Vaped dry herb taste

Quasi

I'm curious, what does vaping dry herb taste like?

I have never been a smoker of anything, I gave been around smokers at times. I love the smell of weed and can smell differences in strains.

I started vaping to deal with depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia after being on depression meds for a year that had too many side effects

I went with a dry herb vape since there is more variety in strains in dry herb where I am at but so far everything tastes bad and I don't understand if it is me or if I'm doing something wrong or what.

I did burn off when I got my vape and bought a space case 2pc grinder based on grinder reviews for conduction Vapes. I have bought from fifferedi dispensaries and from different growers and experimented with the full temp range of my vape.

So far nothing seems to be helping no matter what it is it all tastes like sucking on a dried out warm stick I found on the ground. I get the effects, the ABV is fairly uniformity brown with different shades based on the temp.

It's been about two weeks and I'm ready to give up on dry herb since I do to have the money to risk on another dry herb vape.

I have a friend that smokes and has smoked from the same stuff I have and has tried my vape, they said the vape tastes bad compared to smoking so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Anyone have any tips or advice or anything ideas for me or maybe dry herb vaping is just not going to work for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quasi

Buying from local dispensaries, I'm in northern California and it is all local stuff even $15 a gram Durban Poison had no real flavor at all but out of the grinder smelled strong enough to almost make my eyes water.

hinglemccringleberry

Maybe the problem is your vape, you should try a variety of vapes to see if you get the same result. Try a Volcano for instance. I heard that the Miqro doesn't have as good of flavor as the IQ.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

DaVinci Miqro
I was out in Santa Rosa last month--you could have tried a couple of my vapes.
I have used a Davinci IQ and the micro is even smaller. IMO, these very compact
vapes are great in their niche---where super stealth is needed, but their vapor quality
does not compare with some bigger portables. Same issue with Pax size and vapor.

Quality CA dispensary bud (Super Lemon Haze for example) should be giving you a
solid lemony nice flavor at low to mid temps.
What temp are you using?
Those small vapes seem to really give a "burnt popcorn taste" at higher temps.

The top tier vapes typically give a very nice true flavor at low/mid temps and at
high temps a "meh/blah/so-so" flavor but not into "yuck".

Any cannabis buddies that you know---ask to try their vapes and see what they are like?
good luck

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Kinda late to the party but have you tried a real loose coarse pack.
You should be tasting the full range of terpenes citrus,spice pine etc.

hans solo,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
I am only familiar with Ascent, and tried IQ, but not his one.
The taste is soft and tastes healthy, I could also describe it's fresh and kinda minty.
To get the best taste and really good quality vape, you should consider convection chamber/air heating ones or conduction heating with ceramic chamber.
But from my experience, people who are accustomed to smoking don't like vaping, even tho the effect is the same or even better.
There is a joke in the new South Park episode, where they call vapes "pussy sticks" haha.
But as a cigarette smoker, I prefer the soft vaping experience better than bongs or blunts.

breakingbad,
Reactions: LeftBased

EverythingsHazy

1. Your vape may have something in it that is contributing to the flavor which would be bad. I have no experience with that specific model, though, so I can't help you there.

2. Uncured herb often tastes very grassy. Try curing some dispensary bud for a month or two. A lot of places don't properly cure their bud because they ant to rush the product onto the shelves. It's like selling wine that has barely been allowed to sit in barrels, and expecting it to taste like the good stuff.

3. The last few hits of any bud will start to taste like "burned popcorn", if you are vaping it at >365F.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: LeftBased

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I agreewith @lookhigh. I personally vape the same material twice: once at 380 for the lower temp stuff- flavinoids, etc, and again at 405 or so for the rest.
My personal sweet spot is 338F and when it starts to taste toasty it gets chucked in the abv bucket.
I get optimum effects at that temperature the solo ll seems to be very effective at low heat.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I agree that 338F is a sweet spot with both my Crafty and Solo 2. Very tasty vapor!

I use the centigrade scale and start at 170c and with the Crafty have boost mode set to !85C which is 365F.

With the Solo 2 after each few draws I move up 5C which is 9F. Depending on the herb strain I sometimes go up to 195C which is 383F.

I save my ABV and grind it fine, stir into almond butter, and spread on toast or waffle. Waste not, want not.

Little Bill

Top Bottom