Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Got my Grav VX.TRs today. They hold very little water (see photo), but are just right if paring with a hydrafoot. It holds less than 1/2 shot.

grav.jpg

Grav%20y%20tas.jpg

Clouds with Cloud EVO

EVO.jpg

Sweet setup, @macbill . . . I really like the HF 2.0. I'm currently using a HydraLine on top, with cracked ice but no water. But virtually all the HT's work well on this HF base, which has great diffusion and is very smooth.

I'm curious though why you're using a CloudBuddy-like adapter to raise the EVO? Is that so you don't have to lift the EVO after each hit?

oldiebutgoodie,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Riddle me this: What do you get when you roll a ball of shatter in a pile of kief and then surround said kief bomb with top-notch organic flower and then drop said shatter/kief/flower bomb into an ELB then surround the bomb with a sprinkling of more flower then close ELB then drop it into an EVO dialed at 3 then rip it two times using a Swagger Early Bird straight-neck HT with ice pinches?

Answer: Relaxed

Lovin my EVO after a tough day.

Teedub

I finally received my working 240v Evo today, working well. :)

A few comparisons a wins between the old and new evos:

No rattle this time @Seek. And the whistle is much lower in pitch which I like, my first evo was a very high pitch. The bamboo is indeed different to my other evo as Seek was saying the top has a higher bamboo restriction now. The ground part of the joint is shorter than the previous as well (that may just be a glass variance). This one feels hotter to touch than my last one, anther good sign.
One thing I cant remember now if my old evo did or not was turn green for a moment before the red led, this happens whenever I turn it on. So I presume it's normal?

Downers:
Unfortunately Vxl failed to organise the delivery of my 2 promised vxnails which I had previously organised with them. Quite a letdown when I've been waiting so long.
I also did not receive the promised Heat shield so I have a bit of following up to do. And another niggle is that the evo has a wobble from uneven legs bit sloppy for a high end vape. Looks like its due the casing fitment. What ever guess I'll file them down even.

First test:
1/3rd full elb with no real heat soak, turned it on max backed it to 1pm waited for green and used straight away. 3 an a bit big rips from 1pm to 3pm on the dial

Slight delay in vapour for the first rip, to be expected without a bit more heat soak but overall very nice extraction. Almost everything feels better than my mk1 Evo! Abv evenly extracted and great flavour as always! I think this unit may run hotter which pleases me as my original evo's max temp was too low. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into a molten glass fireball again!

Time for lots more science! Sub vs Cloud+ vs Evo science! haha gonna be a good night.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
And the whistle is much lower in pitch which I like, my first evo was a very high pitch.
I think the whistle of my new EVo is also slightly lower in pitch, but the main difference is the lower volume of that whistle. But I think it's just glass variance, other new EVOs could possibly whistle just like old ones.
The ground part of the joint is shorter than the previous as well (that may just be a glass variance).
It probably is, the only difference on my side is that the ground glass joint on the new EVO is sligthly higher, but the same shape.
This one feels hotter to touch than my last one, anther good sign..
I don't feel any diference here. Both are equally hot on outside as well as their air output.
One thing I cant remember now if my old evo did or not was turn green for a moment before the red led, this happens whenever I turn it on. So I presume it's normal?
This is indeed new. The new EVO starts on green for about half a second. The old one also starts on green, but that green only blinks very fast, as it immediately turns red.
Probably some kind of startup protection, so it starts right every time. The immediate start of the old unit could be easily glitched.
Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into a molten glass fireball again!
So far my new EVO has NEVER overheated. But it's going into exception signal shutoffs quite often.
The regular auto shutoff timer on my unit is still missing.

When I try to run it for 2 hours, it's almost guaranteed to shut itself off at some time showing one of these 3 patterns:
-fast blinking green
-green only blinking 4 times into red and green simultaneously (this one is rarest)
-just solid red and green simultaneously. (about as frequent as the first one)
Maybe one of these is actually a shutoff timer and I just don't know the pattern.

The heater always shuts off at any of these glitches, so no overheat so far.
With this new one I can trust the LEDs.
When it's solid red - it's working it's way to the temp.
When it's solid green - good to go.
When it's a weird pattern - it's cold, needs restart.

The old one could show solid green or red and act crazy...
...or freeze at red but still maintain the temp.
That was not depandable at all.

So the new one is definitely better even when there still are some glitches.

But I'd like to know if I'm the only one experiencing this.
If yes, maybe I should try to get it replaced again.
If not, this can wait as I can use the unit and it's not likely to burn itself.

Last edited:
roll a ball of shatter in a pile of kief and then surround said kief bomb with top-notch organic flower and then drop said shatter/kief/flower bomb into an ELB then surround the bomb with a sprinkling of more flower then close ELB then drop it into an EVO dialed at 3 then rip it

Well my nights planned. I have all the ingredients maybe that's why this spoke to me like a delicious recipe. Any other shatter tips?

Last edited:

jdee

My EVO is combusting now and it's quite gross when you're expecting delicious vapor. Good thing my ticker is still rockin.
"2 year warranty on any problems with the base unit electronics and heating element"
Anyone having dealt with this issue know if I'm covered?

jdee,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Check your bamboo if it's ok. Plug the bottom with your finger and blow into it, if you can blow air in, the bamboo is broken, if not it's faulty.
Also a properly working EVO WILL combust if you pull very slowly for a looong time at heat above 3 oclock.

Seek,
Reactions: Roth

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Well my nights planned. I have all the ingredients maybe that's why this spoke to me like a delicious recipe. Any other shatter tips?

;) I like this system because I'm primarily a flower guy. But when I'm feeling sassy, party-like, or stressed I like to let my hair down (I'm bald, actually) with some concentrates. By surrounding the shatter/errl/etc... with flower and such, it avoids the messy muck and the shatter as it melts coats the flower. I call them "flerrl" hits. I can get quite a few dense hits from this system. :freak:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
As I'm waiting for the hydrabase, could anyone who has one count how many slits are there actually?
On the most high-res photo I could see there are 5 gridded cuts, but I couldn't tell how many times each cut is divided.
So i guess it could be 15, or 20, 25, ... slits. I've got 15 on my circ and 20 on my tree, so I think it will be at least on par with them.
Another thing I'm a little worried about is how stable it is going to be with an EVO connected.
I've also seen pics with EVO connected, so it probably is somewhat stable.
I wonder if it would stand only with a short mouthpiece attached.
But anyway I'm not going to leave the EVO inverted in there, I'm just wondering if it would be stable.

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . .
Another thing I'm a little worried about is how stable it is going to be with an EVO connected.
I've also seen pics with EVO connected, so it probably is somewhat stable.
I wonder if it would stand only with a short mouthpiece attached.
But anyway I'm not going to leave the EVO inverted in there, I'm just wondering if it would be stable.

Fwiw, I have the HydraFoot 2.0, which I think is the same as the HydraBase except for the perc; it might be a tad heaver. It's just under .5kg and with the EVO inserted it sits "somewhat stable" as you guessed but a bump to the EVO could easily topple it. I added a small piece of glass - 90g - with the stem leaning away from the EVO and that shifted the center-of-gravity enough so that it balanced fine and was stable. So I'd expect it to be OK with a short mouthpiece attached. Of course not as sturdy as having an HT on top, but probably adequate.

oldiebutgoodie,

hektik8625

Does anyone know the story behind the orange/red version of the cloud evo? Saw one listed as new , but not sure why it's that color.

hektik8625,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Thanks for that, can you take a look at this and do u think its fake, thanks in advance....
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away (beta test group) we had some choices to make. Afterwards, @Stu wound up with the red, magical one, Mrs. StoneMonkey the UCLA blue IIRC. You can see orange was made but it was just a test though so no telling how many there are/were. So is that ad of yous a fake? I dunno . . . :shrug: It looks real enough to me. I see a t-shirt in there and some nails and stickers and stuff so it seems legit, but remember, I DO NOT KNOW SHIT.

evocolors.jpg

hektik8625

@t-dub thanks for the info, it's kinda weird , the evo looks half red and half orange in one pic of the ad ..I hit up the seller and she said she doesn't know why it's that color..... I'm not sure if I should go for it or not...

hektik8625,
Reactions: t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@t-dub thanks for the info, it's kinda weird , the evo looks half red and half orange in one pic of the ad ..I hit up the seller and she said she doesn't know why it's that color..... I'm not sure if I should go for it or not...
You are right it does look half red and half orange in one of those pics, I missed that. Weird . . .

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It looks perfectly real to me. You can always send an email to vapexhale if you wanted confirmation.

I hit up the seller and she said she doesn't know why it's that color.....
This strikes me as odd. For such a unique item, there must be a story behind how this ebayer ended up with it.

:peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
This strikes me as odd.
What also strikes me as odd is the 4 pictures of the Grenco G pen at the end of the series that obviously do not belong with the ad. Something tells me the seller is not the original purchaser of this item but has acquired it somewhere and is reselling it.

Edit: Apparently in the description the seller says the item in the last 4 pics is included as a bonus. I do not like the comments made about dog hair or the way they are pricing things out. Something smells funny on this one. They also are preemptively asking you to not open a case with PayPal if you are not happy. Kind of anticipating a problem.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I remember in the Indiegogo campaign, colors (I can't remember how many) were a choice, and I chose a color (white?) that was cancelled due to some reason, like heat changing the color, and they deciding on just one color based on a material change used for the housing.

Or I could be full of shit.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I do not like the comments made about dog hair or the way they are pricing things out. Something smells funny on this one. They also are preemptively asking you to not open a case with PayPal if you are not happy. Kind of anticipating a problem.

Also this line:
"EZ Load Bowls (10 large 7 small) $30+"

Do these officially come in two sizes now? They sure aren't on the VXL site if they do.

And the ten "large" on their own would be US$50 new. God knows what the seven "small" ones are or are worth, but they appear to have massively undervalued the bowls vs all their other estimations.

IncredulousDylan

Took a tolerance break with a trip to the Bahamas for a few weeks (wooo)! Breaking the Evo back in with some shatter and GTA 5 tonight (on a 34" 3440x1440 monitor
Xp2WDOF.gif
). When I first got my nails I mistakenly used them at high temperatures instead of hitting at noon and then burning off right after at the highest temp. The entire bottom third of the nail would be black. PBW overnight, then a while in an iso/salt mix with some shaking and a bamboo skewer to clean off the little bits remaining. Really, though, just hit it at noon and then immediately burn off and almost none of it will remain each time! I managed to break my second nail last night by taking my eye off of it for a second and having it roll off the table. Glad I got it free with my dab buddy...

Still thinking about paying for the adapter so that I can run my dabs through the double chiller/hydrafoot 2.0 setup. That would probably remove the harshness I don't enjoy with oils.

Oh man, if only I knew what I was in for when I posted this. So, I hit up a huge dab right after that post and I dab rarely. I start having crashing issues, etc. immediately when trying to play the game. I'm rocketing upwards and losing all auxiliary sub-systems, so I know I have to work as fast as possible. Throwing up windows like wallpaper all over my desktop and googling the hell out of all possibilities. Issues extending all the way back to GTA IV are dominating search results and I can't find any clear answers. The dab is taking control and I'm starting to forget what I'm searching for almost as soon as I hit the next page. On the Something Awful forums someone goes "Well, did you download the new drivers they just put up?". Man, I feel like an idiot -- ALWAYS update your drivers first, folks! After spending FIFTEEN MINUTES just trying to update my drivers because I kept getting distracted, they update and the game works perfectly.

I'm having an amazing experience - from robbing that bank in the opener to walking around the city observing and building a car so fine in-game people were taking out their cellphones to snap a picture of it. I actually found a blimp (a BLIMP!) at night and climb into it. The camera zooms out to a huge wide shot that fills my screen with the city skyline; blooms of red and white through a desert haze. As I climb, the sounds of the city fade away and a rolling retro 80's synth theme starts creeping in stereo around my head. Then I get the blue screen. My SSD (Crucial M4 240GB) picked that moment to die. With a good hour of crazy high left, I sit in front of my synth and jam like nuts without being able to record any of it (:huh:). Had to wait several days for Amazon to deliver a new SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 500GB) and I was forced to do a complete re-install.

Yesterday, I set up all my overclocks, etc. and get everything ready (including another dab) for a second go at things. It all worked!

Last edited:
IncredulousDylan,
Reactions: t-dub

hektik8625

Super bummed, just heard back from vapexhale... They wrote.....

Unfortunately, this is a promotional EVO that is not allowed to be re-sold. We sincerely thank you for bringing this information to our attention.

Have a great day,

Benjamin
Warm Regards,

VapeXhale Support Squad

Sooooooo bummed. I think I screwed myself :(

Top Bottom