Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

OrdinaryJoe

Just had a flash of inspiration, if someone else wants to do this go right ahead. tell me how to get one myself!

SteamRoller HT (not actually a water tool)

made a crappy paint picture showing the idea, but i think plenty of people can understand what i'm trying to get across here.

Think that a steamroller would be a good match with an EVO? just a suckerpunch to the dome.

Bat Norman

@OrdinaryJoe you should check out the JoDa glassworks thread over in the glass section.
FC member who makes some pretty cool shit, might be worth having a chat.
Here's one he made for a solo
My steamroller for my solo arrived in perfect condition. Very clean and I love the black accents. Thanks a lot, @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd!

dGUQyYh.jpg

z9

Just had a flash of inspiration, if someone else wants to do this go right ahead. tell me how to get one myself!

made a crappy paint picture showing the idea, but i think plenty of people can understand what i'm trying to get across here.

Think that a steamroller would be a good match with an EVO? just a suckerpunch to the dome.

@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd has been making them for the E Nano for some time. I'm sure he could easily make one for the EVO.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I think this would be pretty badass, but would there be any real difference hit-wise than using the dry stem and pulling to clear?

:peace:

OrdinaryJoe

I think this would be pretty badass, but would there be any real difference hit-wise than using the dry stem and pulling to clear?

:peace:
Possible slightly faster clear? haha you bring up a fairly good point never even crossed my mind.
still it would be a fun addition to any EVO.

OrdinaryJoe,
Just noticed my bunny started to chew my EVO cord. Where can I get one locally and what do I need to know about the cable? Is does it need to be a certain one? Or can I just get any three prong dealy? Please help!!!

VapeNStone,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Just noticed my bunny started to chew my EVO cord. Where can I get one locally and what do I need to know about the cable? Is does it need to be a certain one? Or can I just get any three prong dealy? Please help!!!
.. As long as it's the 10A 125V w/ the same shape plug, it should work.. It's a common computer/electronics cord, you might have one lying around already :shrug:

PurpleDazed

I fucking better!!! Or it's rabbit stew tonight!
Is your Name Elmer J. Fudd?? Just kidding But i am considering getting a nice evo with a swagger showercap travelbuddy honeybun tool a hydrofoot 5pk of silicone cases if I can only get a confirmed price for all under whats listed and if produced and distributed in penn usa why does a unit going to NY have to pay tax on an internet order? well if we can get settled on a good price someone might want to get me a code for the referal thing

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
My EVO just melted and filled my room with toxic smoke. Holy fuck. What the fuck just happend? This is what a melted and glowing bamboo looks like. This thing is fucked and filled up my room with some dioxide smoke.

342QAvC.jpg

xe46P89.jpg
I am very sorry to hear about this. Please send support@vapexhale.com.com and we can help diagnose then fix your issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we will like to learn what has happened and what we can do to prevent this in the future.

JoeKickass

My EVO just melted and filled my room with toxic smoke. Holy fuck. What the fuck just happend? This is what a melted and glowing bamboo looks like. This thing is fucked and filled up my room with some dioxide smoke.
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
we can help diagnose then fix your issue.
If you can fix that evo you're the man! Melted and destroyed as it must be, I bet that's quite a job!

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
I am very sorry to hear about this. Please send support@vapexhale.com.com and we can help diagnose then fix your issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we will like to learn what has happened and what we can do to prevent this in the future.

Its cooled down enough to handle. The bamboo is melted and was just starting to drip! The bubbling zytec plastic has given me a headache.

The EVO was purchased through the first MassDrop around July. It had been on continuously for 2 to 2.5 hours at the 2:30 o'clock dial before dying.

Almost everything I own smells like burnt plastic now. The smell seeps into everything. Guess it could be classified as smoke damage. Thank god none of my pets were in the room. This website is called fuckcombustion, but all I am smelling is combusted plastic and electronics jenkem.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Holy shit. I always make a point of turning mine off after use. I like the smoother convection of not letting it build up heat. Now its going from a point to a RULE.

Also I'd keep in mind that this has happened with just about everything from iphones to xboxes to PC power supply to microwave ovens. I look forward to hearing what the cause is, but I assume this will be an isolate incident. Was it plugged into the wall or surge protector? At work I had a defective surge protector melt a coworkers phone charger last week. Is this a USA cloud?

EDIT: Had an unrelated revelation. I ordered the quartz nail and was thinking "damn all I'll miss now is my ceramic nail". EUREKA perhaps? Could someone (either VXH or 3rd party) sell a ceramic disk to simply drop down into the glass or quartz vapexnail as an "oil puck"? Same thing with titanium. This would allow the quartz or glass vapexnails to give a titianium or ceramic experience with very little effort or added cost.

I know I'll have literally no use for my glass vxn once the quartz one comes...so maybe there is a way to convert it to a ceramic vaping surface like I described above. I do believe ceramic gives the best flavor, and IMO quartz is the best all around compromise. I'd love to have a glass VXN with ceramic vaping surface! Any thoughts or reasons why this wouldn't work? I got a full ceramic nail for like $10 that has been holding up wonderfully despite torching it often. I'd imagine that means "oil pucks" would be a cheap and fairly simple option... just make a ceramic disk the right size and literally drop it into the bottom. DONE.

Last edited:

JoeKickass

I'd keep in mind that this has happened with just about everything from iphones to xboxes to PC power supply to microwave ovens. I look forward to hearing what the cause is, but I assume this will be an isolate incident.
I don't think that's a safe assumption...

We've had evo's overheat and glow red, it's just the owner shut it off before it got too hot. It makes sense that if the evo loses heater control and keeps the heater on full it's going to meltdown...

I would say a minor revision to the circuit board is needed. I've seen a few too many burned evo posts for comfort...

This should be an easy fix and something that should have been there from the beginning: Either change the switching mosfet part of the circuit (heater control) so that when the mosfets fail (and they do) they fail with no power to the heater. Or simply add a thermo-fuse, but like I said it should already be in there...

The reason other products don't (shouldn't) burn down your house is that they pay $$$ for them to be independantly tested by UL and other safety certification agencies. That's the sticker they have saying how much power they use, voltage, etc. with the little "UL" in a circle.

I know it must be hard to get a vape certified but I do think it's a good idea to follow common electrical safety design norms (like a fuse) :2c:

darkrom

Great Scott!
I don't think that's a safe assumption...

We've had evo's overheat and glow red, it's just the owner shut it off before it got too hot. It makes sense that if the evo loses heater control and keeps the heater on full it's going to meltdown...

I would say a minor revision to the circuit board is needed. I've seen a few too many burned evo posts for comfort...

This should be an easy fix and something that should have been there from the beginning: Either change the switching mosfet part of the circuit (heater control) so that when the mosfets fail (and they do) they fail with no power to the heater. Or simply add a thermo-fuse, but like I said it should already be in there...

The reason other products don't (shouldn't) burn down your house is that they pay $$$ for them to be independantly tested by UL and other safety certification agencies. That's the sticker they have saying how much power they use, etc. with the little "UL" in a circle.

I know it must be hard to get a vape certified but I do think it's a good idea to follow common electrical safety design norms (like a fuse) :2c:

Didn't know there were no real safety features like that in there. I also haven't been keeping up with this thread since I don't use my cloud at home for anything but oil really. The bud is just stinking up the house too much. First world problem of the year: I can ONLY vape oils at home and save my buds for on the go. I know my S&B products have UL certification...but do any other vapes at all? I don't think I've ever seen it on any other vaporizers.

Last time I was following along this thread was quite a while ago. I thought it was just the international clouds that were having runaway heat issues? Is that not the case?

JoeKickass

Didn't know there were no real safety features like that in there.
Well I would hope there are, but something happened to make the evos overheat that shouldn't be possible with the correct precautions...

I haven't been here in a while too and that's a good point, I wonder if it is still international evo's only having problems?

JoeKickass,
Reactions: darkrom

MinnBobber

..... I know my S&B products have UL certification...but do any other vapes at all? I don't think I've ever seen it on any other vaporizers.

The miniVAP has gone thru European testing, like the Volcano. I'm not sure if their Mighty and Crafty have those certifications??
  • CE and RoSH marks of quality and security

MinnBobber,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
The miniVAP has gone thru European testing, like the Volcano. I'm not sure if their Mighty and Crafty have those certifications??
  • CE and RoSH marks of quality and security

Crafty has at least CE. I'm not too familiar with the other markings besides CE and UL. I don't see UL on the crafty anywhere looking quick. The volcano definitely had it though.

I am more curious about if the runaway heat including @Been Vapin 's unit are internationals only. It would suggest that it needs a tweak, and they can hopefully compare the differences between US units and the internationals. If runaway heat happens on both...yeah its going to need some work.

darkrom,

Vape Dr.

It looks similar to a computers power supply cord.
That may work.
I don't have any more PCs, just laptops or I would check for you.

Vape Dr.,

darkrom

Great Scott!
It looks similar to a computers power supply cord.
That may work.
I don't have any more PCs, just laptops or I would check for you.

It is just a standard pc/monitor power cable. Any local computer or electronics store will have it.

darkrom,
Reactions: poonman

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I've seen a few too many burned evo posts for comfort...

Maybe I've missed them, but the only instances of runaway heaters that I've seen have been international units. (@Been Vapin being the first US runaway heater I've seen mention of) Do you have examples of US EVO's having this issue?

Been Vaping, that's crazy that it happened. Hope you're able to get the smell out of your other stuff. Curious to hear what the issue was.

gigaurora

Hey, I'm canadian and had a evo go crazy satan mode and melt the glass bamboo before haha. in the middle of a party i'm in another room and just the casual "ps is your vape suppose to be smoking and melting?"

It was all fixed and taken care of though :)

530rasta

So.........if the pc board ect is designed with a flaw that allows overheating then would it stand that any evo purchased direct from vapexhale should be sent in and it's electronics components upgraded.?

I bought my evo during the presale. But to be honest I have only used it a handful of times and not once since last spring simply bc I don't feel safe using it.

JoeKickass

I bought my evo during the presale. But to be honest I have only used it a handful of times and not once since last spring simply bc I don't feel safe using it.
I did the same thing and got the earlybird tube (good for vapexnail) but I use my evo for flower with an efs doughnut every day...

The top certainly gets hot enough to burn you, so it's hard to tell if it's overheating or just acting normally...

Top Bottom