Vape Carts Health Crisis Megathread

LegalAlien

Anyone who is vaping carts right now is just plain stupid. Fake carts are even showing up in dispensaries so even the ones that look real and come from a trusted source.... could still lead to death or permanent lung damage.

To vape carts after knowing that is nothing but what I said..... stupid.

This vitamin E oil and mineral oil and other long chains are doing PERMANENT damage. To me, that's just not worth the risk.

All this press got the ball rolling and they will be regulated very soon. Until then, rosin and flowers for me.

JMO
Is rosin safer than live resin; or is it the same thing? Rosin isn't flash frozen as is live resin but is that the main difference? I don't think either one uses chemical extraction methods.

LegalAlien,

Planck

believes in Dog
I didn't read the articles.

I hope they stress that Dank Vapes is just empty packaging.
There is no Dank Vapes company, it's smoke and mirrors.

So we know that 56% of independent illegal concentrate sellers choose the same fake package. Hallelujah we are saved. :doh:

Tranquility

I didn't read the articles.

I hope they stress that Dank Vapes is just empty packaging.
There is no Dank Vapes company, it's smoke and mirrors.

So we know that 56% of independent illegal concentrate sellers choose the same fake package. Hallelujah we are saved. :doh:
From the article:
Of those hospitalized for vaping lung illnesses, 56 percent said they had used Dank Vapes.

The next most commonly reported brands were TKO (used by 15 percent of victims), Smart Cart (13 percent) and Rove (12 percent).

Most 'Dank Vapes' aren't a brand at all.

Investigations and busts of vape shops have uncovered packaging branded as Dank Vapes, which is sold on its own, to use with any counterfeit products.

For months, the CDC has warned against buying bootleg or counterfeit vaping products - particularly those that involve THC, the psychoactive component of marijuana.​

Tranquility,
Reactions: Planck

darbarikanada

Is rosin safer than live resin; or is it the same thing? Rosin isn't flash frozen as is live resin but is that the main difference? I don't think either one uses chemical extraction methods.

you might have better luck posting this in the concentrates section

darbarikanada,
Reactions: LegalAlien

Tranquility

Tranquility,
Reactions: macbill

Tranquility

The plan to fight the scourge.

https://thecannabisindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/NCIA-Safe-Vaping-WP_Jan27_v3.pdf

Basically:
...The illicit market has continued to flourish for a number of reasons. First, high taxes imposed on compliant operators and their customers handicap a licensee’s abilities to effectively compete against illegal operations and encourage consumers to shop at unlicensed shops. Second, cities’ and counties’ unwillingness to either open their local jurisdiction to licensed commercial cannabis activities or issue enough retail licenses to satisfy local demand has compelled certain experienced actors in the industry to enter the underground market. Finally, the current level of law enforcement is ineffective at either deterring illegal actors or meaningfully disrupting the underground cannabis industry as a whole. Therefore, in order to permanently displace cannabis’s illicit market, regulators must lower taxes on compliant businesses and their customers, work to expand the market by providing a licensure pathway to unlicensed operations, and re-shift focus from raiding illegal retail storefronts to permanently dismantling illicit cultivation operations....​

Tranquility,
Reactions: macbill

ginolicious

Not to really keep going in this thread. But I got into a fight with 4 nurses the other day regarding vaping flower. I know this is more about the carts in this thread.

I suffered a phenumothorax back in 2013. A few weeks ago I had a blood clot in my lung. So the nurses I know got all pissed off about that I vape and that the clot could have caused a pulmonary embolism. They told me I should be smoking joints over vaping my flower. As when you vape it does something to the weed and will cause issues. Like they say the process of vaping causes issues.

C No Ego

Not to really keep going in this thread. But I got into a fight with 4 nurses the other day regarding vaping flower. I know this is more about the carts in this thread.

I suffered a phenumothorax back in 2013. A few weeks ago I had a blood clot in my lung. So the nurses I know got all pissed off about that I vape and that the clot could have caused a pulmonary embolism. They told me I should be smoking joints over vaping my flower. As when you vape it does something to the weed and will cause issues. Like they say the process of vaping causes issues.
that sounds like pseudoscience ... what can they even think vaping flower does to weed? and to recommend smoking it is just ignorant LOL

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
I've had lung problems, and so has my daughter - and it was all due to smoking (cigs and weed). Stopped smoking cigs 30 yrs ago, stopped smoking weed 10 yrs ago. We only vape flower now and our lungs are perfectly fine. I have had asthma all my life and I can vape flower all day with zero problems.

I would say, however, that cartridge vaping is another story. Even without the deadly additives, oil carts are a lot rougher on the lungs than flower.

My guess is that these nurses don't know the difference between vaping weed versus oil

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My guess is that these nurses don't know the difference between vaping weed versus oil

This is another common misconception in the community, when you vaporize flower you're specifically inhaling vaporized oils. The oils in concentrates are the same ones in the flower to begin with, just like expressing olive oil from olives. You cannot vape cannabis without inhaling oils.

ginolicious

This is another common misconception in the community, when you vaporize flower you're specifically inhaling vaporized oils. The oils in concentrates are the same ones in the flower to begin with, just like expressing olive oil from olives. You cannot vape cannabis without inhaling oils.

Based on your comment it doesn’t matter what you vape and still at risk?

ginolicious,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

Time to find some new nurses.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah. I would normally say to listen to your medical care providers.

However, in this case I would scream for them to get the fuck out of the room, and probably bean a couple of them in the side or back of the head with hurled items from the collection of anything I can reach from the bed. And, if they did anything but leave immediately when I told them to do so, then full cans of soda are +1 points if you can get them in either of the temples or the jaw.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Yeah. I would normally say to listen to your medical care providers.

However, in this case I would scream for them to get the fuck out of the room, and probably bean a couple of them in the side or back of the head with hurled items from the collection of anything I can reach from the bed. And, if they did anything but leave immediately when I told them to do so, then full cans of soda are +1 points if you can get them in either of the temples or the jaw.
I'm sure they would have needles full of something worse that cannabis to shoot in yo Ass if you start throwng things LOL... they will treat you like a rabid monkey man

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm sure they would have needles full of something worse that cannabis to shoot in yo Ass if you start throwng things LOL... they will treat you like a rabid monkey man

Yeah. Probably. lol :lol:

Ramahs,
Reactions: C No Ego

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
Based on your comment it doesn’t matter what you vape and still at risk?

I'm late to this thread, just wanted to chime in as I also suffered a pneumothorax 2013, the doctors screwed up every part of my treatment, I spent a 8 days rather than the usual 3-4 days in hospital and they allowed air back into the cavity which left me with a squelch in my chest for a week after I got home. As others have said vaping flower is still inhaling thc in an oil form, amd it was the additives to carts. I find if I vape heavily I can still feel some chest pain at the end of the day so I normally take a day, maybe two off then. Your lungs will natuarlly process and expel any built up oil and particulate from vaping which deposits in your lung. The problem is your body can only work so fast, for those of us with sensitive lungs we really need to pay extra attention to what we vape, the equipment we use and how frequently we vape.

I found vaping with my RBT splinters and the standard direct path stems, even the spiky ones caused way too much irritation for me and after the switch to the lamart nub stem a lot of the irritating ceased. You can see after a few days how much flower particles deposit in the nub stem as the vapor it redirected through, I've not had as many problems with dynavaps but there is a huge difference in airflow and how the heat the flower.

ginolicious

I'm late to this thread, just wanted to chime in as I also suffered a pneumothorax 2013, the doctors screwed up every part of my treatment, I spent a 8 days rather than the usual 3-4 days in hospital and they allowed air back into the cavity which left me with a squelch in my chest for a week after I got home. As others have said vaping flower is still inhaling thc in an oil form, amd it was the additives to carts. I find if I vape heavily I can still feel some chest pain at the end of the day so I normally take a day, maybe two off then. Your lungs will natuarlly process and expel any built up oil and particulate from vaping which deposits in your lung. The problem is your body can only work so fast, for those of us with sensitive lungs we really need to pay extra attention to what we vape, the equipment we use and how frequently we vape.

I found vaping with my RBT splinters and the standard direct path stems, even the spiky ones caused way too much irritation for me and after the switch to the lamart nub stem a lot of the irritating ceased. You can see after a few days how much flower particles deposit in the nub stem as the vapor it redirected through, I've not had as many problems with dynavaps but there is a huge difference in airflow and how the heat the flower.

That’s terrible. Yeah I been vaping since 2015. I took a break from everything after the incident. I didn’t need treatment. My lung went back to normal on its own within 7 days. I get the odd chest pain here and there. I vape so little now a days. I was ripping huge bongs and smoking cigarettes and half ounces a week. Now an ounce can last me months. I basically vape a .1-.2 during the week. 1-2 bowls. And then on weekends I may vape 3-4 tops. Will never go above a gram. For some reason just can’t. Haha. I’m also using a lot more CBD flower as of late

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I was under the impression that it is an oil. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing at all.

Okay, so maybe I'm very wrong here, maybe what I refer to are actually „lipids“, but I thought what we inhale are mainly resins. Wouldn't we dry herb vapers suffer the same problems if it actually was (fatty, lipidious) oil?

Siebter,
Reactions: Cilleire
Top Bottom