Vape virgin need help!!

Amontantes04

Ive been searching google and it seems I can't find the answers I'm looking for, or maybe I just don't understand. I was hoping I could find help here. I recently bought a dry herb vape pen from groupon and came to realize it's not vape at all... It's essentially oney/onie? (How the eff do you spell that?) I learned my pen was what they call a combustible pen.. Which equals ash and no vape. Also this pen sucked and I learned my lesson to never buy shit that you know nothing about. Anyway, my bf and I have kids and the whole idea of getting a vaporizing pen was to take the intense burning smell out of smoking in the home among other reasons too. So my question is, is there such a pen that somehow vapes dry herb, that's actually vape and not combust?Or is weed vaping exclusively for oils? What am I looking for? Does it exist? Am I just retarded? I don't know. But any help would be greatly appreciated! Also if there is such a thing, any recommendations for a pen would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

hoptimum

are you limiting yourself to the "pen" form factor? There are quite a few other options available, including plug-ins, if portability is not a necessity

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, if you're married to the pen form factor then your choices are slim and none. The only one I can recommend is the iMag. It's $100 and truly vapes in a Sharpie form factor. I don't think a whole lot of the vapor quality, but it gets the job done and is worth the money.

If you can move away from the pen idea, there are some fantastic options such as the Solo, Air and Lotus to get you started.

stickstones,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Solo, Mighty, Crafty, Elevape, Firefly, VaporGenie, the Hammer, ElevapeSV, Arizer Air,...

and those are just the portables I can rattle off that should work fine!

If you can add a plug-in, your list gets way, way bigger.

Amontantes04

What's the difference between portable and the pen? And I'm not necessarily stuck on pen idea, just like the idea of being not tied to a wall. So if Im understanding correctly, pens are basically strictly for cannabis oil and not the bud itself? There's no such thing as a dry herb actual vape pen? But there are plenty for the plug in the wall machines? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand more. Thanks for the input! :))))

Amontantes04,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Pens -- for now only do concentrates well, no matter what they tell you. The iMag is a an oversized pen vaporizer for herbs

portables -- a true herb vaporizer that you can walk around with (Solo, Air, Lotus, etc)

plug-in or desktop vape -- one that plugs into the wall and isn't portable while using. You typically get your best performance from these since they have so much power to draw from. But that's not always the case, as there are plenty of shitty vapes out there in every category.

hoptimum

Yes, pens are mostly for concentrates, with a few exceptions. Portables range from tiny, pocketable devices like the Magic Flight Launch Box and Pax, to larger vaporizers like the Solo, which is about the size of a Red Bull can. I typically recommend the Solo as a good place to start. It's moderately priced, delivers excellent flavor from very small amount of material, has pretty good battery life and a proven track record.

Adobewan

Get a Solo.
You can't beat the price $160 @ puffitup.com and you'd be hard pressed to find a better portable vaporizer.
Your's is a good reason to switch to vaping, but you're about to learn a number of other reasons' to switch from combustion to vaping, from taste, to economics(you'll likely use less material), to your health.
Good luck and welcome to the future.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Atmos Boss isn't too shabby, the heat is similar to the Flowermate but with a SS chamber.

I recommend a chinese seller.

Though if you are interested in other vapes, pursue them.

paytonpenn,

Ifeejulah Vapor

If u want battery life and vapor quality..a pen wont do it...smallest vape with a good rep is the pax. BUT for about double the size and half the price (still smaller than a coke can) you can get a solo. The solo quality is insane for its size..if u are willing to pay the extra money...the Air is a mini Solo...highly reccomend

Incase you dont know...heres the vapes I personally think you should research

Pax (stealth)
Solo (Quality)
Air (stealth ad quality)

Ofcourse there are other choices. IMO these are the the top notch.

(Check the mighty/crafty if your rollin im the dough)

Ifeejulah Vapor,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
What's the difference between portable and the pen? And I'm not necessarily stuck on pen idea, just like the idea of being not tied to a wall. So if Im understanding correctly, pens are basically strictly for cannabis oil and not the bud itself? There's no such thing as a dry herb actual vape pen? But there are plenty for the plug in the wall machines? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand more. Thanks for the input! :))))

IMO you should stop looking for a "pen vaporizer" and look for a "portable vaporizer" as @stickstones said, a lot of the portable vaporzers that are stylized in a pen design are awful for flowers and really only should be used for concentrates. So if you are simply looking for something that looks like a pen, your options are severely limited. (Though, the Grasshopper looks sick, it is a pen looking herbal vape, it is not available for sale yet)

That being said, is portability the defining characteristic of what you're after? Based on your reasons for vaping (awesome reasons btw), it almost doesn't seem that portability is the big selling point, more that you are looking to eliminate smell and stay healthy. Maybe conserve some bud too?

IMO if you really want the most "portable" I'd probably say the PAX. Its popular for a reason, its somewhat dated at this point, but I know a few people who love theirs, and it has a good showing around these parts. Here it requires constant upkeep though to have it working 100%.

I have the FireFly, and it may be what you're looking for, but I'm not sure as I usually only vape it alone. I get about 3-4 bowls when I got it on a full battery, now I get about 2-3, it gets me HIGH as hell, uses limited weed, and it tastes phenominal. Its portable, but has the power of a desktop. Just keep in mind the batteries, so you'll be limited to when you want to use it, but the plus side is the batteries only take 45 minutes to charge (can't use the unit though without an external charger if you're charging the batterys)

I also have an Underdog, which I love, its a log vape and requires basically no weed to get me high. You can keep it plugged in 24/7 and its always ready to go. It comes with GonG (glass on glass) 14mm attachments for your water pipes. Also can use as a direct draw. Versatile, sweet looking, conservative, you can vape as much as you want since its always plugged in so no wait time, but thats the thing, it needs to be plugged in all the time. Mine takes about 40 minutes to heat up to the temp I like after plugging it in, so if you have to constantly unplug/replug this may not be the choice for you. But if you are just going to be vaping at the home, I'd recommend this.

Finally, the Lotus may be the best of ALL worlds for you. Its portable AND versatile if you get the 14mm WPA attachment. I actually opted out of the stem pipe it comes with, so mine is significantly less portable than most, but you could easily pocket the Lotus pipe and cap for portability, and if you wanted to vape at home out of some water pipes, you could do that too! No downtime, limited maintenance other than cleaning the bowl out. It utilizes a butane lighter for heat (you heat the top of the cap with it, check it out if you're unsure what I mean), so you're never dependent on batteries or wall power....but you do need to make sure you have a can of butane around incase your lighter goes empty.

Hope this helped!

HellsWindStaff,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've read some lofty endorsements on FC, but I think this is the topper.

lbY71AG.jpg

Pardon the flash, that's my UD stem next to the USB port for my mouse.....you can see the area you fill the bowl with is roughly the size of the metal on the USB, a little recessed.

I fill it halfway to get high, not destroyed, but I"ll be decent and high for the next few hours. Halfway. So use the USB as comparison, but I'd consider that "basically nothing." I've literally overpacked smoking bowls before and have had weed fall on my pants that I would just brush onto the ground....should of saved it as it would of gotten me stoned with this.

Top Bottom