VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Dynalowrider

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't. The Dynavap System is so versatile I like to mix it up. If I want flavor I use my Vector Urbano, (2 torch), out and about, I use my Pyramid or my Mini IH. I find the torches impart a different taste too the VC, from the IH. That's what I love about the VC, it's not boring. I can take my Mini into my local watering hole and vape in the corner without the torches roar, or use my 2 torch for flavor in my den. There are so many different ways to enjoy this little jewel, I never get tired of it.
Doc

Zabou

@Pipes do u know what DZ1 on board is reffering to? Tranzistor ? Resistor? I am confused :( and need a spare part to fix my induction heating board and technician keeps asking me that question.

Zabou,

rz

@Pipes do u know what DZ1 on board is reffering to? Tranzistor ? Resistor? I am confused :( and need a spare part to fix my induction heating board and technician keeps asking me that question.

What issues are you having with your build? Any idea what caused it? In these circuits, it's usually the transistors that go..

DZ1 is a zener diode. It's function is to limit the voltage applied to the gate of the transistors. The gate of theses transistors would get damaged if driven above 20V, and there's not much benefit in driving them much above 12v anyway.

The modules used can technically be driven with more than 20V, in which case, those zener diodes will prevent transistor damage. If the driving voltage has a safe margin, as does a 3S battery pack's maximum 12.6V, the zener diodes can even be omitted.

If you look at the schematic on the previous page, the zeners are D1 and D2.

OTOH, diodes D3 and D4 (on schematic from previous page) need to be ultra fast (Schottky works well), and are absolutely necessary for this circuit to oscillate properly.

Last edited:

Zabou

Thank u so much guys. I had issues with board overheating the coil. So much that connector 2 of output almost melt. I did the stupidity to connect the coil at the left hole of output with the middle and magic happened :) . After i researched the problem, i realized that coil must connect to the side holes on the output socket. :clap::clap:

Zabou,

ander

Since I ordered the Skelly my first thought have been to open up my old, dusty toys chest and start a serious project with my nephew... LEGO blocks proved to be perfect for the task, and here is our work...

The Skelly Vapor Factory

Skelly_front_02.jpg

Skelly_front_03.jpg

Skelly_rear_01.jpg

Skelly_rear_02.jpg

Skelly_rear_03.jpg

Skelly_top.jpg

Skelly_win.jpg

:D

PS: Hey Pipes... this thing is FUCKING AWESOME!

Last edited:

Phenix

my Induction Heater works finely! (tough only as wired version and not with batteries)

How long do you keep your vapcap in it til it clicks, and til when do you let it in for the first hit?

my cap clicks after 19sec - however I am noticing a plastic-melting-smell while heating. at 21sec it started smoking btw.. not that nice. ;/
used thin wires troughout the build, 4 AWG maybe?

Phenix,
Reactions: szai

szai

Man I thought the portside came with batteries! What a minor bummer! Actually it was more than a minor one but an easily remedied one. To the vap mobile torch wonder!

szai,

ander

How long do you keep your vapcap in it til it clicks, and til when do you let it in for the first hit?
With a "M", first round clicks after 6 secs, and with the 3-4 rounds that follow the time is halved. I let it there 1-2 seconds more than with flame. First 1-2 rounds feeble vapor, and then 2-3 really nice shots. I mean fast session... skelly, click, mouth... click, skelly, click, mouth... click :nod:. AVB is perfectly baked.

Your skelly case is:
FUCKING AWESOME!

Thanks mate! I can only recommend the Lego project: fits perfect, and it's a great fun. I've only drilled a bit the chimney to place a screw and mount the magnet, but the rest was simply a lucky and perfect fit.

Last edited:

abjake55

Tech Geek
So.... If I get my grandchildren to "help" me build one, does CPS get involved???? Big brother and all! :-(

abjake55,
Top Bottom