Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Just some guy13

Abosolutely loving my EVO so far. Just a couple questions: how long do you preheat the EVO/where do you set your dial? How many hits do you take per EZ load bow/how much do you fill them? Does the heating tube on the inside of the unit require any cleaning?

I know a lot of what I asked depends on individual preference but I was just loking for some general answers. Thanks guys!

Just some guy13,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I set mine all the way up and once it gets to temp I dial it down to between 1 and 2 and wait for it to stabilize. The entire process takes less than five minutes and gets nice clouds from the get go. It gives me enough time to prep the elb.

Try to keep the elb fill between 1/3 and 1/2 full. Number of hits depends on a lot of variables.

The heating tube is called the bamboo and might need occasional cleaning. Mine finally needs it after a couple of years of use. You can tell when it needs it by looking down into it. I see little specs of abv in mine so I know it is time.

61reissue

Abosolutely loving my EVO so far. Just a couple questions: how long do you preheat the EVO/where do you set your dial? How many hits do you take per EZ load bow/how much do you fill them? Does the heating tube on the inside of the unit require any cleaning?

I know a lot of what I asked depends on individual preference but I was just loking for some general answers. Thanks guys!

I set mine around 6-6.5 and when it turns green I am good to go. I have noticed if you wait 5 minutes or so after it turns green and then hit it I get thicker vapor. I fill my Elb's to about 60% or so and that get me 5-6 hits. Again different strokes for different folks and I do not pack the ELB at all. I have never done anything with the internal glass in the 2 months I have owned this wonderful product. I clean my hydrabomb pretty often..basically when I start seeing any resin buildup with in the tube

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I set mine around 6-6.5 and when it turns green I am good to go. I have noticed if you wait 5 minutes or so after it turns green and then hit it I get thicker vapor. I fill my Elb's to about 60% or so and that get me 5-6 hits. Again different strokes for different folks and I do not pack the ELB at all. I have never done anything with the internal glass in the 2 months I have owned this wonderful product. I clean my hydrabomb pretty often..basically when I start seeing any resin buildup with in the tube

6-6.5? What do you mean?

For reference, everyone in this thread mentions dial positions like the face of a clock. Straight up and down is 12, for example. It will help avoid confusion later on :)

I do the same thing @stickstones does. Turn the EVO to max when first turned on. When it hits green, back it down to noon-1. When it turns green again, hit away!

Roth,

61reissue

It
6-6.5? What do you mean?

For reference, everyone in this thread mentions dial positions like the face of a clock. Straight up and down is 12, for example. It will help avoid confusion later on :)

I do the same thing @stickstones does. Turn the EVO to max when first turned on. When it hits green, back it down to noon-1. When it turns green again, hit away!

It means I have a mental block and see all dials as guitar amps..2nd time I have done this actually in a post. I set it at 1-1:30 in the real world:)

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

The answers above are pretty much all you need to know. To add a bit . . . a temperature setting on the dial across the EVO heat range will not necessarily be exactly the same from one unit to the next, because of subtle manufacturing process variables. Consequently, 1pm on one unit may be the same as 2pm on another unit. But the heat curve is steep so e.g. at the top of the range - above 3pm - units will be about the same.

VXL recommends filling the ELB about half, although individual preference varies. A load settled but not packed in the ELB at about half will facilitate good airflow thru the ELB. The ELB is actually designed to increase the convection effect. Essentially the same principle is at work in the bamboo with the orifices (aka the glass washers); this is why, while one can hit the EVO very hard like a traditional bong, that is totally unnecessary. A steady pull is actually better for airflow and, once the bamboo & ELB have been heated up, will deliver thick vapor. Pulling hard enough to create a whistle is usually less productive.

How many hits you'll get off one load is subject to a number of variables, such as above but also your herb, your grind, your rig, your technique, and your lungs. Many users who can handle larger hits like to load at 1/4-1/3; with a primer hit they can get 1 or 2 huge thick clouds. Then again, there are those who load a bit more and sip the EVO, getting a half-dozen or more relaxed hits.

Finally, re cleaning the bamboo: With a long q-tip dipped in ISO you can get at the areas below the bottom orifice and above the top orifice/inside the joint. This is where most of the small amount of resin build-up that I've seen, has been. You can't get (and IMO shouldn't try) a cleaning object in between the orifices. Some users have used corks/plugs in the top/bottom of the bamboo to hold just enough ISO to fill/soak it, later rinse with water and allow to fully evaporate. I've cleaned my EVO bamboo only once this way (and I have one of the earliest units).

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Roth

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Finally, re cleaning the bamboo: With a long q-tip dipped in ISO you can get at the areas below the bottom orifice and above the top orifice/inside the joint. This is where most of the small amount of resin build-up that I've seen, has been. You can't get (and IMO shouldn't try) a cleaning object in between the orifices. Some users have used corks/plugs in the top/bottom of the bamboo to hold just enough ISO to fill/soak it, later rinse with water and allow to fully evaporate. I've cleaned my EVO bamboo only once this way (and I have one of the earliest units).

Exactly. Cleaning the bamboo isn't a normal maintenance thing at all. I've only cleaned mine once, and that was because I vaped some DMT in it and wanted to get everything out.

Unless you do something like I did, or get really messing with a VXNail and spill some oil down there, not really a need to clean it. Might be something you do once every year or so if you're super picky about cleaning things.

Chandlerson

I'm torn between the evo and the OG cloud. I've had one evo that I've had to send back to vxl several times and the performance was never as good as the og clouds I've had.
I've had 3 og clouds and all performed amazing. Great extraction coupled with large copacious amounts of vapor. Has the inner workings /firmware changed since last year on the evo ?right now I just want toget the og but I'd like to know if things have changed with the evo
Edit-thanks for the descriptive answer @Cannabis Connoisseur :lol:

Last edited:
Chandlerson,
I'm torn between the evo and the OG cloud. I've had one evo that I've had to send back to vxl several times and the performance was never as good as the og clouds I've had.
I've had 3 og clouds and all performed amazing. Great extraction coupled with large copacious amounts of vapor. Has the inner workings /firmware changed since last year on the evo ?right now I just want toget the og but I'd like to know if things have changed with the evo
It's a NEW DAY WITH THE EVO!!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
...Has the inner workings /firmware changed since last year on the evo?
I believe the firmware has very little to do with vapor production (unless the hottest dial was set too cold).
I thinkfirmware could only affect heat-up time and LED behaviour and solve/introduce glitches.
I think the changed shape of the bamboo in the first EVOs was responsible for it's sub-par extraction on hard pulls. I think you need at least one restriction in upper part to get good hits when hitting it hard.
The OG cloud had 3 restrictions on the top and none on the bottom.
The first EVOs had all 3 restrictions moved down. Plus one wider on the very bottom.
This has been changed and new EVOs have one restriction on the upper part and 2+1 on the bottom.
Which makes the performance like a hybrid of OG and EVO. Htting hard on both slow and fast hits.
The OG had less vapor production at slow hitting.

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

. . . Has the inner workings /firmware changed since last year on the evo ?right now I just want toget the og but I'd like to know if things have changed with the evo

I can't give you the timeline, but I have been told that essentially all of the guts of the EVO have been changed/improved. For sure the firmware, the bamboo, and the heater.

KimDracula

Just got finished putting my EVO through its first paces this past hour or so. I am so happy with this thing. I knew I would be, thanks to all the info available through this forum which was what led me to my first vaporizer purchase so long ago. Hell, thanks to the forums and Stickstones in particular, I knew what to get from the company, what tools to get to clean the ELBs, a longer power cord for extra convenience, whether I wanted to use RezBlock or not (decided against it ultimately), what to get to lubricate the glass joints, etc. (okay, rambling now... a sure sign that I'm thoroughly medicated).

I enjoyed three light ELBs and a couple small dabs in the VXN. The flavor is incredible. Right now I've got some very nice Platinum Bay Cookies and a variety of concentrates (VB2 on its way back). I have been drawing pretty slow for 20 seconds or so at a time and while I feel like I've gotten bigger clouds in the past with my old vape (with fan assist), even these new-user clouds are more potent and tastier. I'll see how it works with a quicker draw when I'm done with my post. No whistling at all as of yet.

The concentrates were a cool experience. This won't be my primary method of consuming concentrates, but I very much like this option. It's uncannily efficient and let the flavor of the wax shine. It even self-cleans much faster than I thought it would.

This thing is also just so much fun to hit and I like the simplicity of the design, even down to the analog dial control. Even after hearing it so often I am still surprised how light the unit is. I found it unnecessary to put the heat-protective jacket on it and just handled it by the bottom.

I LOVE this thing. I always knew I would (I've been looking for years, even before this version of the Cloud) but didn't think I'd be able to swing the investment. Many thanks to Stickstones again for the awesome deal. I gotta get back to it now.

Last edited:

61reissue

I enjoyed three light ELBs and a couple small dabs in the VXN. The flavor is incredible. Right now I've got some very nice Platinum Bay Cookies and a variety of concentrates (VB2 on its way back). I have been drawing pretty slow for 20 seconds or so at a time and while I feel like I've gotten bigger clouds in the past with my old vape (with fan assist), even these new-user clouds are more potent and tastier. I'll see how it works with a quicker draw when I'm done with my post. No whistling at all as of yet.

I don't know what this is but it sounds damn tasty and that I will never find it in Pa!

61reissue,
Reactions: bigtvapes

KimDracula

It's one of the many Girl Scout Cookies hybrids (my favorite is Animal Cookies). I think it's the GSC X Platinum OG Kush (?).

Getting dialed in on this thing (I'm still high this morning from all my celebratory/experimental consumption yesterday). I am now getting clouds that totally beat the ones I got on my EQ with a bubbler and fan assist and they are so tasty and potent. I coughed like mad on the biggest one with eyes watering, feeling like I took a bong hit. I'm getting a good feel for how fast I like to pull. There's no whistling, either.

The HT is somehow much larger and sturdier than I thought it would be. It's a beautiful piece of work. I fill it just past the honeycomb diffuser and it's perfect for me.

The last thing I'll mention for now is how nice it is that everything is modular and that the cord is detachable. When I'm done with a session I can easily disconnect the cord and move the EVO and the HT on its Hydrafoot to my chest of drawers on the side of the room where it is safe between uses.

StormG94

Forever a student
Unfortunately I had that moment about a week ago with the EVO itself, watching the stock cord slowly curling itself back up taking the unit with it onto the tile. Thank god the hydratube wasnt on as well. Tomorrow is pay day, so I'll be sailing her off. Cant wait to have my baby back!

bigtvapes

I find that experimentation is everything. I'm still adjusting and tweaking. In general, I find my ritual lately to a CLEAN ELB somewhere at or just below 50%. I like my temp dial set at about 1:00. I then let the ELB heat int he chamber for approz 5 minutes. Sometimes more. Sometimes less. I find if I let it heat a little too long I can lose a touch of vapor but not much. Whereas if I don't let it preheat enough I get thinner, whispier vapors.

As far as how many hits I'm getting? my first two rips are the best. Full flavored thick clouds. Then I get progressively thinner hits for anywhere between 3-6 more depending on my load and temp. I HAVE at times turned the temp way down and just sat back taking a good 10 hits. You don't get the super thick taste but you do get medicated. Not as strong but it's... different. In a good way. Which is why I encourage experimentation.

bigtvapes

Blinking alternating red and green lights is the auto shutoff right? What does it mean when I get green and red light on at the same time? No blinking.

bigtvapes,

oldiebutgoodie

Blinking alternating red and green lights is the auto shutoff right? What does it mean when I get green and red light on at the same time? No blinking.

Yes, alternating red/green is the auto-shutoff. I haven't seen green/red lit solid. Did it continue after you power cycled the unit again?

oldiebutgoodie,

mscm888

Mine chooses to alternate between the blinking red and green lights and the solid orange (red+green simultaneously). Every now and then I catch myself being surprised by it being one or the other.

mscm888,

1337Dude

So...anyone have any hydratube recommendations? I was thinking the Turbine because according to their ratings, it's supposed to provide the most flavor. But perhaps if anyone here has managed to try all 3, I'd be interested in hearing if they had a favorite for any particular reason. I was planning on making the order when I get back from work, 7 hours from now :)

1337Dude,
Reactions: mixchu69

Just some guy13

I have the Turbine, the flavor is exceptional. You definetly need big lungs to pull a fat hit through the Turbine but it could be the same for the others, I've only tried the Turbine.

Just some guy13,

KimDracula

Love the Hydrahoneycomb I chose. It offers a bit more diffusion than the Turbine purportedly, but the taste is still wonderful. People also seem to love the Hydrabomb as well. Most people have said that you really can't go wrong.

KimDracula,
Top Bottom