vapcap m vs omnivape titanium

hiwhatsup

Hi,
im trying to decide between these two vaporizers, can anyone advise me out of experience which one i should get and answer these questions?
1.Are the ss ccds better than the ti ones? (the ti design seems to have bigger chinks, is material being let through?)
2.steel vs ti tip: which one heats up quicklier and which one maintains vaping temperature longer?
3.how useful is the air/vapor ratio adjustment on the omni and how is the airflow compared to the m (some say that on the omni you have better airflow when drawing with the carb closed)? Is drawing with a completely closed carb on the vapcap m/ omni a good technique?
4. is a dynavap good for vaping in a group (3-4 people)?
5.how many hits does it take to get you very high?
thanks

hiwhatsup,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Hi,
im trying to decide between these two vaporizers, can anyone advise me out of experience which one i should get and answer these questions?
1.Are the ss ccds better than the ti ones? (the ti design seems to have bigger chinks, is material being let through?)
2.steel vs ti tip: which one heats up quicklier and which one maintains vaping temperature longer?
3.how useful is the air/vapor ratio adjustment on the omni and how is the airflow compared to the m (some say that on the omni you have better airflow when drawing with the carb closed)? Is drawing with a completely closed carb on the vapcap m/ omni a good technique?
thanks
1. The Ti CCDs have slightly better airflow than the SS ones. Not sure how noticeable it is in use though. They do let more of the really fine material through because of the bigger holes. Also, I've noticed the SS CCD in my M seems to clog up faster than the Ti one in my NonaVonG.

2. In my opinion, the Ti tip is far superior to the SS one. To answer your question, the Ti tip heats up faster, but the SS tip retains heat longer. Keep in mind the Ti tip has much better airflow than the SS tip, with deeper grooves and notches at the end to let the air in. With the carb closed on my M, it almost feels like there's absolutely no air getting through at all -- it's never this restricted with my Ti tip. Also, the Ti tip seems to taste better than the SS one. Of course, taste is completely subjective so YMMV.

3. I don't have an omni mouthpiece (yet lol) but I am certain it is very useful, in the sense that you can just set your preferred air/vapor ratio and never have to worry about the carb if you don't want to. Whether or not you prefer this functionality is completely up to your individual tastes. My older Ti Woody stem is actually a little bit shorter than the standard length, and so naturally provides a mostly closed carb without even touching the carb hole. Similar to how an omni works (just without the easy adjustment), and I quite like it.

I already answered the airflow part of this question up in #2. Lol.

4. It might not be the best suited for group sessions, but it does work. I use it occasionally with up to 3 people and it works fine. May need to load a couple bowls depending on everyone's tolerance though. It's super easy to use, and if your friends still don't want to deal with heating it, you can heat it up and pass it. Just be very careful they don't grab the hot end!! I've had that happen before, it's not fun.

5. How many hits to achieve desired effects is completely subjective, and will vary wildly from user to user. What I can tell you is the VapCap is very efficient. You'll use much less herb than you're used to with combusting.

I hope this helps. You can't really go wrong with any of Dynavap's products, in my opinion. They all work great. Personally, I recommend a titanium-tipped VapCap, be it an Omni, a Woody, or a VonG. The Ti Glassy is cool too, though obviously glass is fragile.

:2c:

:peace:

Burt

I have both & broadly agree with Derrpp.

Nothing in the world of vapes beats the M for value, but the Omni feels more refined and I far prefer twisting the mouthpiece over feathering the carb hole. Just as the M is a total bargain, the Omni seems slightly pricey. I've never had any material come through either ccd (ground with an SCS fwiw). Neither are good on their own for 3-4 people, they both work best when jealously guarded. Taking hits from them takes practice, after a while you learn how to turn a single hit into something approaching a bong rip, strength-wise. It's a balance of how you pack the bowl, how & where you heat, how you restrict the airflow and how you inhale.

Everything VapCap does seems to work brilliantly, so you can't really go wrong. I'd say buy an M first unless money is no issue, in which case the Omni is your only man.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags

I would say the difference (if any) is negligible.

Ti. IME to have the same results from a ss tip you need to apply heat a bit longer.

I find it very useful because I use it through a bubbler at home and dry outside. I prefer to keep it fully open when hitting it dry to have cooler and smoother vapor while I prefer a more restricted draw through water. I usually start drawing with the carb open and I close it later to get more vapor at the and of the heat cycle.

Not really, for an average tolerance you need at least a full bowl. Also consider that your friends need to learn how to heat it or you'll be the one using a torch for everyone and with a group of 4 people it can be a tedious task.

Again it depends on your tolerance.

the Omni feels more refined

This. Compared to the worked body of the Omni the straight tube of the M is a bit ugly IMHO. The shallower mouthpiece, no knurling, no ramped part before the tip...

Top Bottom