• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapes that require no stirring

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Vapes I used that:

Don't require stirring: Volcano, EVO, Solo, Air, modded EQ (VXL ELB in elbow joint), maybe iolite (haven't used for ages)

Do require stirring: MFLB, E-Nano, original EQ

toked23

Pax2... never had to stir

Pax3, I stir, but I'm wondering if it's just a habit I've gotten into because of my firefly2

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
DO require stirring: MFLB, E-Nano, original EQ
I'm glad you added that part. Might as well make it a part of my original question. I'll add Aromed and Silver Surfer to the list of vapes that most definitely do require stirring.

I was wondering about MFLB. I don't know much about it, but I figured it would be tough to get even heat in it.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You shoudn't exactly stir the MFLB, that could break the fine screen. But it needs some alternative of it the most of any vape.
I shake it after evey hit to rearrange the bowl and in the middle of a session open it and crumble the dry pieces finer in between fingers.

Also I belive the same technique as for EQ could be used for e-nano or other convection vapes - taking the bowl a little further from the heater and meshing it completely in a VXL ELB can help the even baking so it doesn't reqire stirring anymore.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
TLDR version - No vapes, or virtually all vapes, are no stir. How much of your actives do you want to dump as ABV?

I've seen more than a few vapes mentioned here as not needing stirring, but I know can give another hit or two if you do. FWIW, I'm a cheap ass that tries to get the most from every nug I can - even if that isn't always going to dark coffee brown ABV. I also save my ABV for other stuff when at home, so am getting those actives one way or another, stirring or not.

A good example would be the VapCap. You don't have to stir it. Often when I'm out and about I'll dump when the vapor stops and reload. However, after what is probably hundreds of times, I find that a dump, stir, reload will ALWAYS produce at least one more worthwhile hit. Easy enough to do... I just dump the load into the cap using the little stirrer on it, cover with a finger, give a quick shake, and suck it back up while sliding the cap back on. The only relevant condition here is that I keep my screens at full depth. Could be a little different with shallower loads - but IMO that would just mean less wasted actives.

Have found the same to be true with many of the vapes listed here - even the mighty Volcano. From what I've seen, a stir when things start slowing down will get you another half bag.

Same sort of, but the other direction, with a nano. I stir after 2 - 3 hits, no matter the size of the load I have in, and try to squeeze at least one more hit out of it. Sometimes, on smaller loads, no joy after the stir. So, am assuming that stir and next hit wasn't really worth it, because there wasn't enough left in the load to create worthwhile vapor. Other times, when sitting back and casually vaping with a larger load, a stir after every couple hits can take me to 6 or more decent ones on the same load.

One that really puzzled me above is the need to stir an EQ. I haven't fired mine up in almost a year, but IIRC the load is constantly swirling in the chamber as you hit (if not filling bags on highest fan speed or drawing too hard). It is the only one I see here that I would say qualifies as no stir, but that's only because it is constantly stirring (swirling if you prefer) while you hit it by design. Using an elbow pack or pulling too hard (and sucking the load up into the elbow screen) will of course require stirring or a dump and reload. A well done quick, short blow into the tube will knock it back down, but probably not best for your EQ because of possibility of getting finer material down into heater area. But whatever, it works.

Much also dependent on strain, temps used and technique. But, if you're not stirring ANY conduction or partial conduction vape, you're probably dumping actives out with your ABV. Even more the case with any purely convection vape unless you are loading very shallow loads. AFIK there is no vape that evenly heats the whole load in any type of chamber, so there will always be bits that have been "vaped" more and bits that have been "vaped" less, unless the load is actually swirling around and stirring itself. I don't see how you can get all of the same actives from the areas of the load that have been vaped less without a shake or stir.

Or, am I missing something here? :shrug:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
TLDR version - No vapes, or virtually all vapes, are no stir. How much of your actives do you want to dump as ABV?
I've seen more than a few vapes mentioned here as not needing stirring, but I know can give another hit or two if you do...
Well, if a vape needs stirring is on spectrum (and also depends on load size and chamber design), my line of differentiation is that if it stops hitting and you get significant hit after a stir then it needs stirring.
For example, when my EVO stops putting out vapor and I stir it, then I maybe get another tiny wispy hit, but its so small I couldn't even possibly feel it (unless its overloaded). So I count that as a no-stir needed.
Of course stirring any vape can also help you finish it faster.

...One that really puzzled me above is the need to stir an EQ. I haven't fired mine up in almost a year, but IIRC the load is constantly swirling in the chamber as you hit...
The cyclone bowl is advertised to do this, but I've never seen it actually do this (and I've had 3 of them).In my experience, if you load it full, it doesn't move at all and if you fill les, it will just all blow to the sides as you start hitting and stay there out of the airflow, not getting evenyl vaped and letting through a lot of hot air wihtout utilizing it. IMO it doesn't do a very good job at self-mixing.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Well, if a vape needs stirring is on spectrum (and also depends on load size and chamber design), my line of differentiation is that if it stops hitting and you get significant hit after a stir then it needs stirring.
For example, when my EVO stops putting out vapor and I stir it, then I maybe get another tiny wispy hit, but its so small I couldn't even possibly feel it (unless its overloaded). So I count that as a no-stir needed.
Of course stirring any vape can also help you finish it faster.

OK. So we're looking at less-stir vapes as opposed to no-stir vapes, then. Correct? Because other variables (moisture content of load, for instance) are going to require stirring, even in the EVO, right?

... The cyclone bowl is advertised to do this, but I've never seen it actually do this (and I've had 3 of them).In my experience, if you load it full, it doesn't move at all and if you fill les, it will just all blow to the sides as you start hitting and stay there out of the airflow, not getting evenyl vaped and letting through a lot of hot air wihtout utilizing it. IMO it doesn't do a very good job at self-mixing.

The cyclone bowl WILL do that, especially if hooked up to a bubb and you draw slowly. It isn't necessarily an easy technique, but with 3 years daily use on mine I saw it plenty. As with many other vapes (I'd say all), it doesn't take much to get vapor, but it can take quite a bit of practice to get good technique. Not sure how well they do these days, but if you fill bags with it at first fan setting it will also "cyclone" as it should. And, while those bags will take longer to fill I always found the vapor to be much thicker and more rewarding than bags filled at higher fan speeds. Whether you're able to make it cyclone or not, we're still in a position that if the vape isn't stirring for you, you have to stir to get all the actives, correct?

Or, you could over-vape the part of the load that is getting the most heat in order to transfer the heat to the rest of the load instead of stirring, I suppose. I've only had the chance to try an EVO a couple times, but this was the impression it left me with. Intense heat can pull all of the actives without stirring, but at that point you're tasting popcorn from the other parts of the load, right?

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
IME stirring is needed by all devices I own using mainly convection like
-Enano
-Hi
-Sticky bricks

But it is useless with radiation/conduction ones like
-vapcap
-vapman
-air and solo

love convection but FUCK STIRRING

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It depends like @flotntoke says on the moisture content of your bud. I usually stir my Enano half way through my session, which would be maybe 5 min in, my session is about ten min. I'm more of a sipper.
My Woodscents also a log vape doesn't need a stir unless the moisture content is high in the product I'm vaping. It uses less bud in the stem and my session is about 8 min, then the material is spent.

I use a shorty stem with my Solo, so I don't need to stir because it uses less material. If I use the regular stem I usually get two sessions with a stem. I just stir before I start the next session. I usually leave the bud in the stem for later use. I like using the shorty stem. You can buy them through @PlanetVape its part of the PVHES line of stems for the Solos and the Air.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
IME stirring is needed by all devices I own using mainly convection like
-Enano
-Hi
-Sticky bricks

But it is useless with radiation/conduction ones like
-vapcap
-vapman
-air and solo

love convection but FUCK STIRRING

VapMan is definitely one that can go without stirring. I do give it a few shakes while I'm using it if just flower, though.

Seriously, try a dump, stir, reload with your VCs. I usually do after 3 heats, sometimes after 4, but always provides a least thick hit or two after no/little vapor.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I don't want to change the rules here, but I do want to clarify some things I guess I didn't think about hard enough when I started this thread.
  • I guess what I mean by "requires stirring" is that partially-cooked herbs indicate noticeably uneven heating (some green and some brown at the same time). Yes, the Volcano may produce a tiny bit more vapor at the very end if stirred, but that is essentially insignificant. Volcano herbs are always a very consistent color when dumped. Which to me indicates very even heating. (Just like a pizza whose crust is the same color at every spot, versus a pizza crust that's darker on one side.)
  • So I guess what I'm really looking for may also be defined as vapes that produce a nice, even, milk-chocolatey brown ABV. Every time I use the Volcano, it produces even, chocolatey brown ABV, without stirring. As does the Herbalizer. As does the Mighty.
  • I would prefer that y'all only list vapes that do this every time, in every condition. Yes, the Underdog does this with the skinny-tipped stems. But with the wider-tipped glass stems, my UD heats unevenly, ending up with dark ABV in the center and uncooked herbs near the stem "walls." Which, to me, does not fit the definition of "doesn't require stirring."
  • I'd rather not count "cyclone bowls" or any bowl that allows herbs to fly around, as I consider flying herbs a sign of inefficient heating/vaping. I have not concluded that it most definitely is a sign of inefficient heating, but I lean that way.
I almost always vape at max temp, or at least finish at max temp. Since I don't even bother to look at ABV until I've dumped it, I don't know how the ABV looks in vapes I consider even heaters before it's clearly time to dump herbs.

I think there are some other things I wanted to list here, but they are not coming to me right now.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
The best no stir vapes I've used are Supreme v3 whole nugs no stir. Vap3 whole nugs no stir. Errlectric herb nail grind self stirring.

Vapcap & Vapman and Solo can go either way.

Underdog & Enano depends on load size.
Devine trbe v2 dry herb cart grind no stir.
The Storm I think most decent conduction vapes dont need stirring.
Jmo

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
VapMan is definitely one that can go without stirring. I do give it a few shakes while I'm using it if just flower, though.

Seriously, try a dump, stir, reload with your VCs. I usually do after 3 heats, sometimes after 4, but always provides a least thick hit or two after no/little vapor.

I like your conservative way but I have some restraint to make green dust by stirring in a device so short. I imagine this would create a lot of solid reclaim quite fast and you would be eating some, unless you use hemp fiber?

This is why I hate stirring

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I hate stirring too. I just got a Solo2 and find that if I use a light load of .1 gram or less that there is no need to stir. I even did a load of .14 without stirring.

I think this is because you have such a small load in such a large chamber. Instead of stirring, your material is probably swirling around as you hit it. Not sure with Solo2, but this would happen with original Solo.

I'm not really a fan of stirring either, and seems like there ARE at least a few that don't require it for full extraction (depending on how you load and other factors). But, also not really a big fan of buying material (black market, anyway), not really a fan of having to deal with butane jets, batteries or cords, or loading and dumping either - but all part of the process. I just look at stirring as another part of the process - and not really my least favorite. :)

flotntoke,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I don't want to change the rules here, but I do want to clarify some things I guess I didn't think about hard enough when I started this thread.
  • I guess what I mean by "requires stirring" is that partially-cooked herbs indicate noticeably uneven heating (some green and some brown at the same time). Yes, the Volcano may produce a tiny bit more vapor at the very end if stirred, but that is essentially insignificant. Volcano herbs are always a very consistent color when dumped. Which to me indicates very even heating. (Just like a pizza whose crust is the same color at every spot, versus a pizza crust that's darker on one side.)
  • So I guess what I'm really looking for may also be defined as vapes that produce a nice, even, milk-chocolatey brown ABV. Every time I use the Volcano, it produces even, chocolatey brown ABV, without stirring. As does the Herbalizer. As does the Mighty.
  • I would prefer that y'all only list vapes that do this every time, in every condition. Yes, the Underdog does this with the skinny-tipped stems. But with the wider-tipped glass stems, my UD heats unevenly, ending up with dark ABV in the center and uncooked herbs near the stem "walls." Which, to me, does not fit the definition of "doesn't require stirring."
  • I'd rather not count "cyclone bowls" or any bowl that allows herbs to fly around, as I consider flying herbs a sign of inefficient heating/vaping. I have not concluded that it most definitely is a sign of inefficient heating, but I lean that way.
I almost always vape at max temp, or at least finish at max temp. Since I don't even bother to look at ABV until I've dumped it, I don't know how the ABV looks in vapes I consider even heaters before it's clearly time to dump herbs.

I think there are some other things I wanted to list here, but they are not coming to me right now.

Was gonna say Mighty but didn't see you said that...CFX, PAX, Herbalaire, Hot underdogs with small loads, about all I can think of that I use no stirring. I don't stir my MvT or Milaana but I could definitely get another hit if I bothered to do it.

CFX is pretty cool. Simple interface and all that too, albeit you may have issues getting stock screen off mouthpiece, especially if it's gunked up (idk your hand dexterity just something to keep in mind)

Taz4101

Stirring is my nemesis. To me any vape that needs stirred is a sign of uneven heating and a poor design. That said any decent conduction unit shouldn't require stirring. The only other ones I know of with convection are the volcano, mighty, crafty, plenty, herbalizer, cloud evo and vivant alternate.

little maggie

I'm not sure that the number of "votes" matters so much other than as a sign of popularity. The Haze 3 has already been mentioned. I don't even think that it's stirrable. It would be a pain to open and try to stir one of those little containers.
I'm mainly micro dosing with on-demand vapes like the milaana, tubo, mvt or some of the logs I own. No need to stir most of those but especially not when microdosing.

Top Bottom