• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I like the Skilletools Gold Digger to load herb into pretty much every vape I use.

It fits into an ELB and the pick end is good for unloading.

A bit pricey maybe but totally worth it IMO.

Gold+Digger.png

http://www.skilletools.com/gold-series/gold-digger

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Last edited:

Vital

Its an extra mouthpiece from my herbalAire.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/hydratube-flush-device.7263/

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, I had to have another eye surgery the other day and I have double vision right now so reading and posting is extremely difficult.

---
---
ht1h.jpg

---
htwash1.jpg

---
ht3y.jpg

Thanks t-dub!

Get well soon.

I like the Skilletools Gold Digger to load herb into pretty much every vape I use.

It fits into an ELB and the pick end is good for unloading.

A bit pricey maybe but totally worth it IMO.

Gold+Digger.png

http://www.skilletools.com/gold-series/gold-digger

Well...the name fits the price. :rofl:

All kidding aside is it 24k gold plated?

QUESTION:

Anyone have the HYDRABOMB HT? If yes; what color is the logo on your HYDRABOMB?
Thanks...

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

To expand upon @Vital 's question...

If anyone has a Hydrabomb and a Mobius matrix bubbler (clear or Ion)...which do you prefer and why?

Dr. Plutonious,
To expand upon @Vital 's question...

If anyone has a Hydrabomb and a Mobius matrix bubbler (clear or Ion)...which do you prefer and why?
I have both. (Matrix Ion) I don't have a logo on my Hydrabomb. I bought a prototype from Seibo. I like the Ion because the can is bigger. Yet I'll grab the bomb first. 1) no inverting
2) It's practically the same Damn thing
3) my wife bought me the Ion for an anniversary so it has more sentimental value. I'd be more upset if something happened to it. I can honestly say aside from it being one of the best pieces i have, It gets the absolute least amount of use.

Wacko

Not sure if allowed, but if against rules please delete. This seemed like the best place to post.

Have: 20% off Discount code on total order from VapeXhale.com. Expires on 08/02/2015 (Sunday) @ Midnight.

I will not be needing it. Will send to first PM received.

Wacko,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The survey looks like they want to gather customer opinions on what their next model should be.
Both options seem very appealing - either a 2/3 size cordless EVO or a pocket size 75% powerful pocket EVO.
But there can only be one, it was a hard decision and some people will probably hate me for my choice, but I've ultimately gravitated towards the former one.
Here is some of my reasoning that gided me to that conclusion:
1) 2/3 size and being cordless (i think they mean it has batteries but it's not pocket size) seems like an upgradeto the EVO. If there are any cons about the EVO except the obvious ones liek fragility, it's the size and cord.
This model could be the ultimate EVO upgade. No cord to mess around and smaller size would make it better to handle especially inverted. I'm a little worried about insulation as the current EVO already gets very hot on the outside, but I believe they have plans for that. The previous Cloud was the same size and was much hotter, so they're improving.
2) Pocket sized EVO with slighty less power sounds amazing, but actually imagining the experience I probably don't even want that.
The EVO is already so powerful that I can't really hit it dry. Even that huge long standard mouthpiece can't keep up with it's power and airflow and it my throat hot and hard.
I want different things from a portable than a desktop. For a desktop the most important things to me is performance, airpath purity and ease of use and cleaning. The EVO has all of that.
But a portable has different criteria for me. It should be easily portable, ease of use and cleaning, performance should be good but not too powerful, etc...
The vape that would fit best these criteria is probably the Crafty, but I have an Arizer Solo and that's also great. It has some restriction, but that actually help slow down the vapor so it can cool down so I can actually inhale it without much throat irritation.
3) So if there is a pocket EVO, it would probably be all glass and very powerful and compatible with GonGs. IMO that's even less portable than Solo. As I said, hitting such a powerful vape dry is no option for me and carrying a hydratube for it would impair the portability. When I want to hit a vape like EVO, i can wait until I get home where water tools are waiting for me. When I'm out I don't need such luxury and a vape like Solo satisfies enough.
4) Portable market is already exploding. There are a lot of actually gerat portables available or coming out already, the pocket EVO would be unique, but I still think we need more desktops. And vapexhale is great at that so why not continue?

An upgrade to one of the best vapes is always great, pocket EVO could be sort of revolution, but not one I can actulally imagine myself using. There's no point squeezing a vape to portable size when it's so powerful you need a watertool to actually enjoy it.

Of course other people could have totally different reasonings eventually leading to a different conclusion, I just wanted to give my opinions on this. I'd also like to hear opinions from a different perspective.

Maybe the survey end up 50/50 and they would be forced to choose on their own, or delay R&D and make both...

EDIT: one probably negative thing about this decision could be that a 2/3 size cordless EVO would render original EVO obsolete and only price could make people buy old EVO instead of the new one. So the future and support of the original EVO could be in danger. Pocket EVO wouldn't do that.

Last edited:

61reissue

I went with the 3/4 size model. I just think it is impossible to replicate the EVO experience in a portable..then it's not an EVO, it's another Pax like unit.

61reissue,
There are soooo many things I wish i could tell you guys,but i can say this, IF VAPEXHALE puts out a portable it will be unlike ANYTHING on the market. I pray for their portable. Also if any of you are underwhelmed with your EVO (new or seasoned owners) contact support and tell them your dissatisfaction. They will surprise you. Maybe it's time to send it in, just to make sure it's doing what it's supposed to. I can Whitewall any glass piece at 11 on the dial. My set temp is 9
It used to stay@ 2 :cool:

PeteSeattle

This unit is so efficient that I almost put the ELB in my hydratube!

Then I didn't even put the ELB in and took several draws thinking I've already milked the ELB. I look down on the counter and there's my bowl. Lol ... can you all tell I need to step away from the EVO?

Seriously ,this unit gets me medicated in 2 small bowls barely half packed.

Looking forward to future products.

Vital

This unit is so efficient that I almost put the ELB in my hydratube!

Then I didn't even put the ELB in and took several draws thinking I've already milked the ELB. I look down on the counter and there's my bowl. Lol ... can you all tell I need to step away from the EVO?

Seriously ,this unit gets me medicated in 2 small bowls barely half packed.

Looking forward to future products.
:rofl:

PeteSeattle

Hey I just bought one. Cant wait to try it out but I didnt get a hydratube yet. Do you guys recommend the ones they sell? They look tough to clean. Are they? How do you guys do it?

I had my hydro tube from my vapor blunt and works very well. Each to their own with water attachments as you can attest to the pages with glass talk. That being said any of the attachments on VapeXhales site are specifically tested with the unit so you really can't go wrong depending on your taste.

There are users here that do prefer the dry herb tube.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Hey I just bought one. Cant wait to try it out but I didnt get a hydratube yet. Do you guys recommend the ones they sell? They look tough to clean. Are they? How do you guys do it?

Did you check above and on the previous page? . . .

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-312#post-828647

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-311#post-828408

@t-dub uses PBW along with his tool as shown, I soak in Simple Green (as does VXL at shows) then use my rinse tool. Dawn works as a quick method, put a little in, add hot water, shake a lot, rinse out. I very infrequently use CLR for mineral buildup. In lieu of a tool like above, corks/stoppers are helpful. Some folks use ISO. There are other methods. I think the key is regularity; if done daily it only takes a few minutes.

bigtvapes

Wow dude that's creative! I was hoping I wouldn't have to do things like invent tubing attachments to my sink just to clean the damn thing lol.

I have an fbomb from planet vape and basically i just soak it with all my other glass stuff in some boiling hot water and a little bit (and i mean a tiny amount) of PBW for 10 minutes. Then i rinse with warm water. Then do one more boil soak for 10 minutes this time with the fbomb upside down and rinse and let cool. It's pretty painless and leaves my stuff spotless and 100% clean by appearance and disinfected. I think there are organisms that can live beyond boiling temperatures for ten minutes, thus I can not technically call it sterile, but I don't think bong water produces super aggressive ecoli so it's good enough for me.

I wonder if I just cut open like a 3liter bottle of soda or something like that it would be big enough to replicate this method with one of their hyrdatubes. I was looking at the hyrdabomb. Doesn't look too big but it's hard to tell how big it would be without holding it in my hands. t-bub's video gave me an excellent idea of the size of the swagger, but that appears to be sold out at the moment and I think i'd like the hydrabomb better for my purposes.

bigtvapes,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
I just put some ISO and salt in my HT. I have an 18mm glass stopper ( you could use the HT Stand) which I put into the bottom of the HT before I fill it with ISO so none leaks out. Then I stuff some paper towel in the mouthpiece and shake the shit out of it for about 5 min.

Like new. No extra hoses etc.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I saw the Herbalaire today, and actually thought it was an EVO at first. Are they sister companies or in any way affiliated with one another? Literally looks almost like the exact same device. Don't know which came first either.

gaseous_clay

I voted for the portable. Why? I am very satisfied with both my Cloud Evo & my Pax2. I know basically how a smaller, cordless home model would be. I wonder what the portable would be like.

Hey I just bought one. Cant wait to try it out but I didnt get a hydratube yet. Do you guys recommend the ones they sell?

I like the Double. Satisfied enough that (as previously mentioned) I am keeping it even though it wasn't what I ordered. I will have the Showercap in a couple days & can report on that when I do. Thinking about getting something a bit more basic too, like just a straight water pipe to have something a bit different.

gaseous_clay,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I saw the Herbalaire today, and actually thought it was an EVO at first.
Well, it could only be at first, becauase other that their color, bowl shape, dial position and proportions they're completely different devices.

The EVO is an high-end all-glass water tool convection power-vape.
The herbalaire is multi-purpose vape like arizer EQ, it's got bags, external pump, no glass, and is not convection only.

They're only a little similar by first look.
Are they sister companies or in any way affiliated with one another?
No. Not even in the same country. AFAIK herbalaire is canadian. EVO is made in USA.

Literally looks almost like the exact same device.
I wouldn't say that. By that logic almost everything could be a plagiate.

I've programmed a platformer game and this reminds me of the guy who said the game is an exact copy of Braid only because the bodily proportions of the main character and the artstyle were a little similar.

When something looks imilar to another thing, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a plagiate, in this big globalized world, it's more likely to be a coincidence.

Don't know which came first either.
The (original) herbalaire is way older,about as old as Arizer EQ, older than the original metal Cloud.
There is a new model of HA Elite, which is nevew, but originally, the HA came first.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Well, it could only be at first, becauase other that their color, bowl shape, dial position and proportions they're completely different devices.

The EVO is an high-end all-glass water tool convection power-vape.
The herbalaire is multi-purpose vape like arizer EQ, it's got bags, external pump, no glass, and is not convection only.

Truly was just based on aesthetics,
is
vapexhale_EVO_DMP_kit_large.png

I admittedly have done very little research on the Herbalaire so when I saw it, just immediately reminded me of the EVO.

HellsWindStaff,

swordy

Hi everyone,

Apologies if Im posting this in the wrong place. And I am just going through the posts but thought Id ask directly. I recently bought a cloud evo and am realizing it needs a filter system. After several draws, my lungs get a bit tighter, in some cases more than with smoke. Im chalking it up to the dry hot air? Needless to say, its not the lung-perfect experience I was hoping for.

Anyways, the thing wasn't cheap, and Im a bit hesitant to put in another 3 bills, and just wondered what the best solution is.. I see some of their hydratube pieces need a glass adapter additionally which is making this start to seem like extortion ha ha.

I also see some folks use the plastic tubes, which seems as if it wouldn't stress the unit as much with top-heaviness... I like all glass, but maybe this is a better option? Noting sketchy about running hot air through those plastic lines?

I have a sasquatch glass B, but the evo won't work directly with it as the glass element touches the water.

Or, is there some killer, homemade just-as-good adaption I could arrange?

Thank you to anyone interested in advance!

swordy,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hi everyone,

Apologies if Im posting this in the wrong place. And I am just going through the posts but thought Id ask directly. I recently bought a cloud evo and am realizing it needs a filter system. After several draws, my lungs get a bit tighter, in some cases more than with smoke. Im chalking it up to the dry hot air? Needless to say, its not the lung-perfect experience I was hoping for.

Anyways, the thing wasn't cheap, and Im a bit hesitant to put in another 3 bills, and just wondered what the best solution is.. I see some of their hydratube pieces need a glass adapter additionally which is making this start to seem like extortion ha ha.

I also see some folks use the plastic tubes, which seems as if it wouldn't stress the unit as much with top-heaviness... I like all glass, but maybe this is a better option? Noting sketchy about running hot air through those plastic lines?

I have a sasquatch glass B, but the evo won't work directly with it as the glass element touches the water.

Just pick up any cheap glass bubbler with an 18mm female connection, and invert the EVO into it. Check out the cheap glass threads in the glass section. Tons of decent options for less then $50.

bigtvapes

Do you need an extra adapter to use their hydratubes? It looks like they fit right on to the top part. I havent gotten mine yet so I'm basing all this on pictures and descriptions.

bigtvapes,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Hi everyone,

So you are using the glass mouthpiece only, no water tool at all? What HT's require a glass adapter (except for the Gordo, which isn't really an HT, all the pieces fit atop the EVO)?

By plastic tubes I assume you're referring to the whip pieces used with the non-HT alternatives like the recycler or gordo. Unless you specifically want a glass piece like that, IMO best to stay with an HT. That said, you can use the EVO with just about any 18mm joint glass water piece. Many here have pieces with a Dewar joint or stemless so the EVO is used inverted, that works very well too.

IMO - and I have a sensitive throat - a good diffusing HT does the job nicely. What heat setting are you using, how dry is your herb, how fine a grind are you using, how full is your ELB, and how hard are you pulling? Most of the time concerns raised here by new users are attributable to technique and/or the learning curve, and get resolved with a little more info and practice.

Top Bottom