• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Newcastle

Stoned!
How long will a battery last on a PSM? I ordered a new battery after mine stumbled two charges in a row. Its worked like a champ ever since I ordered the battery. Mine is eighteen months old and driven hard daily.

Newcastle,
Reactions: Pipes

TommyDee

Vaporitor
500-1000 complete charge cycles is the normal life. There are caveats in that manufacturers have to say when your cell no longer performs 'optimally' and should be replaced. That could be 90% or 80% capacity. That means there are a lot of dregs left. Mostly Li-Po battery packs tend to unbalance and could use a true balance charge every so often. I don't know how the BMS works in the PSM.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
For those that have been searching for a quality travel case for their Port Side Mini, I believe I’ve found the one. I should mention that my PSM won’t arrive till next week so can’t be absolutely sure of the fit at this juncture. However, the case arrived today and have been testing it with the Caldron which has the same width and thickness dimensions but 32 centimetres less in height.

Here’s what I found: The thickness fit (front to back) is perfect (43mm). The width of the case is about 69mm, about 3 to 4mm wider than the PSM. The height of the PSM is 100mm and is also within a comfortable measured 2 to 3mm+ under the height of the case. So at this juncture the fit looks like it going to be very good. I should add that the case is in a vertical configuration, the same as the PSM.

What I haven’t mentioned is the case is all constructed of top grade leather (not synthetic leather) and all fittings are quality metal. The construction is professional and flawless, and the appearance is top shelf all the way. The case is available in 7 different dyed colors. I chose black for stealth, although the natural brown shade was very tempting.

The case offers two convenient methods of carry; either on your belt or by an included adjustable leather shoulder strap with metal snap hook attachments. The top of the case opening is held by a strong magnet, and will easily flip up and out of the way exposing the working parts of the PSM perfectly.

When the PSM arrives I’ll post and give the final verdict including photos. But from all data to date it appears I’m going to be able to have a simple, hands free, secure, and stealth way to carry and use the PSM while out and about. Have a good weekend folks.

endof3d,
Reactions: TommyDee

endof3d

Forgot to mention that the cost of the case is under twenty dollars Canadian.:)

endof3d,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Ya gonna link us up? A few 4-5 millimeters could house a few tools in a flat-case, don't you think? :clap:

TommyDee,

endof3d

@TommyDee This is disturbing. Having trouble posting the huge link from Amazon. Search for Mega Gear camera bags. Have to go but will try getting the link working later.

endof3d,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
This one? Definitely some nice leather :nod:

b9727ab692a47fd19ca4e3ee49a8beed.w1500.h750._SX1000_SY380_.jpg

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hi guys, I have some bad news but hoping it's a very temporary situation. My parts sources from China have become very slow and in fact, haven't actually received anything for a few weeks. I even have shipments with tracking numbers but couriers have not picked up. Not sure how things will pan out but hoping and praying this CoronaVirus crisis works itself out. Scary stuff and think we are not being told the whole story but that's a completely different conversation. If feeling the urge to discuss the CoronaVirus please link to an appropriate thread. :tup:
On the bright side, I'm getting well ahead on the pre-work of getting the harnesses and wiring ready. Basically the tedious stuff. So once I get more drivers and batteries, things will get back on track.
For those who are already on the list, I'm still assembling the last few and should have enough to cover orders going back 3 weeks. Batteries are the first hold up and also have been shipped but tracking information shows as "on hold" with UPS. Hoping its just a quarantine period. These will allow me to be up to date to last week.
Sorry about this situation but a small inconvenience compared to this crisis's big picture.
My prayers and thoughts go out to those countries affected. :luv:

Bortz

Per the PSM MegaGear pouch: I think it's not actually leather. In the description, product details, it is listed as High Quality PU Leather. I wasn't sure, so I looked it up. I found this:

"PU leather is an artificial leather material made with split leather (that's the fibrous part of the hide left over from making genuine leather) which has been coated with polyurethane (hence the name “PU”), and then applied to the surface of the furniture."

That being said, I'm still probably going to buy one. I've been looking for a good carry solution and I think this nails it!

Pipes also shipped my PSM yesterday....:science:

And thanks again Pipes, hopefully things will clear up soon!!

endof3d

Bortz is correct. In my rush to find dimensions for the case, their not listed anywhere online, I didn’t notice the PU. My bad. So this is NOT a 100% leather case. The maker, Mega Gear chose to bond a thin sheet of durable, water repellent/proof synthetic material that would be exposed to the elements to a thicker piece of split leather (real leather) for the purpose of protecting expensive cameras. Makes good sense considering exposed leather can absorb water and potentially damage sensitive camera gear.

The PSM arrived today and the case top flap was not quite as easy to close as desired. The magnets still aligned and locked tight, but with little margin. This was do to the additional hardware that sits above the PSM case extending the 100 mm height several mm; as well as the marginally rounded design of the case bottom. Since it’s mostly leather it was relatively easy to create the right amount of ease to make it close perfectly, every time. Security wise, when the case is inverted and shaken vigorously their is no inside movement of the PSM, or failure of the strong magnetic closure caused by the force. MG did their home work.

Mega Gear cases are designed to custom fit different brands of cameras. In this category of cameras they offer six sizes; each slightly different in height, width and depth measurements. The case that I chose was designed to fit the Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 series.

As mentioned before, the quality and workmanship is top shelf and the fit, design and ease of use is exactly what I was looking for. You of course could have a different experience. If you have any questions I suggest reading the initial review a few post up first. If you were wondering where the case is made it’s Turkey.

Bortz

@endof3d The weather resistance was a factor I had not considered for the PU layer. I was trying to figure out what the benefit of that would possibly be. Most certainly makes sense as a barrier when housing electronics.

Thank you for your research and for putting this on the radar! Just ordered one for my impending PSM.

The snug fitment is a plus to me, means the leather should break in for that perfect, glove-like, fit.

:cheers:

Bortz,
Reactions: endof3d

endof3d

@endof3d The weather resistance was a factor I had not considered for the PU layer. I was trying to figure out what the benefit of that would possibly be. Most certainly makes sense as a barrier when housing electronics.

Thank you for your research and for putting this on the radar! Just ordered one for my impending PSM.

The snug fitment is a plus to me, means the leather should break in for that perfect, glove-like, fit.

:cheers:
Probably would have kept searching for a case if I had originally seen the PU descriptor. Really glad I didn't.

Last edited:
endof3d,

MinnBobber

Portside Mini issue: stays on when vcap is removed. Master on/off then needed to turn it off.

Anyone else have this problem? What is the fix?
Thanks

MinnBobber,

Tehdef

Hey guys. Got my cauldron but it’s creating an indent and dark circle from the activation point.

I assume this is normal, based on design, but will it eventually adversely affect performance or other unforeseen issues?

thanks!

Tehdef,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
This comes up from time to time and boils down to the user pressing too hard.
Now, this could just be you have a heavy hand or the switch is too hard to press. If you find it hard to push, check the Orings seating around the pearl center are not displaced.
Either way, please PM if problem continues. :cool:

MAbud

@Pipes love my mini and use it daily. However, I’m now down to just a single blue light on 1st extraction after a charge. Is there anything I should be doing differently to try and help battery life?

MAbud,
Top Bottom