VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Edgedamage

Well last night my little black box worked great in the -17 weather. Still a 5sec click from a cold start, but the cool down click was way faster than normal. Glad I was not having to hold a lighter and having to wait for the click while shivering to death.

Squiby

Skelator Enclosure Obsessive (SEO) behaviour, whereupon the patient is constantly scanning and evaluating every object's suitability as a possible home for her/his Skelly.

I love this affliction! After trying out several possibilities, I finally settled on a vintage quart paint can. Neat. I like it. However, still I take measure of any potential container that I come upon. I think my spatial intelligence is being honed.

I can't post pics right now so forgive me when I say that I love seeing the depth of creativity and imagination in all the postings with pics of their PIHs. It's truly inspiring.

Off topic, re: spatial intelligence.

I knew a guy who had a 60s model station wagon. A real boat. Huge back end. He would visually size up a load of crap that he was moving somewhere. Then he would look over at that station wagon. Then back over to the crap heap. He would spend several minutes just staring back and forth from the wagon to the heap. Then he would start packing it all in. He always got it all in and it was astonishing to watch. He never took measurements with a tape measure or anything. It was like a magic show where an elephant gets into a car. This guy was the master of spatial intelligence.

yungstar

Finally got my batteries and was able to use my skeletor after having it for ages. It works awesome. I find it takes a while to get some vapor, but the heat up is so quick it's still faster than the lighter. I also need to clean my dynavap out so that's effecting it a bit too. Btw does the charger blink orange and green when plugged in? Is the skeletor supposed to be switched off when charging?

As for an enclosure, I found pretty much a perfectly fitting box at this art supply store called deserres in Quebec. You get two of these wooden pencil holders for 5 bucks that you can drop your skeletor into, or even use it as a cover. Exactly perfect fit just a few mm taller than the skeletor. Using one of those and some plywood to create my stand/box.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Can't help you on then when @Dynalowrider but I can say you and everyone else on the Mini list's will not be disappointed.
It makes me smile every time I have to recharge the battery, just over an hour.
Still getting a consistent amount of heat cycles, 15 being an average on the M tip.
IEeJdfo.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks @phattpiggie! It's a pitty. Would be pretty stealthy if it would fit. At least in Germany where witch-hunt to smokers just started.

Hogni,

yungstar

b9Km6kp.jpg

This is what I built with the upside down pencil box from deserres! Super happy with how perfect the box fit and how it all turned out considering I don't have any fancy tools and materials. The bottles are from Dollarama and were perfect for this. pipes induction heater skeletor enclosure

Still need to paint /stain and fasten the box to the ply wood, it's just resting on it at the moment and I won't permanently glue it together because I have the charger cord and battery level thing tucked in at the bottom.

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

Hogni

Yesterday I unfortunately ripped off the complete cable of the battery level indicator of my skeletor. No cable parts remained there.
Any advices for repair?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You will need to solder or have someone solder to fix it. The same connections are on the face side as well. You will need to scratch off some of the protective coating off beside the hole the wires came out of. Clear the coating to make a 1mm size solder pad on each side of the hole. As you look at it with writing, right side up, the positive is at the top. Good luck, :science:

A Mini update for the initial batch.

Everything is almost ready. Actually 4 units are done but want to release as a batch. Just waiting on a 2 ton punch I ordered off ebay to do the holes. Doing by stepping drill always makes me nervous as so easy to fuck up. Figured I'd take the plunge on this punch as an investment and make things a bit easier. So they should just be another couple weeks. :brow:
Seems by the response I've gotten over the Mini, I'm going to need all the help I can get.
Wait time is currently 2-3 months but that's just a guesstimate.
Carry on. :science:

Last edited:

Hogni

Thank you very much, Sir! :tup:
Have to look at it again. On the first view I only saw one wire.

Hogni,

Riverpeth

I agree, PV is great for vape products, however, as with DashVapes, the overall cost for 3 cells with shipping ends up at well over $50 bucks. That's just too rich for me. The US mentioned suppliers are much cheaper, specially if buying a few, as it's the shipping that hurts. The Canadian shipping isn't much better anyway.
Same with the Lipo batteries as well. US sellers are priced more competitive for them it seems, as there are battery specific shops. At least that's my findings. :hmm:
Just wanted to throw out another really great site I found, https://theherbcafe.com
Shipping in Canada closer to $10-15

Riverpeth,
Reactions: Squiby

DataRocks

Has anyone used an xbox 360 power supply for their induction heater? It seems to provide 12v, and 14~16 amps based on version, they are pretty reliable and safety tested. And these days you can buy the whole xbox for about ~$30, so there might be some cheap supplies around...

DataRocks,
Reactions: AtomicPB

yungstar

It seems like my skeletor is working perfectly in terms of functioning, but I'm coming across an issue where the bottom of the cap is heating up way faster than the rest and clicking way too soon. I'm getting combustion on one end and not much brown color on the other end. Any suggestions?

yungstar

Ah you're right. Changing how I draw is making it work properly. I think the stuff i have right now is way too fine and clogging the screen up a bit as well. Will need to change things up a bit but it works great.

Phenix

Short But is a Plan female 10mm adapter suitable ?

Do you think it’s possible to bongVape with the induction heater? For sure one could use a whip but would a 10mm female work as well.?

CIWYW

Hello, I ordered all the parts from the spreadsheet, but I have some troubles setting it all up. I was wondering if there is a latest scheme available for how everything needs to be hooked up. Does anyone has that?

I am intending in using the 3 batteries version.

CIWYW,
Reactions: Phenix
Top Bottom