VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

CIWYW

I get an error while opening that link :(

27693681-2723-4b9b-8c6a-d53f4cdc1201
f3Sb6wJ.jpg

I also have fucked up my coil a bit. Does anyone know how to make this a beautiful coil again, or where I can get a replacement one?

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@CIWYW here's the picture, I posted from my fone earlier and it doesn't always play the game. Left hand cable go to the heater. Out on the board.
lobAlQ9.jpg

Get a cylinder the diameter you want the coil to be and place it inside the coil.
You can tighten the whole coil in different places and it will come good again, don't just tighten it from the ends.

CIWYW

@CIWYW here's the picture, I posted from my fone earlier and it doesn't always play the game. Left hand cable go to the heater. Out on the board.
lobAlQ9.jpg

Get a cylinder the diameter you want the coil to be and place it inside the coil.
You can tighten the whole coil in different places and it will come good again, don't just tighten it from the ends.
Thanks. I will try. Yeha I saw that picture too, but that trigger has 2 ends, and mine has 4. I guess I just have to have 1 pin per wire I guess. So 2 pins will not be used.

Okay, I tried indeed making it nicer again by pullign the ends. Guess I know now you must not do that.

Carl Hempel

Induction seriously improves the Vapcap experience, the rips I can get with a few dips in the PS Mini or Jarhead heater are immense - the heating feels more even and it's much faster. I very much appreciate the "battery free" Dynavap ethos, and it's very cool that the Cap can work so incredibly well with just a torch lighter as the power source... but once you've tried induction there ain't no turning back imo :love:

10OxFXF.jpg

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

This weekend I received my Pipes Mini Portside Induction Heater. :rockon:

Here's a picture of my Omni XL triplets & Induction heaters.

HQtsWtW.jpg

I've been using the Skelator at home and the Portside for out and about.

Now the Mini will be for out and about and since i really don't need the regular sized Portside, i will be listing it in the classifieds section shortly.

Edit: Portside Sold 5 minutes after i posted it.

Last edited:

stressed

This weekend I received my Pipes Mini Portside Induction Heater. :rockon:

Here's a picture of my Omni XL triplets & Induction heaters.

HQtsWtW.jpg

I've been using the Skelator at home and the Portside for out and about.

Now the Mini will be for out and about and since i really don't need the regular sized Portside, i will be listing it in the classifieds section shortly.

Edit: Portside Sold 5 minutes after i posted it.
:lol:

i just came back here to ask you to sell it to me.

i placed my order for the desk top and the mini. 2 months minimum wait. for the desktop. i'll go through a gallon of butane by then. :)

as an ex procurement professional, i'm used to expediting orders...so guys who are in line way before me, let me in your place in line, i'll give you $50 (in u.s.).

$60?

let's negotiate!

it's how my mind works. :)

b8man99

Can't wait for Pipes to get around to my Portside! Twisting my vapcap this much is wearing off my fingerprints. Hope you're not getting sick of the daily grind making these units.

In the meantime - Is it worth getting a Titanium tipped Vapcap for the induction heater or is the "M" enough/better?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Can't wait for Pipes to get around to my Portside! Twisting my vapcap this much is wearing off my fingerprints. Hope you're not getting sick of the daily grind making these units.

In the meantime - Is it worth getting a Titanium tipped Vapcap for the induction heater or is the "M" enough/better?

Fingerprints are overrated, the Induction Heater is not.

It's a game changer.

The M tip will work fine in the Induction Heater but will take a few seconds (mine = 4) past the click to reach optimum temp, the Ti tips will heat up quicker by a couple of seconds.

It very much depends on personal taste really, I prefer my M tip on a VonG style stem through a small glass bubbler. The M tip while taking longer to heat up also retains it's temp for longer, I find I get a longer pull with the M Tip which works for me as I'm drawing through a bubbler. If I was just toking natively on the VapCap (no water tool) then I'd use one of my Ti-Tips.

Hippie

I prefer a modded ss m tip with an IH for the longer duration at temperature to extract the bowl
Some prefer the Ti tip tho for the faster heat transfer and a faster extraction

I'm on the list and looking forward to trying a 7 fin Ti tip as I'm hoping it will be the best of both

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
By default, all have had the battery installed. Having a batteryless option is do to that exporting/importing batteries have many regulations. If problems do arise, then the batteryless option may come more into play. For now though, have not had any problems. Knock on wood! :uhoh:

DirtyD

Thanks a bunch! D. ( happy guy)

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
DirtyD,
Reactions: b8man99
Top Bottom