Vapecakes!

tjw84

I've been collecting my vaped remains for a good while now and cooking with them. I usually make butter, but decided to go with olive oil for this recipe.

Usually when I go to the medicine man, I get my herbs in these 4"x6" baggies, sold as jewelry bags. I had two of these completely PACKED with vaped herb. One baggie, I completely powdered by hand through the screens on my grinder. This hurt like hell, but reduced a lot of space and i think made for more potent oil.
Anyways, after powdering one bag, it came out to 1/3 cup of powder. I put this in a crock pot along with the other fully loaded bag, breaking it down between my hands during scoops. I poured enough olive oil in to cover the herbs, and set it on low heat, which got the oil hot, but not bubbling or anything. I let this sit for six hours, stirring occasionally, then for another 2 hours the next day, stirring occasionally.

Unfortunately I didn't plan out my straining process too well this time around and lost a small amount of oil. After straining I ended up with a little over half a cup of oil.

I had read that you can substitute butter with oil, but couldn't find anything at the store that took the right amount of butter, and I was tired of brownies from thanksgiving, so I decided I would make cupcakes.

I found a box of devil's food cake mix with all the right specifications and bought it.

I got a bunch of small heart shaped tin muffin holder things to cook them in, and actually came out with TWENTY CUPCAKES.

I ate three this morning and was simply joyful for most of the day. Not as potent as fresh buds, but close.

they also seem to taste better than brownies :2c: . Also, couldn't taste the vaped stuff at all really until later in the day when you burp.

I think I ended up using around 2 ounces, maybe 2.5 of vaped total. I would recommend this for gatherings and such events, or if you're a chocolate fiend, you'll have enough to be high everyday for about a week.

Sorry for the long rambling post, but I had to share this (I've had only a few successful edible attempts, this being my second besides putting butter on toast haha). Plus I've been hitting the extreme. I tend to ramble when medicated.

tjw84,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Thanks for sharing tjw84. Sounds like a cool alternative to using butter. Crock pots have so many uses :D

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom