• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vape options - UK Based

CheshireeeCat

Hi all,

Have been having a look at portable vapes and there's quite a lot of conflicting advice out there but I'm hoping for some advice based on what my 'wants' are.

1) Portable and robust. It will likely be in my handbag a lot, so would like something that isn't likely to have things breaking off! Also, as I'm in the UK, having to send things back halfway around the world due to it not working isn't exactly ideal.

1a) On the same wavelength as above, possible replacement parts readily available if the warranty isn't brilliant. Would rather replace parts than lose use of the unit altogether.

2) Easy to use. I'm not thick, but feel that having too many options is going to confuse me and I'd like to not need to fiddle too much to use it.

3) I have a budget of about £150 which is $197 to include shipping and any import costs (which is why online shops based in UK would be good!)

Any advise from UK based peeps would be awesome or just input from anyone else appreciated too.

Thanks!

KC2K

Hi ChehsireeeCat, I'm new here as well and UK based. Have a look at DynaVaps vapcaps such as the M or Ti, you use a lighter to heat them then cape :) you can get them from www.thehedonistclub.co.uk. I don't have one but really want one and they are quite inexpensive :)

There are plenty of UK cape sites just search. I'm sure someone on here will point you in the right direction for an ideal cape for you pennies.

Best of luck!

CheshireeeCat

Hi ChehsireeeCat, I'm new here as well and UK based. Have a look at DynaVaps vapcaps such as the M or Ti, you use a lighter to heat them then cape :) you can get them from www.thehedonistclub.co.uk. I don't have one but really want one and they are quite inexpensive :)

There are plenty of UK cape sites just search. I'm sure someone on here will point you in the right direction for an ideal cape for you pennies.

Best of luck!

Thanks v. much for your reply however I am looking for self powered as opposed to needing a lighter. Good luck with your purchase!

CheshireeeCat,
Reactions: KC2K

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Hi @CheshireeeCat
Vapefiend.co.uk are my go-to place for vapes in the UK
I've bought my Arizer, Mighty, Evo and Flowerpot through them
You get reputable UK retail support as they are authorized distributors for a number of vapes
Great bunch of guys, very friendly & happy to offer advice :)

Are you looking for something to use flower or concentrates?

Last edited:

KC2K

You could get a lot with £150. There's the Pax 2 which has very good reviews, I have a clone of it of sorts but wouldn't advise you to get what I have.

A lot of the people on here are US based so probably only just waking up ha ha but you should get lots of helpful replies soon.

https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk seems pretty good too, just do a google search :)

sickmanfraud

Hi all,

Have been having a look at portable vapes and there's quite a lot of conflicting advice out there but I'm hoping for some advice based on what my 'wants' are.

1) Portable and robust. It will likely be in my handbag a lot, so would like something that isn't likely to have things breaking off! Also, as I'm in the UK, having to send things back halfway around the world due to it not working isn't exactly ideal.

1a) On the same wavelength as above, possible replacement parts readily available if the warranty isn't brilliant. Would rather replace parts than lose use of the unit altogether.

2) Easy to use. I'm not thick, but feel that having too many options is going to confuse me and I'd like to not need to fiddle too much to use it.

3) I have a budget of about £150 which is $197 to include shipping and any import costs (which is why online shops based in UK would be good!)

Any advise from UK based peeps would be awesome or just input from anyone else appreciated too.

Thanks!

I would STRONGLY suggest the Tubo-Evic. It is within your budget more or less. I have a bunch of vapes and I use the Tubo Evic 90% (or more) of the time. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic.22992/

CheshireeeCat

Hi @CheshireeeCat
Vapefiend.co.uk are my go-to place for vapes in the UK
I've bought my Arizer, Mighty, Evo and Flowerpot through them
You get reputable UK retail support as they are authorized distributors for a number of vapes
Great bunch of guys, very friendly & happy to offer advice :)

Are you looking for something to use flower or concentrates?

Thanks for your reply, shall have a look at the website!

Flower :) friend of mine has a K-Vape from Kandypens but didn't like the 5 clicks on and feels like the lid/mouthpiece will break pretty quickly.

Which of yours do you prefer and why?

CheshireeeCat,

Hippie

Welcome aboard :wave:

My preferred setup atm is Vapcap M, an induction heater, and a glass pipe (and a cork to use as an adapter for the Vapcap tip)
And a butane lighter for when I can't use the induction heater.

I'd buy a Vapcap from a UK vendor and a butane lighter first (£50 ish) to see if you like it before investing in an IH

CheshireeeCat

You could get a lot with £150. There's the Pax 2 which has very good reviews, I have a clone of it of sorts but wouldn't advise you to get what I have.

A lot of the people on here are US based so probably only just waking up ha ha but you should get lots of helpful replies soon.

https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk seems pretty good too, just do a google search :)

Thanks for your reply!

Have had a look at Pax 2 and 3, both seemed quite fancy but some of the more vape-experienced comments and reviews I've seen seem a bit against them in favour of others. I suppose that is mostly personal preference tho.

What do you like about yours and have you ever used the website above?

I would STRONGLY suggest the Tubo-Evic. It is within your budget more or less. I have a bunch of vapes and I use the Tubo Evic 90% (or more) of the time. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic.22992/

Thanks! I'll have a look see. What about it do you like?

Welcome aboard :wave:

My preferred setup atm is Vapcap M, an induction heater, and a glass pipe (and a cork to use as an adapter for the Vapcap tip)
And a butane lighter for when I can't use the induction heater.

I'd buy a Vapcap from a UK vendor and a butane lighter first (£50 ish) to see if you like it before investing in an IH

Thanks for coming back to me but do have my heart set on a (more or less) one piece set up. Have a bong for alone time or with friends but as those I'm living with aren't so accepting I'd like something portable that I can go on a walk with or similar :)

Last edited by a moderator:
CheshireeeCat,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks for your reply, shall have a look at the website!

Flower :) friend of mine has a K-Vape from Kandypens but didn't like the 5 clicks on and feels like the lid/mouthpiece will break pretty quickly.

Which of yours do you prefer and why?
I prefer my desktop vapes lol :p
I haven't tried a whole lot of portable vapes but the Mighty has been my favourite so far.

I found the draw to be too restrictive on the Arizer Air (although the flavour was excellent) and I thought my Omnivap XL Vapcap was quite harsh (it was only used a few times before living in a drawer)

The Mighty isn't exactly small and stealthy but it does have pretty decent battery life and can be connected to water tools with adapters. The draw is quite open and I think the cooling unit on the top helps a lot
I used mine exclusively as a home and portable vape for months before buying my first desktop (EVO)

CheshireeeCat

Just come across the Spirit and the Storm by Storm, apparently the Spirit is a copy of the XMax Starry. Website reviews look good, but they always do if they delete bad ones :lol:

CheshireeeCat,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@CheshireeeCat

I've used both www.vapefiend.co.uk and www.namastevaporizers.co.uk. Both are great businesses with great customer service.

The reason you'll find conflicting info in regards to vapes is different folk are looking for different qualities in a device.

I was just about to suggest the 'Spirit Vaporizer by Storm' The FC thread on it seems fairly content with the latest revision (not sure what revision vapefiend offer).

The main recommendations for the Spirit are to get a spare mouthpiece and a smell proof case.

I've not used one myself but it seems like a good starter vape.

CheshireeeCat

@CheshireeeCat

I've used both www.vapefiend.co.uk and www.namastevaporizers.co.uk. Both are great businesses with great customer service.

The reason you'll find conflicting info in regards to vapes is different folk are looking for different qualities in a device.

I was just about to suggest the 'Spirit Vaporizer by Storm' The FC thread on it seems fairly content with the latest revision (not sure what revision vapefiend offer).

The main recommendations for the Spirit are to get a spare mouthpiece and a smell proof case.

I've not used one myself but it seems like a good starter vape.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. They seem more bank account friendly and then I can take what I do and don't like with it to decide on what to upgrade to.

Thanks v. much for your reply :D

If you do purchase from vapefiend, don't forget the discount codes
HI5 gets £5 off purchases over (i think) £20
420 gets £10 off purchases over (maybe) £50
During October they have a 10% discount with code: UPA2017

Ahh, epic, thanks so much! :clap:

Little put off by lack of presence online. Does anyone use the Spirit?

Last edited by a moderator:

KC2K

@CheshireeeCat the vape I use is called the Crater Deluxe. Its basically the same body and dimensions as the Pax 2 i.e. bowl size etc but only has 3 temperatures. I like small bowls so had to add a sandwicher/pusher which allows you to use about a 5th of a bowl. Its an ok little unit, its discreet, has a slight odour of bud when heating but not very much. When it works its great but its a tad on the temperamental side and the draw is quite tight (this was improved by the pusher). My main gripe is how temperamental it is... it has to be set up perfect for it to work flawlessly. The draw can be affected, there can be very little visible cape at times but there's always taste and effect. All in all I would give it a 3 out of 5. The price has just dropped from £130 to £110 and it has a life time guarantee as well as being made by a UK company.

While its an adequate vape, it feels like its more of a one person vape. If you use the full bowls it will eat your green like there's no tomorrow. The medicated effect it gives is good, but it does like to be kept clean. I think if you got one you would be looking to upgrade within 6 months like me. Oh one last thing, it does not like the wind, and struggles in it... maybe not one for stormy days out side.

The company have a website: https://cratervapes.com

The customer service is very good. Hope that helps!

CheshireeeCat

@CheshireeeCat the vape I use is called the Crater Deluxe. Its basically the same body and dimensions as the Pax 2 i.e. bowl size etc but only has 3 temperatures. I like small bowls so had to add a sandwicher/pusher which allows you to use about a 5th of a bowl. Its an ok little unit, its discreet, has a slight odour of bud when heating but not very much. When it works its great but its a tad on the temperamental side and the draw is quite tight (this was improved by the pusher). My main gripe is how temperamental it is... it has to be set up perfect for it to work flawlessly. The draw can be affected, there can be very little visible cape at times but there's always taste and effect. All in all I would give it a 3 out of 5. The price has just dropped from £130 to £110 and it has a life time guarantee as well as being made by a UK company.

While its an adequate vape, it feels like its more of a one person vape. If you use the full bowls it will eat your green like there's no tomorrow. The medicated effect it gives is good, but it does like to be kept clean. I think if you got one you would be looking to upgrade within 6 months like me. Oh one last thing, it does not like the wind, and struggles in it... maybe not one for stormy days out side.

The company have a website: https://cratervapes.com

The customer service is very good. Hope that helps!

Awesome info, thanks. This was one I looked into and sort of ummed over a lot. Any thoughts on the Crater 420? Bit bigger but doesn't seem to have any negative reviews. Again, though, the info online seems very limited like the Spirit by Storm!

CheshireeeCat,

Alexis

If you do purchase from vapefiend, don't forget the discount codes
HI5 gets £5 off purchases over (i think) £20
420 gets £10 off purchases over (maybe) £50
During October they have a 10% discount with code: UPA2017
I dont think you havs to spend £20. I used the code before on a £15ish order for hemp flowers and vipes and I somehow got a discount of £7-something.

KC2K

@CheshireeeCat I know absolutely nothing about the 420, not read any reviews or seen anything. The build of the Deluxe is good, I use it every day for Hemp mostly due to pain and it works well... I just think there are better vaporisers out there by better companies.

Namastevape do a best of with different price categories etc:

https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/pages/best-vaporizers-by-price

The CFX looks ok, similar to the 420, and it seems to have lots of good reviews (TBH I don't know this vape) it might suit your needs. The guys on here seem to know their shizzle so maybe find one you like the look and sound of then put a shout out for feedback on it.

Crater seem to be fairly new to the market, don't know an awful lot about them. I have used their customer service and they were prompt, polite and fixed the issue :)

TTFN

Edited: The top 15 prices haven't been updated so they may have dropped in price like the Pax 2 or Mighty

little maggie

I don't know ow shipping is from Switzerland but you might check out the thread here on the tubo evic. You won't find it in the vape stores and have to order from the maker. But if you read the thread you'll see that most who've bought it love it.

Idoru

Any thoughts on the Crater 420?

I just ordered one... pure convection and that's what I wanted. For herb, wax and oil is a pre too. Can hardly find any review unless it's on Amazon uk and those are great. But wel... let's see!

Last edited:
Idoru,

Idoru

^ o my gosh.. you're right. I'm a newbie to this all but looking into the Fenix a bit ..there doesn't seem to be any difference at all?? Really nothing? Wow so I could've catched this for about 60/70 bucks less??

Help! I feel... a stupid girl!

I should've asked it here ...

while me thinking: such a good catch!!! A hidden jewel.... aagh (+ I did a LOT of research for my perfect vape / never noticed the fenix though but that idd seems THE ONE~!)

EDIT @ after the shock wore off a bit; so the advantage should be a lifetime warranty for the crater, I guess. Is that worth the price? What if the (still in its infancy?) company goes up in air? Might be some smart asses behind the crater.

Last edited:
Idoru,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Personally I would recommend a digital vape over a torch vape if this is your first unit because It's easier to dial a perfect vape experience imo

I'd look at the Arizer Air or Solo, not that I own one, but because this is what I would buy if I was working with your price range and they are highly respected

My first vape was a MFLB, then Volcano, then Mighty, then Lotus, then Vapcap

sativasam,
Top Bottom