Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Shaking my f'ing head. Was telling my brother in law and his girlfriend that their were no problems with my cloud. After reiterating not to twist multiple times, she put the tube on and twisted. Locked it. I managed to get it off with breaking any glass. But now the bamboo is wiggling. Everything seems to be working fine. Is there any damage that was done? Do I need to send it in? Seems like no glass broken and everything is fine.

newVaper420,

solodolo420

Shaking my f'ing head. Was telling my brother in law and his girlfriend that their were no problems with my cloud. After reiterating not to twist multiple times, she put the tube on and twisted. Locked it. I managed to get it off with breaking any glass. But now the bamboo is wiggling. Everything seems to be working fine. Is there any damage that was done? Do I need to send it in? Seems like no glass broken and everything is fine.
If it works, it should be OK. Mine wiggles and I turn it sometimes so I think you should be good :)

BRAND1SH

I save trees
Does Vapexhale sell the bamboo or does the unit have to be shipped ? Mine fell one foot onto carpet while in a pillowed bong bag and still broke. FML

BRAND1SH,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
My bamboo broke all by itself. One night it was working, next day, glass shards were visible looking down the tube with a flashlight.

Sent it in, they agreed I hadn't used the EVO as a hocky puck, and they quickly returned it, better than before. It heats much better. Yay, and I can see the colors (red or green) way better.

I like it when things work out without a hitch.

EVO and Cribbage: a great combo
EVO%20and%20Cribbage.jpg

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
...my knob seems loose..a little give all around..but a slight brush of the hand and it will move out of posistion...proboby nothin'.
You have probably got 2 wristbands in your package. If not, get some. They can help with this really well.
You just put one under the knob and one above it, so they touch it. This adds friction that we need. By pushing them closes you can fine-tune the friction force to your liking.
Look at the mumified EVO on the left it has that feature - two white bands above and below the knob (and many many more lol):
i0T0J0Y.jpg

...the power cord needs to be seated what seems deeep..like if I were to plug and unplug from the unit only occasionally,..it feels like it might do damage to the assembly...but then again,..the likelihood of me plugging/unplugging would be rare at best anyway.
I don't have any problem with this, I plug and unplug frequently and I haven't noticed any damage to assembly the cord still fits in well on both EVOs. I think there's no need to worry.

...and the exposed joint...I have a worked dome on top of it to help make me aware of it but it's in no way protecting it....I think a black or green mini reversed heat resistant plunger head of sorts would not only finish it's unfinished look but protect that joint when not in use...or perhaps it could stay on with only the joint exposed so the ht has a soft waterproof landing each time it's applied and removed.
Some tips that you can follow to protect your bamboo:
1. If the unit is not running, unplug it.
If it gets caught by the cord when its off, it didn't have to happen.
2. If the unit is plugged in, don't put it on heightened places, or be careful with that.
My EVOs run always sitting in some corner on ground, so they can't fall down or get kicked.
3. Use hydratubes wisely - don't blow, or stop pulling while on the heater (that can also make the water backflow a bit)
And unlock by rocking back and forth, not twisting - it's less stressful for the glass.
3. When the unit is cool, you can plug the top with the red cap that it comes with, that can add extra protection.
4. Finally can also put it completely back into the box it can in.

Last edited:

EVlL 55

Thank you very much for the wristband tip friend,..I really appreciate it..it's a good one.
For the joint I pretty much ransacked my niece's toychest and stole a dolls head...the neck hole is an 18.....bonus!!

EVlL 55,

xxxscottyxxx

Finally got the cash to put down on one of these when they come back to stock in the UK but just before i do i just wanted to see if anybody who recently got one of the UK 220v Evo's has experienced any major or reoccurring issues or niggles that i may need to take into consideration first? I did hear somebody a while ago saying he thought the unit run quite cool and had to constantly have the unit on max to get good results which worried me slightly but havent hard anything since so this could have been an isolated case maybe? Love to hear from anybody who get a UK model and if it finally lived up to the hype or there was something that let them down slightly.

Also, I know most people on this site were getting their unit from Vapefiend as they were the official stockist for the UK but ive come across another website 'namastervapes.co.uk' who also claim to be official stockists, they include a VapeXnail in the package which Vapefiend doesnt and still manage to be £60 cheaper than Vapefiend. Has anybody on here used them? Are they reliable etc.. any input would be welcome as £460 is a lot of money to throw down on another vape so if i could save £60 on the deal it would be great!

Thanks in advance for any input / suggestions

Cheers

xxxscottyxxx,

BRAND1SH

I save trees
I honestly wouldn't do it yourself and risk voiding any warranty. Your going to have to send it in and it might take a couple weeks, $88 plus shipping for a replacement bamboo.
Well I emailed them and honesty being my only policy, admitted to dropping it. I simply informed them I wanted to ship it to them for repairs so I could go back to enjoying it. They emailed me back quickly letting me know to send them my serial number, receipt and address.I replied immediately letting them know I purchased it used, however it was a new purchase in October. I've had it one month myself.
So they just sent me a repair order and address to ship it in. I will be sending this in next day lol. Seriously the cloud evo is that good. If you have several tasty strains like myself nothing is better at tasting all the goodness and differences.

Does anyone know how much the bamboo replacement fee is?

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
...i just wanted to see if anybody who recently got one of the UK 220v Evo's has experienced any major or reoccurring issues or niggles that i may need to take into consideration first?
I have recently got one, and my original EVO is also still functioning.
I think there are still some, but the international unit definitely got better in a lot of ways:

-New bamboo that performs even better
-Overheat protection layer (blinks green rapidly when it detects too high temp)
-Better clouds on hard pulls
-Glitches less frequent
-Glitches not fatal (I'll need more time, but so far I haven't experienced or heard of any overheat)
-Less varienty of glitches (I've never got missing light on "on", or frozen solid green or red glitch)

There are still few glitches:
-Overheat protection sometimes shuts of the vape at random
-Overheat protection keep the vape from turning on when the actual temp is above 2 oclock, when it's turned on it can go and stay there no problem.
-Solid green and red light together with heater off. Happens usually at random when the unit is running for 30-120 or more minutes
-If I remember correctly, few times I've got a pattern of both red and green like above but a solid green alone blinking into it 4 times in a row. Weird. what could it mean...?
-I think I've never got a proper auto shutoff timer event, if that still is a pattern of red and green blinks into no light.

So except the solid red and green together, everytime something happens the unit shuts off a displays some pattern, which means a controlled shutoff. So far I've never got any "crazy" kind of glitch like the frozen solid red or green when the heater goes into random state.

I belive it could live long and deliver a lot of vapor even when it sometimes shuts off.

I did hear somebody a while ago saying he thought the unit run quite cool and had to constantly have the unit on max to get good results which worried me slightly but havent hard anything since so this could have been an isolated case maybe? Love to hear from anybody who get a UK model and if it finally lived up to the hype or there was something that let them down slightly.

Both my EVOs seem to run at similar temp ranges, i think the new one is actualy a little bit hotter. And I definitely don't need MAX to vaporize. I can get god vapor production at 10 oclock, which is like 30% on the dial. I get optimal vapor production at 1 - 2 oclock, from 2 - 5 oclock, the vapor whitewalls the hydratube and the vapor gets high-temp.

530rasta

The heat glove I bought with my nail smells strongly of chemical off gasses after being slipped on an operating EVO for a few sessions. Smelled horrible.

Having to clean the nail so often has me using it less and less..... Pretty sure I'm about to sell my evo.

530rasta,

magpie77

Finally got the cash to put down on one of these when they come back to stock in the UK but just before i do i just wanted to see if anybody who recently got one of the UK 220v Evo's has experienced any major or reoccurring issues or niggles that i may need to take into consideration first? I did hear somebody a while ago saying he thought the unit run quite cool and had to constantly have the unit on max to get good results which worried me slightly but havent hard anything since so this could have been an isolated case maybe? Love to hear from anybody who get a UK model and if it finally lived up to the hype or there was something that let them down slightly.

Also, I know most people on this site were getting their unit from Vapefiend as they were the official stockist for the UK but ive come across another website 'namastervapes.co.uk' who also claim to be official stockists, they include a VapeXnail in the package which Vapefiend doesnt and still manage to be £60 cheaper than Vapefiend. Has anybody on here used them? Are they reliable etc.. any input would be welcome as £460 is a lot of money to throw down on another vape so if i could save £60 on the deal it would be great!

Cheers
Hi mate,my evo from vapefiend has been perfect from day one,regarding namastevapes they tried to rip me off last year I would stay well clear just wait for vapefiend,just hope it's not another 2 year wait

Cheers

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The heat glove I bought with my nail smells strongly of chemical off gasses after being slipped on an operating EVO for a few sessions. Smelled horrible.

Having to clean the nail so often has me using it less and less..... Pretty sure I'm about to sell my evo.

Do you have more than one nail?

stickstones,
Reactions: 530rasta

530rasta

Yea I got two nails and a heat sleeve. What a waste.... Heat sleeve has horrible off gassing.

Having more than one nail doesn't matter. I've had them soaking for days and did multiple burnoffs. They get a clean bottom half but the upper half of the nails seems permanently charred.

530rasta,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Try some pbw. I like to burn mine off, but I end up with a lot of black shit on the bottom sometimes. Then I'll ISO them and get okay results. Then I use pbw and something to gently scrape with and they are crystal clean. In fact, I got mine used and they had a little crud on them that the pbw got off. You could probably skip the iso and go straight to pbw...it will get that crud off the top half for you. I love the VXNail hits...the best dabs I've ever had.

I'm with you on the heat sleeve...I think it's a bad idea. That heat is trying to get out and I don't want it to further heat up the electronics, right? I use one wristband to mark where it gets hot. I just make sure to grab it on or below the band, not above!

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I always PBW soak my nails first, usually for a few days but that is overkill. Make sure you start with HOT water.

Then, if any stubborn stuff remains, ISO soaked long stem q-tip and a little scrubbing does the trick for me.

Top Bottom