• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

flammy

Oh I'm definitely going to grab a Caldron when Pipes gets to me on the list - just a random thought I had while waiting.

Thanks a ton!

I'm in the US and have had two shipments from Pipes so far...none have been an issue. Both arrived within a week. I also know that Pipes is the one that furnishes IH parts to Phattpiggie for his custom enclosures and they also make it across the pond without issue.

Where are you located?

flammy,

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
I'm in the US and have had two shipments from Pipes so far...none have been an issue. Both arrived within a week. I also know that Pipes is the one that furnishes IH parts to Phattpiggie for his custom enclosures and they also make it across the pond without issue.

Where are you located?

Not too far (geographically) from Pipes TBH. And I'm generally not too worried - the body I got from Winegum's Woodcrafts I think was just the exception to the rule (and it totally wasn't their fault either - definitely just sat in customs for a solid two weeks).

Definitely excited to have an IH again, as my OG Lucid Customs box was 'lost' (read: stolen) during a move.

arrjaytea,

flammy

Yeah, if you're in Canada, you should be just fine. From what I understand, he ships them everywhere.

flammy,

djp1313

Where are you located?
Hi there,
How can I contact Pipes? I was directed to this site to look for @Pipes but I can’t find any link to him.
Thanks

flammy

Hi there,
How can I contact Pipes? I was directed to this site to look for @Pipes but I can’t find any link to him.
Thanks

Hey there...send @Pipes a message and he will get you squared away. When you left click his user name, a dialogue box pops up...one of the options is 'Start a Conversation'...click that and it will take you to the page where you can send him a message.

Welcome to FC! I wonder how many people joined FC just to get one of @Pipes induction heaters.

Last edited:

djp1313

Hey there...send @Pipes a message and he will get you squared away. When you left click his user name, a dialogue box pops up...one of the options is 'Start a Conversation'...click that and it will take you to the page where you can send him a message.

Welcome to FC! I wonder how many people joined FC just to get one of @Pipes induction heaters.
Funny I figured it out as soon as I sent the message.
I sent him a message.
Well that’s the reason I’m here to contact him about a heater.
I’m glad I found this because it looks like a great site.
I’m sure I will be spending some time on here for various other stuff.
Thanks for your help.

djp1313

Hi there,
Thanks
Hi thanks for the information! I was able to contact Pipes yesterday and he put me on the list for the Caldron I was interested in.
I’m in the United States. NY.

djp1313,
Reactions: Squiby

djp1313

Just paid for mine and can not wait. :rockon:
I haven’t gotten to the payment part yet.
Just added to the list.
I will only be using it at home so electric won’t be an issue but I’m still interested in the battery Portside Mini.
At this time I don’t think I really need it though.

djp1313,
Reactions: Squiby

flammy

I haven’t gotten to the payment part yet.
Just added to the list.
I will only be using it at home so electric won’t be an issue but I’m still interested in the battery Portside Mini.
At this time I don’t think I really need it though.

I have a PSM and a couple of Cauldrons. I don't use the PSM often since getting Cauldrons but when it's needed, it's very convenient. Just went out of town for the weekend. Traveled with PSM and Omnivong and only had to recharge once.

djp1313

I have a PSM and a couple of Cauldrons. I don't use the PSM often since getting Cauldrons but when it's needed, it's very convenient. Just went out of town for the weekend. Traveled with PSM and Omnivong and only had to recharge once.
I just asked to be put on the PSM list as well as the Caldron.
I’m sure a day will come up that I wished I had a battery unit.
Can’t hurt to have one.
Thanks

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy

i just got my caldron a couple weeks ago and i am already thinking about getting the portside mini :-)

I think I'm going to be going a similar route to the two of you, but I think I'm going to order the bare bones components for a PSM clone and just try to do my own build and enclosure there once I've come up with an idea for the housing.

Caldron seemed like the best bet to get me back up and running quickly, but after seeing how easy to assemble the bare bones kit is, I definitely have the itch to get a little creative here.

And I'm positive that since I'm going to the FAM show in Madison this week, and 100% going to run into George and the Dynavap crew, that I'm going to come home with some more goodies that will only further my desire to dick around with a portable.

Last edited by a moderator:

flammy

I think I'm going to be going a similar route to the two of you, but I think I'm going to order the bare bones components for a PSM clone and just try to do my own build and enclosure there once I've come up with an idea for the housing.

Caldron seemed like the best bet to get me back up and running quickly, but after seeing how easy to assemble the bare bones kit is, I definitely have the itch to get a little creative here.

And I'm positive that since I'm going to the FAM show in Madison this week, and 100% going to run into George and the Dynavap crew, that I'm going to come home with some more goodies that will only further my desire to dick around with a portable.

For what it's worth, the PSM enclosure is solid and seems to be a really good option for the PSM. I slip a canned-beverage koozie over my PSM for a little added protection while traveling and it fits perfectly. Also comes with a battery indicator as well.
IMG-4064.jpg" alt="IMG-4064" border="0">

https://ibb.co/px5nkpn

I'm not saying that doing a custom enclosure is a bad idea...just pointing out the benefits of the enclosure that is supplied with the PSM.

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
For what it's worth, the PSM enclosure is solid and seems to be a really good option for the PSM. I slip a canned-beverage koozie over my PSM for a little added protection while traveling and it fits perfectly. Also comes with a battery indicator as well.
IMG-4064.jpg" alt="IMG-4064" border="0">

https://ibb.co/px5nkpn

I'm not saying that doing a custom enclosure is a bad idea...just pointing out the benefits of the enclosure that is supplied with the PSM.

Can totally appreciate that. I just also work in a creative field and like to build myself, so it's more that itch I'm looking to scratch than just having a portable.

flammy

Can totally appreciate that. I just also work in a creative field and like to build myself, so it's more that itch I'm looking to scratch than just having a portable.

I only wish that I was talented enough to do that. Good luck with the build and please post pics when you're done.

ExcessDope

Longtime lurker, new poster here. Added to the list sometime last week for a PSM. Can't wait! I've cobbled together my own rudimentary IH build, then upgraded to one of the early lucidCustoms boxes. Happy to finally get a portable option. This will truly be a game changer for me. Thanks for doin what you do @Pipes!

djp1313

Just dropped a new assembly in my PSM after the old switch went kaput!

Super easy, and definitely appreciate the new switch mechanism.

Took maybe 15~ or so minutes - so glad to have my IH back.

Torching is not the same D:
Just curious,
Where did you get the replacement parts? Super easy might not be for everyone.
I am a little challenged when it comes to repairing things. I’m on the list for a PSM.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Just curious,
Where did you get the replacement parts? Super easy might not be for everyone.
I am a little challenged when it comes to repairing things. I’m on the list for a PSM.

I just bought a new barebones assembly from Pipes, so it was all plug and play.

While it was tempting to fix it on my own, I like buying from Pipes knowing there really hasn't been any catastrophic failures of his units. The switch on my old assembly busted (I had the rhinestone switch unit) and I really didn't want to accidentally blow myself, my vapcap, or my stash up. Buying a barebones was cheap enough, and now I have a project, in case I ever decide to fix the old switch assembly myself (likely not as I do not want to blow up)

It was as simple as following this video.

djp1313

I just bought a new barebones assembly from Pipes, so it was all plug and play.

While it was tempting to fix it on my own, I like buying from Pipes knowing there really hasn't been any catastrophic failures of his units. The switch on my old assembly busted (I had the rhinestone switch unit) and I really didn't want to accidentally blow myself, my vapcap, or my stash up. Buying a barebones was cheap enough, and now I have a project, in case I ever decide to fix the old switch assembly myself (likely not as I do not want to blow up)

It was as simple as following this video.
Thanks for the information!

Top Bottom