Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

stinkytofus

Anyone here tried:

1. Taking bud with them on domestic or international flights inside an airtight puck/container ?

2. Taking weed e-juice in a bottle or cartridge on domestic or international flights ?

Any luck or best not to

stinkytofus,

TwistedGray

Anyone here tried:

1. Taking bud with them on domestic or international flights inside an airtight puck/container ?

2. Taking weed e-juice in a bottle or cartridge on domestic or international flights ?

Any luck or best not to

I have taken:
bud
disposable oil pen
edibles

The only thing I concealed was the bud as no need for the other two.

TwistedGray,

TwistedGray

@stinkytofus, not when they're looking for residue that is used to manufacture explosives. And don't have a bag of edibles...have a bag of edibles mixed with similar candies.

ie: If I am taking chocoloate bars I'll break them down into individual doses and them toss them in with like chocoloate (but different enough that I can tell them apart).

TwistedGray,

stinkytofus

@stinkytofus, not when they're looking for residue that is used to manufacture explosives. And don't have a bag of edibles...have a bag of edibles mixed with similar candies.

ie: If I am taking chocoloate bars I'll break them down into individual doses and them toss them in with like chocoloate (but different enough that I can tell them apart).
What about buds, u put in pucks or something like jyarz containers ?

stinkytofus,

TwistedGray

What about buds, u put in pucks or something like jyarz containers ?

I grind it up and put into an empty pen, but I've also flower with it in just a regular ole' bag without any issue, too. I like the pen idea though because no one in the right mind is going to look there unless I have a who suitcase full of pens.

TwistedGray,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Anyone here tried:

Any luck or best not to

I think bringing infused e juice is relatively harmless, DEPENDING ON WHERE YOURE GOING. The same with pre filled carts.

I think traveling on any flight with flower is a pretty bad idea. I wouldn't really worry about dogs, way more likely to get busted on the X-ray IMO.

I grind it up and put into an empty pen, but I've also flower with it in just a regular ole' bag without any issue, too. I like the pen idea though because no one in the right mind is going to look there unless I have a who suitcase full of pens.

Im not saying you can't get away with this, but if you understand how X-RAY works I think you'll see it's a pretty bad idea. The pen filled with flower will glow bright orange next to all the regular pens. A dead giveaway you are hiding something. The candy thing works cause you're not hiding anything where it's not supposed to be. I wouldn't bring anything you can't hide in plain sight. Concentrates travel much better for this reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
invertedisdead,

TwistedGray

Im not saying you can't get away with this, but if you understand how X-RAY works I think you'll see it's a pretty bad idea. The pen filled with flower will glow bright orange next to all the regular pens.

Good point, and yeah I might as well just leave it in a bag then, but probably not the smartest idea either. I might just stick to the prefilled cartridges, lot safer.

TwistedGray,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Good point, and yeah I might as well just leave it in a bag then, but probably not the smartest idea either. I might just stick to the prefilled cartridges, lot safer.

Some guy told me he brings 20 pre filled carts to Mexico at a time lol. Now that's pushing it I think but just goes to show. I think the infused e juice is the safest though. Just remember to bring your mod and battery in the carry on, they don't want batteries checked and I wouldn't want my bag searched for something dumb like that.

IDK, the last time I flew my buddy put his Bic in the X-ray tub and still got through, I was pretty surprised about that. It's random as fuck going through airports. To be honest, the Xray workers kind of remind me of the guy that marks off your receipt at Costco. He's doing his job and paying attention, but I'm not necessarily convinced he is super focused and looking at the screen with complete scrutiny. At least domestically. You never know who you're gonna get though.

invertedisdead,

TwistedGray

...I wouldn't want my bag searched for something dumb like that...

My bags are always searched by the TSA due to the line of work I'm in and what's generally in my checked luggage, which is why I went the pen route. They usually just riffle through my stuff, and leave me a thank you card. With that said, I think I'll start playing it a bit safer and stick to the disposable pens when traveling.

hippy tribe

I travel domestic through tsa with my personal stash, i stuff multiple bho grams cloaked in cosmetics, never had an issue, i dont even try to hide my dab pen, silicone jars, atomizers and tools.. works great on cruise ships too, i love hot boxing those little rooms with thick vapor.

hippy tribe,

tsp247

Anyone here tried:

Any luck or best not to

Where are you heading?

tsp247,

waxdab23

Asian countries, china and taiwan

In that case, all the comments above yours in response to your question are irrelevant. They are all talking about domestic flights. As @invertedisdead suggested, you best research this topic and you'll soon learn it is a bad idea.

Sucks though. I haven't needed to cross that bridge yet, but man if/when I ever travel out of the country, the herb situation is gonna be one hell of a fuckin predicament.

TwistedGray

I still think the disposables are the right way to go to avoid detection and given the smoking rate (cigarette) in Asian countries I think you can sneak the disposable around without concern. Then again, it's your ass...not mine.

TwistedGray,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Asian countries, china and Taiwan
When I landed in Taipei, this is one of the first things I saw. The Chinese, as well as many other Asian countries, do not have a sense of humor about this shit.

CKS_Airport_drugs_sign.JPG

TwistedGray

Is personal use considered trafficking? General curiosity ... potatoe or potato ... either way, probably not good.

TwistedGray,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Is personal use considered trafficking?
In Thailand just having THC in your blood constitutes possession. Maybe they have some kind of sliding scale, but I doubt it, and would never risk my neck trying to figure it out. When in a foreign country you are at their mercy. Philippines was probably one of the most corrupt places I have ever visited. I had to pay to leave.

Baron23

In Thailand just having THC in your blood constitutes possession. Maybe they have some kind of sliding scale, but I doubt it, and would never risk my neck trying to figure it out. When in a foreign country you are at their mercy. Philippines was probably one of the most corrupt places I have ever visited. I had to pay to leave.
Spent 3 years in the Philippines in the USAF at Clark AFB. Flew a two ship into Kedena AFB on Okinawa. As soon as we landed we were surrounded in the de-arm area by cops, USAF and local. Apparently one of our crew chiefs decided it was worthwhile to wrap a lot of MJ in fuel tank sealant and pack it under every inspection panel on the a/c.

Nobody heard anything from him again....he may still be in jail for all I know.

My advise is to watch Midnight Express if you are thinking about taking any drugs into an Asian country.

TwistedGray

Which sucks because we'll be there in a few months...sucks more because of how easy it is to find along with other interesting edibles (read: mushrooms).

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well, they kicked the US military out and our presence there is not appreciated like it used to be. Their new president is going to start making deals with China. He also likes to execute drug criminals, including users. He is becoming notorious for summary executions on site, no trial, no judge, no jury. Also, when I was there because of my race I had to be constantly protected. I was a kidnap target because they think if you are white you are rich. I couldn't even be in view when taxi prices were being negotiated or else the price was 3 to 5 times higher. It was unnerving to turn around a catch people staring at me, all the time. The cops are not your friends there. Get involved with them and it will cost you, and probably your family, a lot to negotiate your release. Also, stay away from lit windows at night. You might think that they are all popping firecrackers at night in Manila, but they aren't, those are gunshots.

No thanks. Not for me. I paid my exit tax, which they tried a little scam to make me pay it twice, and left but couldn't relax until I felt the wheels of the jet leave the tarmac.

Last edited:
Top Bottom