Vape just to smoke tobacco?

freeman dyson

I don't want liquid. But I would like something like a e cigarette or pen, or other small piece that I can put regular rolling tobacco in. Are there any kind of e cigs that take tobacco? Or even a small, cheap pipe. I dont really want to put it in my buddha. Any suggestions? thanks.

freeman dyson,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Vapor Genie....
I am pretty sure all the E-Cigs take liquid and nothing else...
and personally, I think vaped Tobacco tastes awful... but thats just me

DevoTheStrange,

SmogTown

The vaporgenie works for tobacco. I used it once that way once. However any other vaporizer should work. :2c:

SmogTown,

freeman dyson

DevoTheStrange said:
Vapor Genie....
I am pretty sure all the E-Cigs take liquid and nothing else...
and personally, I think vaped Tobacco tastes awful... but thats just me
well, since I got my buddha. there is no point is using my iolite for herb. so i just smoke some tobacco in there. it doesnt taste bad.

would smoking tobacco in the vp leave a taste that affects the herbs taste i want to pack in it later. are you saying I should buy a vp for tobacco only, and a seperate vg for weed?

freeman dyson,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think if you use it heavily, the VG will collect nicotine oils inside it, over time that might affect the taste, but a simple cleaning should solve that.
I've never liked the taste of tobacco in general (despite 10+ years of smoking almost 2 packs a day). Too me vaping it taste almost as nasty...
I think the only time you would want too have separate pipes is if your going too be vaping Hallucinogens. Dont wanna run the risk of hallucinating when you dont want too. (or if your going too vape an herb that leaves alot of smell and taste behind, like mint... my VG tasted like mint for weeks)

DevoTheStrange,

freeman dyson

thanks for the quick responses guys. i am thinking about selling my iolite. i am a little underwhelmed by it. I can buy both a VG and Lanunch box for less than the iolite.

freeman dyson,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
it took me a few weeks too get my technique down enough too find my iolite satisfying. One thing the iolite has over the VG is it is easier too clean out... no wood too deal with. However with the VG and LB you dont have too worry about replacing parts that often. Or dealing with a clogged IO

DevoTheStrange,

freeman dyson

do you see big vapor exhales on the iolite? mine gets me high but i am not seeing much vapor. plus the gas is fucked and always wooshiing. think im gonna send it to get repaired. if it stil performs the same, I am getting rid of it. i dont really neen a stealthy unit. Just a portable one I can carry in my pocket. Do the LB and VG give better hits?

da buddha is great btw.

freeman dyson,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah.. Ive gotten nice big exhales from my IO, it all comes down too your draw technique. If you hit it too fast and too hard, your not going too get a satisfying hit. You gotta slow down with the IO. I hit my IO with just under what I would do on a slow even drag on a cig. I haven't messed around with the LB enough too give an opinion (only tried it once) so I cannot tell you about that. I can get some nice thick pulls from my VG without combusting..

DevoTheStrange,

freeman dyson

my dad is 60 and has high blood pressure. he has smoked weed everyday for like 40 years. he probably doesnt even know what a vape is. he smokes out of pipes. i was thinking about getting him the VG because it seems easier to use and more familiar to his smoking habits.

freeman dyson,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
The VG is a great introduction vape for heavy smokers. Vaporstar as well. Reason being, In use both of these vapes are extremely similar too smoking. One is a pipe, and the other is used with a Bong. Just gotta learn too hit it slow and dont combust.

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Many folks are using hookah molassess (tobacco and stuff mixed) with the Iolites. I read about it at the e-cig forum but have yet to try since I've been tobacco free for quite some time now. I DID try the ecig liquid in the Iolite and HOLY TOLEDO!! I shall just say WOW!! I let my sister try it to and she was blown away by the vapor and hit from just a couple drops. Really too much for me :D

I have seen you have had issues with your Iolite and I'm not sure if it is functioning properly. I always see very visible hits of vapor after it has been on for a few minutes... Actually I think about 4-5 minutes before I really feel it is in "the zone". I also had a few friends try it and hit it way too hard/fast to get visible vapor though after adjusting their draw....visible vapor.

I have both the LB and the Iolite. I love them both but I get much bigger visible hits with the Io. I am finding the LB delivers the buzz many times even when I'm not getting the bigger hits. I like the feel of the vapor hits from the Io while I appreciate the LB's taste and stealthiness.

I haven't tried the VG as I am happy to not be carrying a lighter for the first time in over 25 years :D :D

If you have vented your Iolite a few times and ran some good butane through and it is still seemingly not working correctly I would see about service. I really am glad I waded through my initial frustration with my first Iolite.... It was worth it! My favorite car vape :D

Lo,

freeman dyson

So the iolite should have visible vapor flowing out out the mouthpiece when I step back to look at it? I see vapor when I exhale, but not too much.

freeman dyson,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lo said:
Many folks are using hookah molassess (tobacco and stuff mixed) with the Iolites. I read about it at the e-cig forum but have yet to try since I've been tobacco free for quite some time now. I DID try the ecig liquid in the Iolite and HOLY TOLEDO!! I shall just say WOW!! I let my sister try it to and she was blown away by the vapor and hit from just a couple drops. Really too much for me :D

I have seen you have had issues with your Iolite and I'm not sure if it is functioning properly. I always see very visible hits of vapor after it has been on for a few minutes... Actually I think about 4-5 minutes before I really feel it is in "the zone". I also had a few friends try it and hit it way too hard/fast to get visible vapor though after adjusting their draw....visible vapor.
You know I have never thought too try shisha in the IO... Would be interested in try, except for the fact i am now anti nicotine...

Another way too get nice vapors on the IO is don't hit it right after you load the bowl. Let the herb in the bowl warm up for a minute or two... Then try off with a slow draw. You should taste it, and feel the heat. If you don't see any vapors... try drawing even slower... keep slowing it down until you get visible vapors. Somewhere around that point would be your "Sweet Spot" in terms of draws... mess around and you will find it. And once you learn that draw, it is kind of hard too forget too do on a consistent basis.

You wont see any vapor come pouring out of your IO after a hit.... You might look down into the mouth piece and see a slight haze, and you gotta remember, the IO is not a power hitter like a whip vape... It gives nice big clouds, but not huge ones like you would get with a whip.

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Yeah Devo... I'm weaned WAY down on nicotine and have a brand new pack of shisha here but not wanting to test it.... I love being almost off the nicotine!

Hey Freeman... Devo is right. You won't see vapor coming out of the mouthpiece when sitting. There is no fan pushing it out. The vapor forms in the chamber and you pull it out with your draw. The slow draw is important I think.

I too like to sit and let it heat up a couple cycles. I then take a of what I call 'tasty puffs', long, slow pulls. I don't expect vapor at that point but I just like the taste. Then I let it sit for a bit again and hit it again... long and slow. I like to let it sit a bit between hits to allow for bigger hits.

It took me some time to get my technique down and to be able to appreciate the vapor. I came from smoking heavily for decades and the first time I tried a vaporizer I dismissed it quickly and lit a joint!! Same thing when I tried the Iolite a couple years later... It took me a few tries before I fell for the vapor but once I did.... Man I felt like I had evolved and NEVER in my life thought I'd quit combusting the herb. Last concert I went to I rolled a bunch of j's and never even smoked one... Lit it, tasted it and said F, that... Where is my IO. LOL!!

If you are interested in tobacco type vaping and not with a hookah the Iolite seems to be gaining fans on the e-smoking forums. There are even some you tube videos with details... I will try to dig up and post. Frog...a member here and in the e-cig world is pretty informative on the Iolite and tobacco use.

Here you go:
http://xsmoker.info/?q=node/21

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I would say it was two too three weeks before I felt my IO was a good buy. I was reading about all these good experience people were having, I thought it was all a joke. But after three weeks I was having the same results that I was reading others having. I think the learning curve on the IO is enough for people too write it off as unsatisfying.
Almost every one I show the Iolite too hits it wrong the first time, and I have too invest a little time too show them how too do it right. I even have friends that can get bigger hits off my IO than I can, and I still cannot figure out how they are doing it.

DevoTheStrange,

FEAR420

See man,I told ya to post up and lo and the likes would chime in! Great info here guys & gal :D Im trying to kick the cancer sticks myself...:/

FEAR420,

Lo

Hey Fear! Good work on trying to kick the habit...

I NEVER thought I'd be able to and amazed at how easy it has been with the e-cig. I'm literally down to less than 2mgs. of nicotine in my liquid now... Started at the higher 24/18mg stuff. I feel soon I'll be able to just walk away. Almost 5 months without a cig and it is different from other times I 'quit'. This time I KNOW I'm done. Even threw away my favorite ashtray, gave away my cool car ashtray... I even have analogs in a drawer which is something I've never been able to do before while 'quitting'. I lit one a couple months ago and thought oh hell No!!!

I literally don't even want to burn a doob anymore and that is seemingly a miracle to me :D Complete convert!

Lo,

freeman dyson

so you would recommend e cigs with liquid? i was thinking about getting my mother one but thought they may be too much of a hassle to use

freeman dyson,

Lo

Oh I'm totally loving the ecigs but damn I spent a small fortune buying small crappy, crap!! There is a thread around here about it somewhere...oh wait - you were posting in it LOL!

At this point I think whatever it takes to quit smoking is a good thing and what works for others does not work for everyone. I actually wish I could let every smoker I encounter TRY the e cig. Sucks to spend money on them and then not use which is what I think many folks do. Especially if they buy some mall kiosk overpriced thing... Then they dismiss all e-cigs.

If my dad was still alive I would have already handed him one and even if I had to fill all his carts or whatever I'd still do it. As it is I constantly send my sister juice and stuff to keep her off the analog wagon :) Saving the planet...One smoker at a time.

Now if I could just get that tupperware party type vaporizer gig going.... I'd be converting folks daily LOL!

Lo,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
freeman dyson said:
my dad is 60 and has high blood pressure. he has smoked weed everyday for like 40 years. he probably doesnt even know what a vape is. he smokes out of pipes. i was thinking about getting him the VG because it seems easier to use and more familiar to his smoking habits.
By all means do. I'm 49, have well controlled high blood pressure (quit smoking ciggy's over 10 years ago) and only recently restarted smoking pot. After vaping for only 3 days, I will never smoke weed again unless butane, batteries or AC power runs out.

I haven't coughed once since using a vaporiser.

regards

Tom

tdavie,

Lo

could you recommend a starter kit to try?

why were you buying small crap?
LMAO!! I bought crap devices because I didn't know any better. Once I started researching online I bought a bigger battery device and never looked back.

I think starter kits are a good way to test drive the idea of e-smoking but many of the little devices that look like cigs have small batteries are are a pain in the ass to deal with.

I used to think it'd be best to tell folks to try one of the cheap 510 kits as the 510 is very popular and works well. Then if someone is REALLY taken with the e-smoking they could get a larger battery holder to screw their atomizers into. I'm on the fence now as to what to recommend since there are so many factors. It is not just the right device but the right device, with the right voltage, with the right juice with enough nicotine to get someone to step away from the analogs.

cignot.com has a Joye 510 no box special that is usually pretty reasonable, about $35 I think. Many other folks like the 2 piece setup called KR808. I honestly wish I had known more before I started as I spent a crapload on crap stuff. If I had just started with a big battery mod I could have saved some $$. If the 510 doesn't work for a person it can be re-sold or gifted to another smoker to try. If the 510 gets a person nearly off smoking but you find you're still sneaking cigs or craving, I would recommend a larger device. For 3.7 volts I'd say Little Chuck fits the bill (thagbuilt.com) for higher volts and my personal sweet spot I like the Xhaler with 2 of the 3.0 batteries (nhaler.com). It is the BOMB but once I tried that I could never go back to 3.7volts!!

Most importantly.... Backups! Must have backup stuff since you can't pop into a conv. store to buy whatever you forgot at home or the likes. Once you find what works for you - stock up on attys, battys, juice, etc. I always carry a backup device too just in case but I am OCD LOL!!

Loads o' e-cig reading here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Lo,

Lo

Yes that is the cheap starter kit I was talking about. It is enough to get your feet wet and it is a pretty easy setup. IF you loved it you can buy a little case called a PCC (personal charging chase). You charge the case and then it keeps one battery charging whilst you use the other. Makes it so you can go to work or whatever with a little bottle of juice and be good to go.

The "no box" means it doesn't come in the cutesy little box it would be shipped in from another more expensive supplier.

Honestly it is in my opinion the cheapest way to try a device that isn't a piece of crap. There are others that you could start with that cost a little more like the KR808 I mentioned. Once you try the 510 and tell me what you think I would be happy to offer further advice. If you wanted to blow more cash and try something more expensive that is cool too, I'm just suggesting this since it is easy to try without forking out a lot of dough. Some folks just won't like the e-cig stuff while others love it. I hate to see cash wasted if someone buys one to try and then doesn't use.

You can read loads about the other brands and such on the e-cig forum I posted as well. There is even an "ask the expert" section for newbies to get hopefully sound advice from 'oldtimers'.

Good luck! I'd love to see more folks stop smoking.... FUCK COMBUSTION I say LMAO!!

Lo,
Top Bottom