Discontinued Vape-Or-Smoke Vaporizer

Dberm

Another mod comin atcha!

This one is for oil users!

Step one: go to local herbal shop and pick up sample size glass essential oil containers

Step two: fill with your own essential oils

Step three: put this container in the slot where the atomizer is stored

You now have a nice little storage container that can be stored on the inside of the unit! Also it's glass so you can heat without problems as well as reclaim when you're done! I would say the container holds approximately .3-.6 of oil, which is pretty good considering you now have a contained unit that not only stores your oils securely and discretely but also acts as your smoking device!

The best part? These little vials cost around 15 cents each!

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

Dberm,

Dberm

Anyone else out there?

Just discovered yet another nifty feature for oil users... No need to carry a torch around! I've been able to drop oil off my dabber into my atomizer using just the removed VOS lighter. As an oil piece this thing just keeps getting better and better haha

Dberm,
Odd that the actual substance of the atomizer is such a loose "mesh," if you even want to call it that. A Volcano-style mesh pad seems far better suited to the task, with alot more surface area within a small space for the oil to cling to.

charliedontsurf,

Dberm

Yea especially since it was designed for ecig type liquids that are pretty thin from what I understand. If my oil was just leaking out of there then ecig users are screwed.

I've never seen the Volcano screens before, but honestly this fine mesh I got is doing a great job. Air still flows through, but the oil doesn't make it farther than the 3rd or 4th layer.

Dberm,
After a few months of owning this thing, I'm ready to give my final opinion on it. I'll start with the negative. I don't really like how it vaporizes bud. It just isn't consistent. I feel as though only sometimes I can get good hits but other times it seems like it's just burning through the bud a little more than it should. Some bud will be black while others light brown and green. It's difficult to get the hang of, even with having two screens. Either that or it just isn't as efficient as say the MFLB or Silver Surfer, which seem to make the best use for the amount of bud vs what you inhale.
On the other hand, I use this piece primarily for hash and boy it does not disappoint. Like in the video I posted earlier, I get HUGE rips when I've got hash in this thing and definitely want to get the atomizer for concentrates and oils. The only downside is the bowl gets really really hot! When compared to the MFLB, the MFLB is good for bud and the VoS is good for Hash. I can't really get it to work the other way around as well. Some other things. Requires weekly maintenance to work in it's original form, the mouthpiece just doesn't move as smoothly, but with a little heat and lack of care, it can be cleaned monthly without any issues. I haven't cleaned mine in a while, the mouthpiece feels as though it's filled with honey ready to be harvested, but it works like a charm. I noticed posts about the lighter, I haven't had any problems with the lighter besides thinking that it was broken when it was just because I had the dial turned up way to low/high. The only thing is that because of the way the liquid moves around in the lighter, you have to tilt the VoS as the butane empties. It's also better to just keep it filled to the max whenever you use it. I refill it every two or three bowls, but it can go on for 3-4 bowls before it needs a complete refill. By the third bowl however, you'll notice the lighter will go out sometimes. Be careful, you might find yourself inhaling butane. :ko: Usually, it doesn't happen though. Just be aware of it though.

Vape-Or-Smoke Review
Vape Quality:
Bud - 6/10
Hash - 10/10
Portability: 9/10
Sturdiness/Hardiness: 10/10
Maintenance: 7/10
Ease of Use: 7/10
Predicted Lifetime: >2 years
Stealth Factor : Solid Snake in a box
Personal Satisfaction: 8/10

Overall a solid piece that works well for both vaping or smoking, however it is either much more difficult or not as efficient when used with marijuana bud. Concentrates would be preferable.

dadankskunk,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Very good review. I had been considering this for a while, but can hardly ever find people who own it's opinions.

mrfloopa,

Dberm

Hey great review skunk! I'm glad you share my views of this thing as an oil rig! I was a day or two away from an omicron before I was able to repack my atomizer and get it working correctly. You could probably replicate the atomizer effect by stacking a bunch of screens in the bowl area.

Dberm,

mephisto

Hey Dberm and fellow FC ers,
I have been using the VOS daily for the last 6 months. It definitely has a
learning curve to get to top notch vapor function. First, a hearty thanks
to all fellow forum members who suggested the screen stacking and
other mods. My vos has a small stainless screen in the bottom of the bowl,
and the rectangular screen + another stainless screen in front of the
flame holes. I fill the bowl and then lightly pack it so the level is below
the flame holes. After one long draw to preheat, I am able to get very
good vapes . Combustion does sometimes occur with greedy pulls, but
only rarely. The vos is great for solids as well, I drop a piece in the bowl
and then cover with another screen to prevent rolling around. Very
efficient at using solids.... I have the atomizer cartridge, but have not
used it yet. After reading Dberm's advice, I can't wait to try some essence
through it. Overall, I find the vos a perfect, stealthy daily driver. Literally,
it is great for the car. Using it looks like you are talking into a cellphone.
Careful behind the wheel with it folks, this little bugger kicks ass!

mephisto,

Dberm

Hey mephisto, great to hear you're having success with this product and were able to overcome the learning curve!

Be careful not to damage the atomizer screen like I did! Just turn up your flame setting and place oil *gently* into the hole. Make sure to angle the bowl so the oil soaks into the mesh on the first draw!

Dberm,

Dberm

Man oh man. Today is my 3rd day of not smoking weed. I bought a gram of oil and have been using that through my VOS and my VOS hooked up to my bong. I feel so safe traveling with this thing! I've been able to load up 4 dabs worth of oil into my modified atomizer and that's enough for about 7-10 heavy rips. The container I showed can definitely hold a gram, but I haven't filled one up yet.

VOS w/ modified atomizer and stealth oil container used as an oil only piece:

STEALTH: A++ No plant matter necessary to carry around, everything you need hidden in one discreet package, only disadvantage is sound (wouldn't want to use it in a library, but I use it in crowded restrooms all the time without hesitation)

EASE OF USE: B+ With oils the learning curve is much less intense. Being able to put multiple dabs in the atomizer is awesome because I hate messing around with oils. Once the oil is in it's as simple as igniting the lighter and inhaling. I've experimented with different inhale speeds, and with the lighter up high enough inhale speed doesn't seem to matter as I get clouds every time.

CLEANING: A- When using oils straight as my only piece for 3 days the mouthpiece has begun to stick. Definitely going to have to do some reclaiming about once a week. It is easy to clean though, with all pieces easily reomved and soaked in alcohol.

I'm kind of glad I didn't jump on the omicron yet. This thing seems much easier to use, and although it sucks not being able to have an entire gram loaded at once, I am able to load enough at one time to keep me nice and toasty for over 3 hours (taking one nice rip every so often).

Dberm,
Alright you guys, just after writing this review, my lighter broke. Of course.

It just wouldn't light anymore. I noticed there wasn't any spark coming on. I'm guessing something cracked and was preventing the spark from igniting the butane. I e-mailed VoS and they sent me a replacement within 3 days for free. My only complaint now is that the new lighter works so much better than the old one, that it's a little stronger than before. I'm currently using "Power" butane, but I am going to try and switch to Calibri and see how if it helps lower the flame. Even on it's lowest settings, the lighter is just a little too strong. It also isn't helping since I don't take butane with me everywhere, this thing is kinda just spewing it out like crazy. A little more than I'm used to, especially when there's a fresh bowl. >:(

The thing was, I actually started getting used to vaping bud with this thing using my old lighter, but it looks like the old lighter was just... getting old. I'll report back with the results.

dadankskunk,

Dberm

Check out the website "piece mods". They detail how to turn the lighter down.

Basically what's going on is that these lighters come with a set "range" of adjustable flame settings. Problem is, some have different ranges than others.

Dberm,

weedandbombs

Vape Queen! :D
This is pretty much impossible to use a vaporizer.... people keep asking me to review it, but there's so much I don't like about it, I just can't..

weedandbombs,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I have to say that when I started reading this thread, (well 2 -3 pages) I expected little praise from vaporers. I bought one last December and tried and tried to get it to just vape. No frickin way. No matter how low the flame, once it starts to taste good, bang, the slick stream of smoke starts making throat and lungs just burn. Never really give it much thought about using for oils. Very interesting. Mine has just been sitting around, might re-visit.
I even tried my own little mod using a little piece of the stainless steel strapping used for clamping hoses etc. Cut a piece about 3 slots worth I believe. Filed it to size, fit it between the inside of bowl and that rectangular piece of mesh they give you. Queezzzzzed in a little herb. Some what worked but wait....is that the door bell,.....yes the postman, got the IOLite. This VOS puppy got put on the back shelf.
Anyway, as for my opinion, (to be taken with a grain of salt) For a realistic vaporizer it is completely useless unless you want to focus on taste, bobbing you head like a duck, and still end up with smoke in your mouth, stay well away!
Now for stealth smoking on the other hand it's OK.
Parts, materials, air flow, cleaning ability, sexiness, stealthiness, weather resistance all make the Craftsmanship A+++
Price.....hmmmmm what's that click device worth..
I do disagree this should be considered a "herbal" vape device.
Using it for oils or waxes could be an interesting avenue for this puppy.
Of course this is all just my opinion.
:2c:

Pipes,

babalao15

The Vape-Or-Smoke is a well-engineered vaporizer, originally designed to be easily used while skiing or snowboarding. Its design allows you to vaporize anywhere, even in harsh weather conditions.

Some key features:
  • Small, portable and discreet[/*]
  • Instant Operation[/*]
  • Made of the highest quality polymers and metals[/*]
  • One handed operation[/*]
  • Made in the USA[/*]

Find out more by checking out our website: http://vapeorsmoke.com. Please ask questions, leave comments and feedback here.

steel_contents.jpg

steel_parts.jpg
The Vape-Or-Smoke is a well-engineered vaporizer, originally designed to be easily used while skiing or snowboarding. Its design allows you to vaporize anywhere, even in harsh weather conditions.

Some key features:
  • Small, portable and discreet[/*]
  • Instant Operation[/*]
  • Made of the highest quality polymers and metals[/*]
  • One handed operation[/*]
  • Made in the USA[/*]

Find out more by checking out our website: http://vapeorsmoke.com. Please ask questions, leave comments and feedback here.

steel_contents.jpg

steel_parts.jpg
I ordered parts for this product three weeks ago and it seems this guys may not be in business anymore, except to charge your card. Out 20some dollars for a lighter(they suck, go out every few weeks) and some screens. Emails to vendor have gone unanswered , no phone, email response or product in my mailbox. BEWARE, this guys may have gone under except for their credit card processing...

mod note: Duplicate thread merged

Last edited by a moderator:
babalao15,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Our lighter was specifically designed to maximize combustion and minimize butane taste. We don't care for the taste either. With triple filtered butane in the lighter, I have inhaled with nothing in the bowl and couldn't taste the butane at all.

I gave up combustion long ago. This one response makes me feel this vape is just not for me.

FlyingLow,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I ordered parts for this product three weeks ago and it seems this guys may not be in business anymore, except to charge your card. Out 20some dollars for a lighter(they suck, go out every few weeks) and some screens. Emails to vendor have gone unanswered , no phone, email response or product in my mailbox. BEWARE, this guys may have gone under except for their credit card processing...

mod note: Duplicate thread merged

I tried to order a replacement lighter for a friend about a year ago on the Vape-or-Smoke website and their webstore was no longer in business. So where did you order from ? :hmm:

RUDE BOY,

babalao15

I tried to order a replacement lighter for a friend about a year ago on the Vape-or-Smoke website and their webstore was no longer in business. So where did you order from ? :hmm:
Purchased from their own website online store, called Vapor Tool. I emailed them a couple weeks after ordering and have yet to hear from them. This company has always been lax in customer service in my opinion. I really like the VOS, it's the only reason I still use it, (daily) unfortunately an excellent product with no support, imho. Thanks for the reply though.

babalao15,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Djdeckstarr

Damn babaloa15, I'm sorry to hear you're having so many lighter issues... but I must say, yours is the first case of its kind I've come across. I will say one thing, and that's that the lighter is a piece of Chinese crap, but the vos folks are hard at work finding a much better replacement lighter. That doesn't help you right now though,does it? I have many, many extra lighters in my possession because pretty much the entire vos operation moved to Arizona, and I was given quite a few in case mine or my friends' happened to break. I do find it quite odd that you're going through so many so quickly... I've had my original vos for nearly a year now and have only had to replace the lighter once because I broke it by inserting the pawl incorrectly. I've had my ninja since before it hit stores, and have never had to replace the lighter... so shoot me an email if you continue to have problems, and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

One note, the filament doesn't really matter... in fact it's been recommended to me to remove it for high-altitude vaping.

Also, check out HTTP://piecemods.com for an article on vaping perfectly with your vos every time, fat rips included. Don't let anyone tell you you can't produce clouds with this little thing because that's bullshit.
I'm looking for anyone who still has these lighters. I love my vapor smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Djdeckstarr,
Top Bottom