1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Dr. Plutonious

Dr. Plutonious Well-Known Member

Lemme know how you like it with flowers! I'm looking at this one too.

newVaper420 and Been Vapin like this.
  2. stonemonkey55

stonemonkey55 Chief Vapor Officer Manufacturer

Just a quick update for those waiting for a support response. Please give us an additional 48 hours as we are currently traveling back from the SF Cannabis Cup. We didn't win, we didn't place, and it was disappointing to see the same two ecig manufacturers win (yet again) but I like to think we were the "peoples choice"

vakedcow, JCat, spincut and 19 others like this.
  3. macbill

macbill WA-WAHHH. WA, Oh WA-To-See

It's about noon PDT. 9 hours left in Massdrop EVO PKG drop. 66 people have signed up. "the group is now saving a total of $21,118". A very impressive response.

poonman, Mrmrmrmr and grokit like this.
  4. Cannabis Connoisseur

Cannabis Connoisseur K-Rino Enhances Meds

PRETTY SHIFTY BUSINESS with the Cannabis Cup results. :hmm::\:nope::disgust::mad::cuss::bang::rant::goon:

5. macbill

The Assassin's Necktie from GlassBlowersDirect.com makes a fine concentrate tube for EVO ($99).

[​IMG]

6. ForeverRedBeard

ForeverRedBeard Wormhole enthusiast

I was wondering how big that tube was... thinking bout getting one down the road.

7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

The group grew Exponentially like an exhaled vapor cloud from the EVO .
    I just hope VXH has that many EVO PKGs in their current inventory .
    I've waited long enough for this vape .

This will be my 1st desk top vape , and I've been following the Cloud
    since it's conception a few years back . iirc ...when 3 guys met on a
    ski slope and came up with a Great Hidea over drinks and cannabis ...

8. Alvinhwang63

Alvinhwang63 New Member

same here,hopefully they ship it out this week,so excited!

9. ForeverRedBeard

Does anyone have the turbine ht? My buddy is thinking about getting an evo after countless vaping sessions usuing my evo. The turbine is the one that keeps calling out to him.

10. macbill

The Hydra Tube picks the Owner. Your friend has been chosen, he just doesn't realize it, yet.

Hexi likes this.
  11. ForeverRedBeard

Very true when I purchased mine the only one that called out to me.was the showercap.

macbill likes this.
  12. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

I know I just posted a "I combusted" post a little while ago, but now I'm concerned. I turned it on and the red light started blinking. I did have my air conditioner running, so I figured it was a glitch due to different electricity levels or something. I have no clue about electricity and how its affected in a house, etc.

So, I toggled the switch and it turned solid red. After about 1/2 hour or so, I noticed it still didn't turn green. It was nice and warm, so I figured it was ok, just a glitch withe light not turning green. I took a couple hits and it was perfect.

So, I toggled the switch again, and finished watching Orange Is The New Black, about 1/2 hour. I went to talke another hit and the unit was so hot I almost dropped it. The ELB was smoking and the bamboo was cherry red.

I'm going to contact VXL inthe morning but I'm posting here to see if anyone has an idea why this happened. Was it due to a power thing where maybe it didn't get enough power to trigger temp control and light? Then it just kept heating in a runaway fashion?

I'm bummed, I also lost my Ti nail and my glass nail just broke. Looks like I'll be resorting to the Solo, perhaps the best vape in my collection (reliable)...

TerrorTurkey and poonman like this.
  13. macbill

My original Indigogo unit overheated in that manner. It melted part of the plastic that surrounded the bamboo. I sent it in and received a new unit in its stead, which came with the same serial number on the base of the unit. I must say, I have had great service from this company. Excellent warranty!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    grokit likes this.
  14. Deadshort480

Deadshort480 I got a fever! The only cure is more glass, baby!

What size nail do you need?

bigmarv999, exit and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  15. Anonymouse

Anonymouse Sith I care

That sounds exactly like the issues the international units are seeing.

16. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

The good news is the bamboo did not crack. I'm going to turn it on this morning ad see what it does. I really think it was the air conditioner being on, but I have had a couple of combustion events lately without it being on.

I'm looking into buying an 18mm domeless...

17. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

Damn straight! It's a shame but I think:
    Best Booth
    1st Place - Vader Extracts
    2nd Place - CLOUD PENZ
    3rd Place - Nexus Glass

Best Products

1st Place - CLOUD PENZ by COULD PENZ
    2nd Place - Oil Slick by Oil Slick
    3rd Place - Cloud V by Cloud V
    http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2014/06/here_are_the_winners_from_this.php

I looked up pics of those cloud v and penz... they are just dabbler/dr dabber's!

And what's funny is I haven't touched my vape pens anyway since getting the VXN for the evo; who knew a home vape could give such a long lasting high as to replace portables?! :lol:

18. Ricchini

Ricchini Well-Known Member

Anybody have any experience using an EVO with a power inverter? I remember this was discussed a while back, I have been searching but can't find a great answer.

I remember someone saying that it could be done, but you would need a specific power inverter. I have run my Da Buddah off an inverter in my vehicle, but I needed to leave the car running, obviously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

19. Muggle_Crusty Butt

Muggle_Crusty Butt Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. Needed a replacement since I broke my shower cap yesterday. :(. I also bought the long mouth piece to pair with the hydrofoot.

macbill likes this.
  20. Sinclue

Sinclue OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

The original Cloud was not supposed to be run with an inverter. Earlier discussion here (including SM55's input) indicated that the EVO could be run from an inverter. However, I would recommend that you use a Sinewave converter which is designed to provide a constant, non-fluctuaing, current. It is what is recommended for use with electronics (computers, etc). More expensive, but then so is the EVO.

I'm sure there are many with more extensive electrical knowledge here who will either correct or elaborate what I said, but you could also just contact VXL directly...I understand they have instituted a "chat" system, or perhaps an email or even a support ticket question.

~

Ricchini, Enchantre, t-dub and 4 others like this.
  21. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

The official total of 76 new EVO owners on the MassDrop .
    And I invited them ALL to FC for additional Merriment .

Happy Canada Day

JCat, lost nebula, 421 and 4 others like this.
  22. Mister G

Mister G Council Elder

Eek. We need a set of links to newbie tutorial posts. Happy Canada Day from the states!

lost nebula, macbill and poonman like this.
  23. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

no weed? No problem!!! At least not for the EVO!!

421, Quetzalcoatl and poonman like this.
  24. Deadshort480

Deadshort480 I got a fever! The only cure is more glass, baby!

Hit me up. I've got a brand new 18mm Ti adjustable, dome, and adapter for ya. Just need to know where to ship it.

25. pootsforjesus

pootsforjesus Active Member

I've had similar issues, specifically the unit getting extremely hot and the bamboo becoming cherry red. I pretty much use it at 2pm religiously, but it keeps on trucking so I haven't contacted Seibo and VXL just yet (mainly because I have serial #02 and I was worried that I would lose that bit of admittedly useless cred :p).

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors