VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

warrenjeffrey

Hey @Pipes , I’m extremely interested in purchasing one of these heaters from you. Your work looks awesome man! Could you please let me know how to go about this? Price, shipping, etc.. thank you! I would be stoked to be added to the ever growing waiting list and wait my turn in line. Please let me know. Thanks again!

warrenjeffrey,
Reactions: Pipes

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
this thread is 57 pages.... that is easily read in a couple of days even by a terrible reader like myself. there is soooo much info in this thread. to all the new people coming here for the first time, take a read, trust me, you will be glad you did

oneizm

Just received my portside last night. Worked very well for about two hours and then it just stopped working randomly in the middle of the session. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

The batteries were 3 Samsung 25r batteries I put in. Took them out to check the charge and they were all at around 3.9v on my external charger when the unit stopped working, so I don't think it's the batteries, but I can't seem to get the unit to turn back on. Did I break my portside already?
What ever happened here? this is the exact same amount of time mine worked for. Did you end up having to send it back?

oneizm,

nimrod337

What ever happened here? this is the exact same amount of time mine worked for. Did you end up having to send it back?

Similar thing happened to me. I read earlier in this thread that this can happen after touching the board. Plug it back into the charger, and try again. Seems that plugging the charger in will reset it. This is why you want a case for it!

Also, has anyone experimented with using stainless steel screens instead of titanium ones in their Ti VapCaps? I was going to order a few more titanium ones, but thought having some more steel in the bottom of the bowl might help distribute heat more evenly. Will the stainless screens even heat up?

Last edited:

Kermitt

I'm currently awaiting Pipes delivery. I'm a little afraid that customs could cause problems. In Germany, attention is often paid to whether electronic articles have a CE marking. Unfortunately there is no tracking of shipments.
Has someone from Germany ordered a PS and can report?

Nilsson

I'm currently awaiting Pipes delivery. I'm a little afraid that customs could cause problems. In Germany, attention is often paid to whether electronic articles have a CE marking. Unfortunately there is no tracking of shipments.
Has someone from Germany ordered a PS and can report?

Same situation, Pipes shipped my PS on 17th if i remember correctly, no tracking, no idea if the PS is already in europe or germany or got held as hostage by customs.

sixstringsmash

Same situation, Pipes shipped my PS on 17th if i remember correctly, no tracking, no idea if the PS is already in europe or germany or got held as hostage by customs.

I don't know if its different for you or not but if you payed by paypal you should have gotten an email saying something like "Your purchase will be shipped by Paypal shipping with Canada Post". The email itself doesn't have tracking but if you click on the link on the email to view the transaction details and log into your paypal there should be a tracking number shown there. I'm not sure if it's different being shipped to the EU but you should be able to get a tracking number.

Nilsson

I don't know if its different for you or not but if you payed by paypal you should have gotten an email saying something like "Your purchase will be shipped by Paypal shipping with Canada Post". The email itself doesn't have tracking but if you click on the link on the email to view the transaction details and log into your paypal there should be a tracking number shown there. I'm not sure if it's different being shipped to the EU but you should be able to get a tracking number.

Yes, there is a tracking number that no post online office recognizes.

seanuleh

I've just tried building my own one. I bought one of those induction heaters off ebay. I took apart the coil that came with it and wrapped 6 turns tightly around an old protank mini 3 glass. I plugged in a LiPo battery directly (just to test everything). My quick little test setup looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/RYJvc

When i plugged in the battery, the blue LED was on solid, so I thought everything was okay. But as soon as I introduced the vapcap into the glass there was sparks on the ZVS board. So I immediately pulled it out and disconnected the LiPo. I'm too scared to try again. What happened, what have I done wrong? Is my coil too short? Any help would be appreciated here.

edit: I just plugged the LiPo back in, the LED still powers on solid blue. Too scared to try inserting the vapcap in the coil until someone can tell me everything is kosher or I've done something horribly wrong.

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
It looks like you might be a winding or two shy however should still work.
Did you clean all the enamel off the end of the coil that you cut?
Using those supplied screw down connectors is not really recommended.
I'm surprised it's still working after a sizzle. Those FET drivers short in a heartbeat if things aren't solid.
Good stuff, love seeing others give it a go.
:science:

cenzo6969

Mine arrived last week. 10day to Australia.
Through 3 fully charged batteries and away it went. Works really well. No spinning or flames, it's awsome and whom ever uses a vapcap realy should have one.
It fits really well with my rotation and now receives alot more love.
Thanks Pipes :clap:

Healthierlifestyle

Currently on page 43/58 of this thread but just got back from my vacation and it looks like christmas came early! Skeletor arrived along with some new glass ordered. Looks like im due for some testing throughout the next couple of days along with building my container for the skeletor.

Excited to try this baby out and see what all the hoopla is about!

HOOPLA! :haw:

Top Bottom