Vapes shipped to the uk? Views on the hotbox?

ledzepploid

After looking through the top 3 vapes thread, it seems the purple days vape features prominently.

Unfortunately:

"2/25/2010
Due to issues with power supplies and warranty coverage, we're no longer able to ship the Purple Days outside of North America."

I checked out MyrtleZap but they only post to US addresses. With shipping the Da Buddha is 153 ($230 usd). $43 of that is shipping, and its also currently on back order.

The vripmaster which I have seen mentioned here is $204 delivered ($34 delivery cost...yet its like a large pen!). Unfortunately I only have a $15 bong and looking at the website with its array of bowls, add ons and bongs, I imagine I would have to fork out more than just the price of the unit to use it effectively.

I already own the vapostar, I thought I was doing ok with it until one night I used the same bong I used with the vapostar on its own. The hit I got from my cheap bong alone far outweighed what I got after several hits on the vapostar. It seems I just cant get the hang of it :uhoh:

So what else? What's peoples views on the hot box? I can get that with delivery for 113 ($170 usd). Only $20 of that is shipping, so I feel like I would get a bit more vape for my money as opposed to forking out twice as much on shipping on a dbv.

ledzepploid,

StickyShisha2

I didn't find the temp to be very stable on the hot box. IMO, the hot box is a step below the easy vape, which you can get for $100 usd.

StickyShisha2,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
StickyShisha said:
I didn't find the temp to be very stable on the hot box. IMO, the hot box is a step below the easy vape, which you can get for $100 usd.
Hey led try the vapor brothers I highly recommend it and I would check out vaporwarehouse.com they do international shipping.

rbrown13,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
I forgot to mention don't go with the easy vape my friend has one and it is not very stable with heat retention and it's an all plastic housing.

rbrown13,

ledzepploid

Cheers for the suggestions.

Is the easy vape a cheap copy of the vapour brothers? They look pretty similar.

rbrown, can you please elaborate on the heat retention issue you have noticed with the easy vape. Does the temperature drop after a while and you have to turn it off and on again or something?

The vapour brothers international version would cost me 137 ($197) in total for the 220v version. Is hands free which I like the sound of, especially if I am drunk or already stoned or both.

However... the easy vape comes with a digital display (useful I assume?) and would cost me only 50 ($75) delivered!

I would have to buy a voltage converter to step it up from 110v to 220v, which is only around $7 mind. Still I would have a doubt at the back of my mind that it might not work as I'm not sure on the wattage required for a vape.

I'm not too fussed about the plastic housing the easy vape has, as long as it is healthy and does the job then its fine by me.

ledzepploid,

ledzepploid

After reading a lot of reviews I've decided not to opt for the cheap option from china. I've read good/bad/ok reviews of the easy vape (and one really bad one citing health issues with burning foam and air being drawn over circuit boards). I've not read one bad review of the Vapour brothers.

Cheers for the suggestion rbrown, Vapour Brothers hands free international version from vapour warehouse it is then. I shall order tomorrow :D

I've seen some photos of people using their vapes with bongs. Is it worth doing? I thought vapour was supposed to be smooth enough as it is.

ledzepploid,

StickyShisha2

ledzepploid said:
I've seen some photos of people using their vapes with bongs.
Is it worth doing?
I thought vapour was supposed to be smooth enough as it is.
i took off the mouth end of the whip hose and replaced it with a 'glass on glass' adapter to fit my bubbler.
I find that it cools the vapor, allowing for larger and deeper hits.

IMO, a smaller bubbler is better for this than a big bong.

StickyShisha2,

HazyDayz

ledzepploid, have you considered the PD Pandora kit? They ship this overseas and it doesn't look too dificult to build....

HazyDayz,

max

Out to lunch
The Vapolution, from Everyonedoesit.com, is a great deal for UK buyers. They actually have it for less than most US dealers. With the optional AIW bowl, you have an all glass vapor path, good reliability, and 12V operation for easier portable operation. It doesn't use a screen. A dimple in the bowl serves that purpose. You load pieces (slightly smaller than the bowl diameter), not ground herb, to avoid sucking herb past the dimple. It's a nice vape in this price range, considering the UK price and limited selection. I used one for a couple of years and was very pleased with it.

max,

ledzepploid

Cheers for the suggestion max, but after much reading I decided to go for the vapour brothers. It's only just in the post now though because my car crapped out last month :/.

HazyDayz, I checked out that PD kit and decided there was more chance of it getting me pissed off than high, putting together a flat pack cabinet was bad enough for me (it's actually got a small hole in the back from when I kicked it).

I also went for the H2O Adapter as suggested by StickyShisha. I'll just use my cheap glass bong with it for now.

I got the international hands free version vapour brothers, however I never upgraded to a easy change whip because for some reason I had it in my head that it was only for the regular vapour brothers. That mistake going to come back to haunt me?

I had given up with the vaporstar since I started this thread and went back to combustion. And it's really kicked my arse - my lungs really do hate me for it. Noticed a massive drop in performance in running/cycling/climbing stairs/walking/sitting up in bed. This new set up has cost me 150 - which is a fortune for me, but I told myself whilst I was clicking the pay button that can't put a price on your health, which made it a little easier :).

ledzepploid,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Second that vapor brothers. Its a awesome vape. I also really reccomend using it with ur bong. Awesome experience..

wowthisisrandom,

max

Out to lunch
rbrown13 said:
I forgot to mention don't go with the easy vape my friend has one and it is not very stable with heat retention and it's an all plastic housing.
The Easy Vape is a good bet only if you're gonna go with a cheap eBay unit for around $60. As for the housing, there's virtually no heat issue there so plastic is as safe and functional as any other material.

ledzepploid said:
I had given up with the vaporstar since I started this thread and went back to combustion. And it's really kicked my arse - my lungs really do hate me for it. Noticed a massive drop in performance in running/cycling/climbing stairs/walking/sitting up in bed. This new set up has cost me 150 - which is a fortune for me, but I told myself whilst I was clicking the pay button that can't put a price on your health, which made it a little easier .
Sounds like you're a good candidate for vapor. I don't think you'll regret spending the money.

max,

Beezleb

Ledzepploid, I am sure you will more than happy with your choice. More than a few people I know have vapor bros and they love it.

Beezleb,

ledzepploid

Reasuring to know that Beezleb, seems to get a great write up here.

max said:
Sounds like you're a good candidate for vapor. I don't think you'll regret spending the money.
I hope thats the case max, though at the moment it's looking like a sound investment :)

"Your item left the United States from ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 4:09 AM" :brow:

ledzepploid,

ledzepploid

Word of warning to anybody from the UK getting a vape shipped in. Anything over 80 in value gets hit with a customs charge, in my case it was a 32 charge ($47 USD). So total cost of shipping is 49 ($72 USD).

Save yourself the month wait and silly delivery charge and just get the the Vapolution, from Everyonedoesit.com as Max mentioned.

ledzepploid,

max

Out to lunch
Glad you're happy with it. The high customs charge just means it'll take a little longer for the vape to pay for itself in herb savings. ;)

max,
Top Bottom