Vape Minimalism - A Tale of 3 Vapes

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Hello again!

Long background story condensed: I have an 8 year old corded Chinese conduction vape that I hate, and have rarely used. Since I find smoking to be disgusting, I recently decided to obtain a few vaporizers to replace joints and pipe hits. I came here and asked many questions, in many threads, and finally settled on my perfect "Vape Trifecta" minimalist setup.

The 3 vaporizers I settled on are:

Vapcap "M"
Sticky Brick Jr. (Spalted Maple)
E-Nano Log Vape (Fiddleback Maple)

The Vapcap "M" is meant to be my discrete "public" solution... small and hideable, and looks like smoking a cigarette from a distance if you are careful. The Sticky Brick Jr. is meant for "around the house and yard" occasional touch-up and convenient, quick sessions. The E-Nano log vape is meant to be my mainstay "den vape" for the majority of home use, with and without glass. How well do these three accomplish their intended role? Read on... read on. :)

Vapcap "M"
This thing is amazing! So small, but such great flavor and ease of use! This is the only vape of the three that can be used with a normal Bic lighter, though I prefer not to... too much soot buildup. The main problem I have with this vape is that the bowl just doesn't hold enough material for my preferences... though I continue to use and love the Vapcap. This will continue to be my "public" vape, at least until it gets lost, stolen, or confiscated. However, at $50 a pop, it is an affordable vape to lose, so it's all good! :)
I give this vape an enthusiastic 8 out of 10, with points deducted mainly for the small bowl size.

If I could only ever have one vaporizer for my desert island fantasy, THIS would be the one I choose. There is something about this little pile of wood, glass, metal, and silicon that is SO much greater than the sum of its parts. Huge clouds of wonderful vape gravy... beautiful taste and simple operation. No batteries to die mid-vape, or cost the big $$$ for replacement. No cord tethering you to a wall. Inexpensive for a portable, and GREAT looking too! No BS... this is simply the RIGHT way to design a piece of joyful-use quality long-term equipment! Thank you, Sticky Brick Labs... you guys RULE!!! ;)
My only problems with this vape are that there is a faint woody taste (which continues to fade as I use the vape more and more...) and the fact that this vape has a bit of a learning curve that discourages easy first use by friends. It doesn't work well in breezy conditions, but ducking into a doorway fixes this problem fast. Because the SBJ is Butane powered (with a seperate torch lighter), this is more of an advanced "professional" vape. However, it is a vape that pays off hansomely for those who invest the time to learn its strange yet beautiful ways!
I give this vape a solid 9.5 out of 10, with half a point deducted for beginner unfriendliness and difficulty of use in breezes.

This vape was the most difficult to decide to buy. I was also considering the TWAX Flower Pot as an alternative to fill my "home den" role, but I finally settled on the E-Nano due to concerns that the complex nature of the Flower Pot might turn off potential vape conversion among my still combusting friends and family. I had a great bit of buyers jitters and potential remorse after finally deciding to buy the E-Nano, but those concerns rapidly disappeared once I had the E-Nano in my hands. Plenty has already been written about this vape, so all that I really want to add is that this is THE vape to buy if you want simple operation, great clouds from minimal material, and an almost divinely inspired simplicity of design! I love, love, LOVE my E-Nano, and I would happily and joyfully recommend it to anyone who wants a super high quality, excellent performing tethered home vape that looks great too!
The only thing negative I have to say about the E-Nano is that it is just plain NOT suited for any kind of portable use... unless you like lugging a lot of stuff around with you! However, this is not what I bought it for, so all's well! :D Also, mine did not come with the famous E-Nano knob that goes to "11" like Spinal Tap amps... I guess they've changed the knobs to be more commercially friendly. Boo! :(
I give the E-Nano a solid 9 out of 10, with the point deducted for lack of portability and a knob that only goes to "10"

My thoughts, after a few days of using these devices are these: Excellent! And... Schweeeeeeet! :)

I have no regrets with my minimalist setup, though a Flower Pot just might still be in my future if I lose my battle with VAS and decide that I just HAVE TO have a super-techy lab type vape! So far, I'm holding strong to my minimalist ways... but my resolve is weakening every time I see another Flower Pot video or posting! :D

Hope you all enjoyed my mini-review, I'll happily answer any questions you all might have.

Last edited:

virtualpurple

Hello again!

Long background story condensed: I have an 8 year old corded Chinese conduction vape that I hate, and have rarely used. Since I find smoking to be disgusting, I recently decided to obtain a few vaporizers to replace joints and pipe hits. I came here and asked many questions, in many threads, and finally settled on my perfect "Vape Trifecta" minimalist setup.

The 3 vaporizers I settled on are:

Vapcap "M"

The Vapcap "M" is meant to be my discrete "public" solution... small and hideable, and looks like smoking a cigarette from a distance if you are careful. The Sticky Brick Jr. is meant for "around the house and yard" occasional touch-up and convenient, quick sessions. The E-Nano log vape is meant to be my mainstay "den vape" for the majority of home use, with and without glass. How well do these three accomplish their intended role? Read on... read on. :)

Vapcap "M"
This thing is amazing! So small, but such great flavor and ease of use! This is the only vape of the three that can be used with a normal Bic lighter, though I prefer not to... too much soot buildup. The main problem I have with this vape is that the bowl just doesn't hold enough material for my preferences... though I continue to use and love the Vapcap. This will continue to be my "public" vape, at least until it gets lost, stolen, or confiscated. However, at $50 a pop, it is an affordable vape to lose, so it's all good! :)
I give this vape an enthusiastic 8 out of 10, with points deducted mainly for the small bowl size.

If I could only ever have one vaporizer for my desert island fantasy, THIS would be the one I choose. There is something about this little pile of wood, glass, metal, and silicon that is SO much greater than the sum of its parts. Huge clouds of wonderful vape gravy... beautiful taste and simple operation. No batteries to die mid-vape, or cost the big $$$ for replacement. No cord tethering you to a wall. Inexpensive for a portable, and GREAT looking too! No BS... this is simply the RIGHT way to design a piece of joyful-use quality long-term equipment! Thank you, Sticky Brick Labs... you guys RULE!!! ;)
My only problems with this vape are that there is a faint woody taste (which continues to fade as I use the vape more and more...) and the fact that this vape has a bit of a learning curve that discourages easy first use by friends. It doesn't work well in breezy conditions, but ducking into a doorway fixes this problem fast. Because the SBJ is Butane powered (with a seperate torch lighter), this is more of an advanced "professional" vape. However, it is a vape that pays off hansomely for those who invest the time to learn its strange yet beautiful ways!
I give this vape a solid 9.5 out of 10, with half a point deducted for beginner unfriendliness and difficulty of use in breezes.

This vape was the most difficult to decide to buy. I was also considering the TWAX Flower Pot as an alternative to fill my "home den" role, but I finally settled on the E-Nano due to concerns that the complex nature of the Flower Pot might turn off potential vape conversion among my still combusting friends and family. I had a great bit of buyers jitters and potential remorse after finally deciding to buy the E-Nano, but those concerns rapidly disappeared once I had the E-Nano in my hands. Plenty has already been written about this vape, so all that I really want to add is that this is THE vape to buy if you want simple operation, great clouds from minimal material, and an almost divinely inspired simplicity of design! I love, love, LOVE my E-Nano, and I would happily and joyfully recommend it to anyone who wants a super high quality, excellent performing tethered home vape that looks great too!
The only thing negative I have to say about the E-Nano is that it is just plain NOT suited for any kind of portable use... unless you like lugging a lot of stuff around with you! However, this is not what I bought it for, so all's well! :D Also, mine did not come with the famous E-Nano knob that goes to "11" like Spinal Tap amps... I guess they've changed the knobs to be more commercially friendly. Boo! :(
I give the E-Nano a solid 9 out of 10, with the point deducted for lack of portability and a knob that only goes to "10"

My thoughts, after a few days of using these devices are these: Excellent! And... Schweeeeeeet! :)

I have no regrets with my minimalist setup, though a Flower Pot just might still be in my future if I lose my battle with VAS and decide that I just HAVE TO have a super-techy lab type vape! So far, I'm holding strong to my minimalist ways... but my resolve is weakening every time I see another Flower Pot video or posting! :D

Hope you all enjoyed my mini-review, I'll happily answer any questions you all might have.

Great writeup man, I enjoyed hearing your rationale, seems like you have yourself well set and have a pretty versatile arsenal!

Philreal187

@Chicken #420 great post! I have always thought a core four was all I needed. But curiosity got the better of me also known as VAS. Soo I kept buying new vapes. It's humbling to read someone taking the less is more approach!

My core four right now is Vapman, Vapcap M, Milaana, alternate for stealth.

With in a year I hope to make the zion replace my milaana and haze square to replace my alternate for stealth. And slide a sb jr into the rotation for sure.

I personally feel like butane vapes are far more superior than battery. I think my end goal to this spiral of vas is no more batteries just butane and electric for the crib. It will be a tough decision with so much changing for the better in the 18650 world.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Agreed, great write up.

I always use selling the last vape, that wasnt quite what I wanted, to pay for the next purchase. I cant personally justify that many vapes, either financially or just cos of the clutter/waste, tho its recently increased to a whopping four vaporizers! :D

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
but how can you call having 3 vapes minimalism??

I don't think that even qualifies as "getting started" around here! :D

I think most of these guys have more vaporizers than I have socks...

Chicken #420,
Top Bottom