1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vape Carts Health Crisis Megathread

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by vapirtoo, Aug 26, 2019.

1. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

2. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

I don't have a cite as I heard him speaking on the radio, but, Trump said there's a big report coming out next week on vaping. Many recommendations and findings. While the answer seemed to focus on ecigs, you never know where things will go.

3. Kimosabe

Kimosabe Educator/Cannabis Evangelist

"As cases of vaping-related illnesses reach 2,051, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has announced a “breakthrough” in the search for a cause — the first identified toxicant: vitamin E acetate."

On Nov. 5 - The CDC released the following M&M report::

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html#what-we-know

On Nov. 8 - The Washing Post published this article
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...it-found-vaping-related-lung-injuries-deaths/

Never the less, histological samples run by recognized teaching hospital university labs report this disease is consistent with Cadmium Pneumonitis. Silver solder from China has this element and is used in the cheap pens.

I have reached out to a number of manufacturers and the ONLY one reporting back was Vessel.
    Their info:
    Thank you for your message.

We are using stannum base solder on welds, which is cadmium free. Since our device is button activated and air intake hole is on the body module instead of end cap, the welding parts should have no influence on health. No air would enter from the end cap and brings any hazardous substances into consumers lungs.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Kind regards,
    Vessel Support

Vessel is expensive, but coupons are out there from Leafly and elsewhere, they are known to be stackable and Black Friday is around the corner.

Disclaimer: I am a registered medical cannabis user. I have no relationship to Vessel, own no stock or other interest in this company. I do own a Vessel battery, as well as Yocann, Lynx, MIG, etc.

4. CANtalk

CANtalk Well-Known Member

5. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

Is it OK to go back in the water, Mommy?

6. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

It's always been fine, as long as you research your brand first.

7. hafalump

hafalump Well-Known Member

8. TommyDee

TommyDee Vaporitor

Paper Tigers - There was a time that I would not believe this could happened in the USA. WTF :mental:

9. Kimosabe

Kimosabe Educator/Cannabis Evangelist

When desirables are made illegal or too damned expensive, the opportunity for fraud exists.
    Wasn't there some young dude manufacturing 50,000 carts a day and was he not using E-acetate thickener?
    At that rate of production, could not this guy be the 'Typhoid Mary' of lipoid oneumonitis (if that is the culptit from oils not metal fumes,

Anyone who has vaped a black market cart in recent days or weeks and subsequently developed shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, weakness, and tiredness should see a physician. Bring the cart.

-I say bring the pen too, and demand it be sent through the gas chromatograph. Chances are you will see significant Cadmium peaks, I say.

The Leafly article is good, but devoid of references. Truth that cannot be verified is a half-truth.
    Just because the President says it does not make it legal - ask Richard Nixon or David Cavet!

10. TommyDee

TommyDee Vaporitor

What I didn't get is what changed in Honey Oil between founding in '18 and when shit hit the fan in Aug'19.

11. darbarikanada

darbarikanada Well-Known Member

hopefully, testing will shed more light on this, but one possible explanation would be that in the quick uptick in demand, honey cut's supplier(s) got sloppy - there might've been a production run that got tainted.

TommyDee likes this.
  12. Siebter

Siebter Active Member

While cadmium is not healthy, I think exposure to it will mostly be followed by long term symptoms¹, while the cases being discussed here are most likely caused by a relatively short term usage of a harmfully cut product. Lipid pneumonia is caused by lipids / fat, such as vitamin e acetate.

¹https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/181/2/127/2739253

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 8:38 PM

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors