• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

kimura

I have been in the habit of applying a little bit of grinder grease to the male joints on my glass pieces to prevent them from getting stuck and to create a better seal. I think it really helps to prevent the joints from binding. I have seen some carnage in this very thread that I think may have been preventable with just a little lube.

I have hesitated to apply any lube or grease to the male joint on the Cloud + or EVO itself. no real reason, I just felt a bit nervous about it due to the heat I guess... didn't want the lube to scorch or get too runny. however last night I was doing some scientific research :lol: using my EVO and Lotus WPA simultaneously, interchangeably, using the same Hydrafoot 2.0... I do grease the outside of the 14mm -> 18mm adapter that I use for the Lotus WPA, so long story short, I ended up with some grease on the male joint of the EVO, and it seemed to cause no problems. no scorching, lube stayed put and did it's job. I wiped it off when I was done.

I don't think I have seen anyone get the EVO stuck in a glass joint yet, so I'm not even sure if this is an issue that needs to be addressed... but I thought I'd throw it out there. does anyone actually grease the joint on the EVO? is there anything to be concerned about here? I'm only talking about a very thin layer that is easily wiped off. seems like it might be a nice little safety habit for us OCD people, unless I'm missing something obvious, which is reasonably likely

Hioctane

Vaked
I have been in the habit of applying a little bit of grinder grease to the male joints on my glass pieces to prevent them from getting stuck and to create a better seal. I think it really helps to prevent the joints from binding. I have seen some carnage in this very thread that I think may have been preventable with just a little lube.

I have hesitated to apply any lube or grease to the male joint on the Cloud + or EVO itself. no real reason, I just felt a bit nervous about it due to the heat I guess... didn't want the lube to scorch or get too runny. however last night I was doing some scientific research :lol: using my EVO and Lotus WPA simultaneously, interchangeably, using the same Hydrafoot 2.0... I do grease the outside of the 14mm -> 18mm adapter that I use for the Lotus WPA, so long story short, I ended up with some grease on the male joint of the EVO, and it seemed to cause no problems. no scorching, lube stayed put and did it's job. I wiped it off when I was done.

I don't think I have seen anyone get the EVO stuck in a glass joint yet, so I'm not even sure if this is an issue that needs to be addressed... but I thought I'd throw it out there. does anyone actually grease the joint on the EVO? is there anything to be concerned about here? I'm only talking about a very thin layer that is easily wiped off. seems like it might be a nice little safety habit for us OCD people, unless I'm missing something obvious, which is reasonably likely
I use a high temp O-ring at the base of the male joint..keeps tubes from going down on the joint far enough to get locked on.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Since the beginning I have had to have it on 3. I am now trying to dial back to 2 after warned up. That is about as low as it can go. Takes a good 15 min to warm up. If I leave on and it goes red, I have to do the 10X fast on/off to get it back on. Is this all normal or am I in need of a tune up?

thanks in advance.

AFAIK you should not need to toggle the switch repeatedly to restart the unit. I would submit a Support ticket to VXL. Many times Support has been able to resolve an issue over the phone w/o a return required so perhaps you'll get lucky. If not, VXL has typically been very responsive with turnarounds.

. . .

I know there is a lubricant specifically made for joint lock; is that what you're using? Otherwise I would be mindful of the type of "grease" used. Lubricants can have a variety of bases, such as mineral oil, plant oil, petroleum, silicone, and others. And often there are additives, too. I wouldn't be concerned with interaction since glass is inert but I would want to be sure the lubricant is specifically designed to withstand high temperature without any change to its properties.

The Cloud joint is very slightly "shaved" specifically to guard against joint lock. I've never had a need for a lubricant with a HydraTube, but I do have a Mobius piece with a dewar joint where the Cloud isn't a perfect fit - the issue is with the Mobius joint (my other Mobius dewar pieces are not a problem), not the Cloud but nonetheless a lubricant would help.

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So just buy it from VapeXhale? cause for the next few weeks/months not gonna be able to vape. is the dry mothpiece good enough if I own someother water pieces?

Umm, i'm confused. If you are not going to be able to vape, then you don't need to buy it now.

However, if you want to vape now, buy it from VapeXhale. You won't regret it.

As far as dry mouthpiece, some people love it. I have Evolver HydraTree v1.0 and have never used my Cloud EVO dry, nor will I ever most likely. The hydratube is sooo good.

OrdinaryJoe

common guys a few more votes needed on massdrop!! =)

nevermind just hit 200. nice job
Have any idea how long it usually takes for vapes on MD to drop again? cause idk if they've finished distributing the orders from the first drop. i hope its not terribly long. would suck if it was a one time deal for VXH.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So when did they stop offering a discount on hydratubes when purchased as a bundle with the cloud?

I thought it used to work out to something like $50-100 off, now it just looks like you pay full retail if you add a HT with the cloud...

:hmm:

exit

guys do you not wear out your elb's or something? i keep talking to people about how me and my friends go thru elb's in a matter of a couple months, usually sooner. but they're so expensive, however everyone says they never wear them out?

i dunno about you guys but when my and my friends use our clouds we still put 2-4g a day thru them. even if i keep my elb's clean they actually physically wear out.

will we ever see titanium elb's or will i have to keep dreaming about those? :D
:D

can we hear from some more of our heavy cloud users?:cool::cool:

exit

I have over a dozen ELBs that I run in rotation and let soak in ISO for long periods. Sure I have destroyed 4 or 5 by accident (stepped on a couple ripped a couple apart) but most seem to be aging gracefully.

How long have you had them for? I have half of what I started with, bought mine a couple months after the IGG ended, but i also got mine during the sale where they were including $60 of ELBs.

I'm just saying i would pay extra for titanium ELBs if they were offered...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have purchased ELBs several times since the Cloud first came out so they are staggered. I did get one batch a long time ago with questionable welds and some have had a slight size variance but with enough pieces in stock you can mix and match.

t-dub,

Monsoon

So when did they stop offering a discount on hydratubes when purchased as a bundle with the cloud?

I thought it used to work out to something like $50-100 off, now it just looks like you pay full retail if you add a HT with the cloud...

:hmm:
Those are sale prices, I guess they're not running one right now. I think they usually run them on the weekend ending on Sunday but it doesn't always apply to all HT's. CoralReefer's "worldreefers" code should still be valid for 10% off but it's better to wait to use it when there's a sale.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I know they occasianally run sales on hydratubes (are those sales only if you buy it with a cloud? I didn't think so, and it'd honestly be a pretty average sale if you did...)

I am certain that they used to offer a discount on the hydratube if you purchased it as a bundle with the cloud unit.

It just seems to me that there's no incentive to purchase the hydratube with the cloud now.

Before, the most logical option (to me) was to purchase a cloud+HT bundle, whether you have other glass or not.

Now, the most logical option (to me) is to buy the cloud, an either
1 - use it with existing glass, or
2 - purchase a cheap china piece from the cheap high quality bubbler thread.

I know hydratubes a great (I've got 3 of em myself), but I don't see why anyone would purchase it with the cloud now...
I guess maybe for use with the nail, but even then there's the adapter/whip set that can be purchased...

:shrug:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
guys do you not wear out your elb's or something? i keep talking to people about how me and my friends go thru elb's in a matter of a couple months, usually sooner. but they're so expensive, however everyone says they never wear them out?

i dunno about you guys but when my and my friends use our clouds we still put 2-4g a day thru them. even if i keep my elb's clean they actually physically wear out.

I have a lot of ELBs. I have about 13 good ones. Some I've had for over a year definitely. They never wear out. I think I had 1 top rip apart. 2 I stepped on. I may have had a few more, but I don't think any really have died on me (with the exception of the top ripping apart once in the very very beginning (2012).

How do you empty the elb? I put in a metal tool and just get the stuff out. Also, I soak in ISO for long periods of time.

I use ~ 1.5g a day.

biohacker

I love HT's but I sadly don't own one due to the cost. I understand the intricacy to make them, but my cheap china glass works so well with the Cloud I'm holding off for sales, classifieds, etc.

All my ELBs have actually held up well over the years, except for a couple of seams have come apart. I keep them religiously clean with PBW then ISO then hot water.

biohacker,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

How do you empty out your ELB's?

Roth,

exit

How do you empty out your ELB's?

I use a bamboo scraper to pull everything inside out.

I have friends who just take off the cap and tap it on the bottom until the stuff falls out. I do that sometimes but I usually scrape it out to keep it clean.

I've had like two just rip straight open when trying to remove them from the Evo though.

exit,

Propaganja

Anybody order a cloud evo from vxh to canada? Did u have to pay customs? I see Planetvape has it in stock, maybe it would be wiser to order from them.. But not sure if they are holding new models or stocked on old ones.

Propaganja,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I use a bamboo scraper to pull everything inside out.

I have friends who just take off the cap and tap it on the bottom until the stuff falls out. I do that sometimes but I usually scrape it out to keep it clean.

I've had like two just rip straight open when trying to remove them from the Evo though.

I wonder if it would be better to use a more gentle tool, like perhaps a mascara-like brush? Perhaps the hardness of your scraper is too harsh? Also, I remember on the OG thread, it being suggested to turn/swirl the brush with the direction of the inside weld, i.e., not against the edge of the top side weld because that could loosen it.

I also had some initial frustrations with all my OG and EVO ELB's fitting the same on my Clouds. Mixing/matching (incl caps) mostly solved that. For the obstinate ones I used the "training" trick with an Extreme-Q elbow, although I did mash one that way.

:2c:

exit

Thanks for the pointers. It's the Vapir bamboo pokers, so I assumed they were fairly gentle. I have a friend who uses a brush but lots of resin stays inside the ELB and it gets clogged sooner.

But am i dreaming of titanium ELBs? I know I keep bringing it up but I can't help but feel they would be more durable. Or like, maybe have sales on ELBs from time to time ;)

I need to clean mine again because it tastes burney after 2pm

Vapir-Bamboo-Cleaning-Sticks.jpg

exit,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I use a toothpick and just do a twirl or two inside to get everything out.

I have 4 ELB's, but have mainly been rotating out 3 for the past 5 months. After a day or two, I just drop it in a cup of ISO overnight to clean it.

My ELB's show no sign of wear yet. I don't put quite as much through them as you, but it still seems like yours are breaking down very quickly. I wouldn't call the ELB's flimsy, but perhaps a little more of a tender touch is in order?

Roth,
Reactions: exit
Top Bottom