1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by vtac, Oct 24, 2008.

1. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

Could you show us the type of capsules you use?

2. rogrog

rogrog Well-Known Member

empty vegetable capsules on amazon. either 0 or 00 size.

3. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Active Member

Do you mean the gel capsules? What's the point? why not just dispose? I have used them in the past, but if filled with fresh herb, they will smell, less so (but still) with already vaped material (great for making a quick edible with a gel capsule).

4. Andorinter

Andorinter Active Member

5. litrhino

litrhino New Member

I know on Canada-Wide flights marijuana is A-Okay, so whether you have to clean your vape or not it doesn't matter. No issues with anything, unless you have a full suitcase full, then maybe. ;)

"CASTA, the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority are saying that starting next week, it will be possible to bring weed with you on an airplane when arriving to Canada, without having to worry about getting arrested." and "The change only goes into effect October 1st 2017".

Source: https://www.mtlblog.com/whats-happening/you-can-bring-marijuana-with-you-on-airplanes-in-canada

With that being said, US Customs & Border Patrol don't care if the vape has been used with marijuana or not, as long as they suspect or are in a bad mood they can definitely seize your vape.

-This most likely doesn't apply to US domestic flights/domestic shipments, but I am not sure.

A Reddit user from Canada shipped out a grasshoppervape to the US for warranty repair and it got seized.
    The individual may have labeled the package as a "dry herb vaporizer", which is why it got seized, but this is just speculation. Better to label it as aromatherapy, or essential oils diffuser.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/5uhyg8/warranty_return_seized_at_border/

Vapor4me, grampa_herb, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  6. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Active Member

I recently travelled within the EU with a Mighty and an Alfa, in my carry on, without any problem.

They where cleaned each time before boarding.

7. rogrog

rogrog Well-Known Member

no. the glass capsules for the firewood 4

8. gunmetalshark

gunmetalshark Well-Known Member

I´ve been to Bora Bora, Seychells, LA, Netherlands, Spain etc. and took my Mighty everywhere with me,
    during flights always in hand luggage and NEVER had a problem...its clean on the flight to my holiday destination and pretty gummed up on the way home...never cared for cleaning lol :)
    Going to Curacau in a few days and guess who´s coming with me :D :D :D

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  9. gunmetalshark

gunmetalshark Well-Known Member

So i am now here at curacao and no Problems with my Mighty & puffco+ In hand luggage as usual...dont worry too much... :)

10. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I'd be more worried about the return, well at least if you are returning to the States

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors