Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I haven't tried the Firefly and have no room in my budget for another vape until I sell one or more, so don't tempt me. ;)

You definitely don't want to hear about the Crafty/Mighty then, either! Flavor's just a step below the EVO, but not much. And hits rival just about any desktop I've tried.

The Crafty/Mighty really do pair well with an EVO. You never really have a drop in performance whether you're home, or out and about!

Regarding the EVO, I've had a few episodes recently where the light is green, but the heat has clearly been off for a bit. This only happens when I've had the unit on for several hours. I'm power cycling it every 20-30 minutes, so the sleep timer never kicks in. It just seems eventually, after I power cycle, the light will be green like it's still on, but the heater is turned off.

It usually catches me by surprise, because I go to take a hit, and don't get anything. Thankfully, returning to noon, and power cycling one more time fixes the issue.

Just curious if others had experienced this? And once again, it's for sure not the sleep timer. It's not flashing red/green, just solid green.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . .
Regarding the EVO, I've had a few episodes recently where the light is green, but the heat has clearly been off for a bit. This only happens when I've had the unit on for several hours. I'm power cycling it every 20-30 minutes, so the sleep timer never kicks in. It just seems eventually, after I power cycle, the light will be green like it's still on, but the heater is turned off.

It usually catches me by surprise, because I go to take a hit, and don't get anything. Thankfully, returning to noon, and power cycling one more time fixes the issue.

Just curious if others had experienced this? And once again, it's for sure not the sleep timer. It's not flashing red/green, just solid green.

Yes, my EVO does this but it is very infrequent. I can't recall it having happened when first powered on, it seems it's always later after I've power cycled it (usually to reset the timer). Exactly as you describe, solid green and then as soon as I grab it I notice that it's gone/is going cold. I've thought about sending it in but it happens so seldom I just say the hell with it, not worth the bother since it otherwise has always performed perfectly (mine is one of the earliest units).

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Yes, my EVO does this but it is very infrequent. I can't recall it having happened when first powered on, it seems it's always later after I've power cycled it (usually to reset the timer). Exactly as you describe, solid green and then as soon as I grab it I notice that it's gone/is going cold. I've thought about sending it in but it happens so seldom I just say the hell with it, not worth the bother since it otherwise has always performed perfectly (mine is one of the earliest units).

Exactly. I've considered sending it in, but just don't feel like it's worth it. A simple power cycle will fix it, and it doesn't happen that often to really bother me much.

I don't seem to ever recall it happening when I first got the EVO though. Maybe it did? But if it did, it was much more infrequent because it didn't make an impression on me. At this point, it seems like it might happen to me once every few days if I'm using the EVO for a good portion of the day.

Do you remember your unit always displaying behavior, or is it a more recent occurrence?

I got my EVO in January 2014. So I believe one of the earlier units, but not as early as yours. I have however had my bamboo replaced twice (once it cracked by itself, once I dropped it), not sure if any firmware was updated either of those times.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Exactly. I've considered sending it in, but just don't feel like it's worth it. A simple power cycle will fix it, and it doesn't happen that often to really bother me much.

I don't seem to ever recall it happening when I first got the EVO though. Maybe it did? But if it did, it was much more infrequent because it didn't make an impression on me. At this point, it seems like it might happen to me once every few days if I'm using the EVO for a good portion of the day.

Do you remember your unit always displaying behavior, or is it a more recent occurrence?

I got my EVO in January 2014. So I believe one of the earlier units, but not as early as yours. I have however had my bamboo replaced twice (once it cracked by itself, once I dropped it), not sure if any firmware was updated either of those times.

I just can't say if it's doing it more often now than when I first got the unit. I do remember it happening a few times the first months, because at first I was horrified, thinking something was seriously amiss. That was just me over-reacting (we're all a bit sensitive about our vapes, aren't we - especially our #1.) I think it's just intermittent, and probably could be pinned down to one's usage profile (I probably toggle mine a half-dozen times every evening) but jeez, who wants to keep a log, right? It's just not that frequent or that much a bother.

If you have an earlier unit and you've sent it in for repair, I think there is a good chance the firmware was updated. IIRC there were some changes made to the firmware in the first 6 months or so, consequently any units sent in w/o the newer firmware got upgraded prophylactically.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Roth

Chill Dude

I've been close to pulling the trigger on the EVO for a few months now. I like everything about it. The only thing bothering me is the long heat up time.. Some on this thread say it takes 20 or 30 minutes to heat up for maximum performance; while others say that you just need a warm up of about 3 minutes to the green light and rip away... So I don't know what to think...

In general I like quick sessions.. If I have to wait 3 or 4 minutes it's no big deal, but 20 or 30 minutes is a deal breaker for me.. I'm not in a position where I can leave the unit on all of the time so a reasonable quick heat up time is a must..

Chill Dude,

Vapor King

I've been close to pulling the trigger on the EVO for a few months now. I like everything about it. The only thing bothering me is the long heat up time.. Some on this thread say it takes 20 or 30 minutes to heat up for maximum performance; while others say that you just need a warm up of about 3 minutes to the green light and rip away... So I don't know what to think...

In general I like quick sessions.. If I have to wait 3 or 4 minutes it's no big deal, but 20 or 30 minutes is a deal breaker for me.. I'm not in a position where I can leave the unit on all of the time so a reasonable quick heat up time is a must..

Pull the trigger!! Heats up within minutes and can be used without issue.... what you will find is when it's been on for appx 15-20 minutes....its really warmed up and functions better....but still works without issue within a few minutes

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Pull the trigger!! Heats up within minutes and can be used without issue.... what you will find is when it's been on for appx 15-20 minutes....its really warmed up and functions better....but still works without issue within a few minutes

Agreed, you're able to use it withing the first 3-5 minutes without issue. However, if you want those super dense white walled pieces you see in the videos, it's definitely best after it's been on for 10-15 minutes. It's not that it doesn't perform without a long heat up, it's more like if you want to unlock the turbo mode for it, you need to let it heat soak.

In an effort to get enough thermal mass quick, turn the EVO to max when you turn it on. Once it goes green, back it down to noon or 1 or wherever you want to start. By the time it turns green for you, you'll be able to get some tasty hits no problem.

61reissue

I am a new user and 5 minutes top is what I have seen. Another factor that I don't see a lot about is the conservation of material. First you can pull the ELB's out at anytime without the risk of being burnt and I swear I am getting 8-10 huge hits from 1 ELB. If you factor that I am a basically 2 hit guy I am getting 3-4 sessions per ELB. When I got this last week I took 4 big hits and wound up walking around my pool for an hour.

61reissue

...dragon head wine bottle holder on amazon...
I have a couple differant styles,..some load from the top..like this one,..and some cradle it....Either way..the evo is basically the size of a wine bottle..little stubbier...but they all pretty much work.

That is pretty badass!

61reissue,
Reactions: EVlL 55

gaseous_clay

I had not been leaving mine on until reading some of the recent comments... had the little WTF moment last night when it started flashing! lol

gaseous_clay,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
OG Cloud and Evo fan here. Went through the glass collection today and just went variety crazy with my Evo. Just started orange is the new black on netflix and i would bust out a new piece of glass with my Evo for each new episode.

I still like to try new vaporizers, but after years of Clouding this is the one i always go back to.

61reissue

OG Cloud and Evo fan here. Went through the glass collection today and just went variety crazy with my Evo. Just started orange is the new black on netflix and i would bust out a new piece of glass with my Evo for each new episode.

I still like to try new vaporizers, but after years of Clouding this is the one i always go back to.

How much glass do you have??? Most importantly any recommendations for glass bubblers? I have the Hydrabomb but I am looking to start amassing some glassware.

61reissue,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I wouldn't want to get into that here, but there is threads specific to the subject and forum members whom know a lot more about glass than I.

Good thing about the Evo. It works great with ANY glass given the correct adaptors it will milk and piece.

Vital

Are there any small tools that are ideal for loading and clearing ELB's? Like a little scooper/pick or something.

I made this filling tool using the4 elbow from an Extreme Q, a piece of tubing, and a glass mouthpiece...It work's great!
Qi6yvGI.jpg

Last edited:
Vital,

EVlL 55

...I also recently picked up a right angle cord...which really helps w/ stability...
there's also a right angle adapter...so you can plug that in to the evo socket w/ out the cord all over hell...then just connect the cord when you use it...it might even "break away" just in case

Vital

...I also recently picked up a right angle cord...which really helps w/ stability...
there's also a right angle adapter...so you can plug that in to the evo socket w/ out the cord all over hell...then just connect the cord when you use it...it might even "break away" just in case

The right angle adapter is called a Right Angle IEC-320-C13 adapter. It's also called a C13 to C14 right angle Adapter. ;)

Last edited:

gaseous_clay

Does anybody here have experience with both the Double & ShowerCap Hydratubes?

I ordered the ShowerCap, but received the Double. They offered to send me the ShowerCap if I return the Double. I'm wondering if I do, will I regret it?

gaseous_clay,

EVlL 55

...wow that's tuff...
I think I'd go w/ the single personally.
Just seems a double might be overkill and keep the draw bouncing around the tube awhile longer.
I have a swagger side tree...iv tried my evo thru all kinds of pieces w/ diff. percs and whatnot and found while I think the flow is a little choppy the flavor is amazingly close to dry.
It takes like no water to cover the slits.

Vital

Cute shovel, but overpriced IMHO. You could have purchased two Arizer Mini Whips for the same price. http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Mini-Whip-p/arizerminiwhip.htm One of the reason its overpriced if you noticed it does double duty. It also appears to have tool at the handle end for opening the PAX. I would shop around more for a miniature scoop/shovel if that's the direction you want to go. I have to tell you though you can't beat the easy fill tool I made. You can pick up an Arizer Mini Whip from www.puffitup.com, for $8.61 if you use the coupon code FC-1 when you checkout. It also comes with free shipping. You don't have to use a mouthpiece with it. I added it but it works just as well without it. Randy from Puffitup.com is a member here; he is a pleasure to business with. He replies to emails blazingly fast (Usually the same day).
A filling device could also be made from plastic if you know someone that has a 3D printer.

What did you pay for the Honeybun including shipping, if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited:
Vital,

gaseous_clay

Cute shovel, but way overpriced IMHO. What did you pay for the Honeybun including shipping, if you don't mind me asking.

$12.99 on Amazon.

Yeah, it's overpriced... Hopefully it's worth it!

Do you have pictures or links to the two HT's you are referring to?

ShowerCap
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...-97f2-4134-bd8f-9665e2c1a827.jpg?v=1428003241

Double
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0047/9562/products/swagger_double_large.png?v=1366133942

gaseous_clay,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
These two HydraTubes are on completely different ends of the spectrum. The double will be high diffusion and give you the smoothest hits with a little less flavor. The shower cap holds almost no water, diffuses very little, and retains the most flavor. FWIW the double is worth a lot more $$$.

Loading ELBs is really easy with the EZLoader I designed. Its just an 18mm vapor hose adapter, a piece of tubing, and a mouthpiece. Just grind your herb then put an ELB in the EZLoader and inhale to suck your medicine into the ELB. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. The vapor hose adapter is $14.99 at VaporWarhouse: http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/h2o-adapters-male.html

ezloader.jpg

---
8013-access-adapter-19mm-male-500.jpg

---

Top Bottom