with a couple of hours left on the dial to go, and the bamboo is perfect as far as I can tell. I also love the HT! The Hydrafoot is smaller around than an older one I have but it also sits a lot lower which I like. The case is great too though it doesn't have a VXL logo.

I'd also like to thank @JCat for suggesting these brushes! They make ELB maintenance a breeze!

My only complaint so far is that 1 ELB gets me where I wanna be but I find packing more really hard to resist!! :p

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

Hey you folks that are encountering problems, when did you get your units? Have you had them a while or a recent arrival?

I got mine towards the mid-end of November. Initially encountered no problems, it ran like a champ.

I'd have a hard time giving any reason to why the glass broke. I washed it with Iso and a que-tip but that was lightly done and it worked absolutely fine afterwords. I'll let Vapexhale tell me what happened, they'd know better than anyone.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
So, I tried a bit of wax at max temp. The EVO was on for awhile so it was already hot. I turned it all the way up, waited for green, let it sit 7 minutes, smeared some wax on the bottom of a cap, went two cap method, inverted and placed in my bubbler, let it sit for about 15 seconds and pulled. I didn't get a thick rush of vapor. I got about 3 pulls of not at all wispy, not really thick, but super flavorful vapor that made me feel very nice. All the wax was vaped away with only the tiniest bit of residue left in a few holes of the screen cap. It was pleasurable, but I was hoping it would bring the thunder in one shot.

mephisto

Sorry to hear all of the issues with fragile bamboo and combustion. I had to send my EVO back for tuning due to combustion at any point on the dial. Does everyone's bamboo have a tiny inlet hole at the bottom, or is it open like the +, and the original? Thankfully I have my Cloud+ to drive. Got the storage case a while ago, its quality. Once my unit comes back, its going into the nice case, with the bent neck swagger and then its off to greener pastures with a new owner. No bad love here, but Herbie is gonna make everything alright.

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I think we may be seeing the first weak link in these new EVO's. I too had a cracked bamboo on day one and had to get a replacement. Same symptoms as others....running hot....combusting...saw some glass on my desk. I think IMO, VXL needs to look into this before pushing out massive amounts of units to avoid a similar situation as the original Cloud.

Top Bottom