• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Yea I never go past noon for flowers lol. Unless I want to really milk for a vid or something. I'm mostly at around 10:30am or so but it really depends on the strain. Seems sativa's work better on the low end then the indica's do? Idk
I agree but I wonder what type vapor output id get a 10:30? Only time I've vaped at that low of temp, was through the glass mouthpiece an it was whispy.

Cannabis Connoisseur,
It also depends how your EVO is setup. I have one from the beginning and I believe it runs a little hotter than most.
I figured there might be a hotter version. Mine seemed to run hotter before I sent it back. I want mine to run hotter. I mean it has no problem milking it now, its just up higher than I recall it having to be. Edit,
Just did a test with a Sativa dominant hybrid strain @11 your words rang true with density. For all searching for clouds, I simply set mine to max for five or ten min and then my desired temp and CLOUDS. This is the same method i just used to reach Clouds @ 11 but I do admit I'm using a very potent strain.

Last edited:

Czechyourhead

My Evo arrived yesterday from repair. (Ten days total from the day it left my house). Working good as new. Seems to be running the same temp. It even came back to me with some extra (and much needed/appreciated) wristbands and new cover (beer cozy looking thing).

Very happy with the entire process.

Monsoon

You could have ordered from PlanetVape and saved yourself the fee and hassle, or even vaporizers.ca and saved the tax too with free shipping!
I wanted some other stuff that PV doesn't sell yet and I got a decent discount. If I was counting pennies I probably would have bought just the EVO from PV.

Was that from the MassDrop sale ?
Nope, straight from their site. I believe Massdrop usually ships USPS First Class to Canada.

Monsoon,
Reactions: poonman

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just got my MassDrop EVO with SideTree HT. I could not figure out how to get the proper water level with the SideTree, does anyone have any tips? No matter what I tried, I could not get the water level to stay above the tree slits so that the percs would fire, the problem is that the water just drains into the lower chamber, filling it too high so as the risk water pouring out the bottom. If I put in less water, the water still drains down and then the tree slits aren't covered and it's like hitting it dry.

Little Help? I did the MassDrop specifically because of the included HT, but currently I find this Un-useable. :mad: Surely I must just be doing something wrong?

I was still able to try the EVO with my Pinnacle WaterTool and a reducer adapter. I was expecting much bigger clouds from what I've read here and seen on video, but I did get well medicated. I will try it inverted on my other glass and see if I can get it to milk, but so far, seemed wispy, but still did the trick in effect. Going to try the VXNs soon after the flowers wear off a bit, very curious about those.

z9

Just got my MassDrop EVO with SideTree HT. I could not figure out how to get the proper water level with the SideTree, does anyone have any tips? No matter what I tried, I could not get the water level to stay above the tree slits so that the percs would fire, the problem is that the water just drains into the lower chamber, filling it too high so as the risk water pouring out the bottom. If I put in less water, the water still drains down and then the tree slits aren't covered and it's like hitting it dry.

Little Help? I did the MassDrop specifically because of the included HT, but currently I find this Un-useable. :mad: Surely I must just be doing something wrong?

I was still able to try the EVO with my Pinnacle WaterTool and a reducer adapter. I was expecting much bigger clouds from what I've read here and seen on video, but I did get well medicated. I will try it inverted on my other glass and see if I can get it to milk, but so far, seemed wispy, but still did the trick in effect. Going to try the VXNs soon after the flowers wear off a bit, very curious about those.

My sidetree is working great with the water level about a quarter inch above the slits. I filled it up there the first time and I've been using that same water level since without any problems. Mine fires evenly and has absolutely no drag at that level, taste is great. Sounds like your HT might have gotten by QC. Does it look right cosmetically? I can post some pictures of mine later if you'd like.

I was also disappointed about the lack of clouds, even at 4 o'clock after a 20 minute heat soak at max the hits were wispy. Don't get me wrong, a quarter ELB had me very medicated but my abv was much lighter (at 4 o'clock) than what I vape to with my OG cloud... really I was just disappointed that I didn't get to watch my HT milk

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
My sidetree is working great with the water level about a quarter inch above the slits. I filled it up there the first time I've been using that same water level since without any problems. Mine fires evenly and had absolutely no drag at that level, taste is great. Sounds like your HT might have gotten by QC. Does it look right cosmetically? I can post some pictures of mine later if you'd like.

I was also disappointed about the lack of clouds, even at 4 o'clock after a 20 minute heat soak at max they were wispy. Don't get me wrong, a quarter ELB had me very medicated but my abv was much lighter (at 4 o'clock) than what I vape to with my OG cloud... really I was just disappointed that I didn't get to watch my HT milk

Thank you, based on your comments, I am guessing my HT is leaky, I can see one spot inside where the water is draining down into the bottom, which I am guessing is not supposed to happen at all. Quite a bummer :ugh:

Mister G,

Starless

And bible black

Sounds like you need to fill it up on more vertical angle. If you tilt it too much when filling (like when filling in a small sink) the water will pass through to the lower chamber. Try using a bottle to fill it and that shouldn't be a problem.

Starless,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Sounds like you need to fill it up on more vertical angle. If you tilt it too much when filling (like when filling in a small sink) the water will pass through to the lower chamber. Try using a bottle to fill it and that shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you, but no, it drains while upright and not tilted at all, I can see a spot where water is flowing into the bottom, so I suspect a tiny leak inside.

Mister G,

Monsoon

Thank you, but no, it drains while upright and not tilted at all, I can see a spot where water is flowing into the bottom, so I suspect a tiny leak inside.
I checked mine and the only way to get water down there is to tilt it 45 degrees so definitely an issue. They're pretty quick with fixing issues, if you submit a ticket now I wouldn't be surprised if they had a replacement in the mail by Tuesday.

Monsoon,
Reactions: poonman

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Not the greatest pick but you would never be able to see the leak in a pic. This shows it after I filled it very slowly to about 1/4" above the slits, in just about 15-20 seconds you can see how much water has already drained intot he bottom:

sidetreeht.jpg

The foot and HT are a lot smaller than I had pictured in my mind. I did try the EVO inverted on my GB187 at about 3pm and got decent clouds. Gonna give the VXN's a go now.

I've just submitted a ticket - I think (contact form on their website, yes?), so I'll get to experience this legendary customer service so many have posted about.

Last edited:

z9

So can anyone get dark brown abv with their EVO? I just tried it at the highest temp and was a little disappointed to find that I'm only capable of getting a light-to-medium brown bud. Is this normal?

Otherwise the Evo is amazing. The weight, feel, taste, and versatility are greatly improved. I'm getting extremely medicated and I don't necessarily need to reach those higher temperatures but I like knowing that I have the headroom. The quality of the swagger HT greatly exceeded my expectations. I'm loving the sidetree and will try it with my OG cloud later.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Welcome @Lorkhan! That's crazy the difference in those two HTs. I ordered from mass drop as well but chose the side circ. I've still not even received my tracking. I have a cloud+ but decided it was time to upgrade. Glad I've got the cloud to help pass the wait time. Hope you like the EVO! Sorry to hear the bad glass news @Mister G

Salazar

My Massdrop EVO with Sidetree came yesterday as well. Have not used it yet, but everything seems intact. I appear to have the regular Sidetree and not the "Evolver".

Salazar,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So can anyone get dark brown abv with their EVO? I just tried it at the highest temp and was a little disappointed to find that I'm only capable of getting a light-to-medium brown bud. Is this normal?
Even the original Cloud had trouble browning the load at lower temps. I think the EVo is going even further. After a milky hit on max the ELB contents are still light/green but you can taste the 100% high-temp toasty vapor.

I think this is another consequence of EVO's heat precision - its very narrow spectrum of spatial and temporal heat range. The upper end of the spectrum is what makes the middle of the load go brown.

The are no upper ends (no place in the bowl at no time) that make your load go brower than it should on your set temp (as in every other vape, even sligthly the OG Cloud).
There are no bottom ends giving you better flavor than it should on your set temp (that's why the EVO can change the taste drastically after turning up the temp slightly).
The EVO just gives you a continuous stream of air heated almost exactly the same in its whole volume for the whole time.

In othes vapes, where the spectrum is wider, the part of the bowl that gets hit with the upper end get browned and the sides remain green and mix in some good taste.
In the EVO, the is no borwing from the upper end and also no green left on the sides from the lower end. When you continue to hit it, you will notice the whole bowl goes brown at once at some point with no green left.

If you want browning, you need to hit it few more times even if it doesn't output any more vapor.
The EVO just extracts so well that it's possible for herbs to not brown YET when they are nearing 100% extraction.

When I used Volcano, I noticed it also starts browning only at high temps when I keep blowing more bags, even if there is not any more vapor it can pump out.
That's the same thing - the volcano can be very precise because of its massive heat exchanger and steady airflow. The EVO achieves this with direct draw and to even more extent.

vvvvvvv Yes, that was the point.

Last edited:

Smoke1ForMe

Yes if you keep hitting it, it will eventually get dark brown in my experience.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just got my EVO from Massdrop today. Looks like they shipped out two different types of SideTrees. Mine's an Evolver.

z5svnr2.jpg

No leaking problems on mine. Hopefully you get a replacement soon, Mister G.

I don't know if this is the case of the grass being greener but I like your side tree better. If I get a replacement maybe I can request the dalek version.

Top Bottom