VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

simanuel

Thanks, was not even the first time i was soldering something. And i tried it exactly as in the video. What i haven't noticed was that there was something wrong with my soldering iron so that it wasn't hot enough. Just a bad day... At least i have another induction heater here

simanuel,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
It doesn't look that bad. Don't see any lifted pads or other damage. Just messy solder patches.
Just reheat the pads to level out the solder and clean up with an old toothbrush and ISO. Will be ready to get new FETs in no time. :brow:

ezpz

Hey pipes
Been trying to pm you but an error message keeps popping up saying my message is spam-like.
I'm new to fuckcombustion. Still figuring it out.
Any ideas?
Would like to purchase a psmini and a bb set.

ezpz,
Reactions: Pipes

Chandler

New to induction heating but extremely interested! Browsing, i saw @phattpiggie had an amazing looking bocote wood portable... Are these diy , or something I could purchase?
Could someone provide an easy link to more info for portside mini?

Edit
I just read @Pipes infosheet... Link to your site please... Black Friday sale maybe?

Last edited:

Iainjmill

New to induction heating but extremely interested! Browsing, i saw @phattpiggie had an amazing looking bocote wood portable... Are these diy , or something I could purchase?
Could someone provide an easy link to more info for portside mini?

Edit
I just read @Pipes infosheet... Link to your site please... Black Friday sale maybe?
Just DM @Pipes or @phattpiggie best route, I've made 3 barebones kits into custom containers and can totally recommend @Pipes hardware which I know @phattpiggie uses. I am an IH convert and you seriously have to try it if you like the Vapcap, best regards mate

Chandler

I've made 3 barebones kits
awesome! So you have 3 setup. One in all your favorite places?
I'm not so great at the handy work I don't think I'd do a great job putting one together. How would you judge the ease of the building process?

Chandler,
Reactions: Squiby

Iainjmill

awesome! So you have 3 setup. One in all your favorite places?
I'm not so great at the handy work I don't think I'd do a great job putting one together. How would you judge the ease of the building process?
Not 3 for myself, one for son and one for a good friend. Custom wood box unless you have the tools and know how you would struggle to gt an outcome you'd be happy with. Honestly first I'd recommend is DM @phattpiggie I know he may be busy so if he cannot help you just now come back to me maybe I can.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Very nice @Iainjmill.
Unfortunately Lignum dust is not the kind of thing you want to breathing in so be careful anyone else thinking of trying it for themselves.
I always wear a 'forced air' face shield when I work with any wood.
Dust masks are pretty useless especially if you've got facial hair.
My latest IH enclosure is made from a piece of Yew.
20181128-133303.jpg

I'll be making some more as and when time allows.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Very nice @Iainjmill.
Unfortunately Lignum dust is not the kind of thing you want to breathing in so be careful anyone else thinking of trying it for themselves.
20181128-133303.jpg

Where do I sign up?

Iainjmill

Very nice @Iainjmill.
20181128-133303.jpg

Seriously mate @phattpiggie

seymourbud

Received my PSM about a week ago, have used it at nighttime when all in my house are asleep and it's time for my meds, and to say I couldn't be happier with the purchase would definitely be an understatement!

I was getting wispy hits before, or I had combusted a few times. Not too many uses of the vapcap were in between those. Now with the PSM, almost perfect hits each time. I have only used it 5 times, but so far so great! I was even able to tell a specific flower was not cured properly by the harshness of the hit.

Transaction was flawless, and @Pipes answered my questions (however "noobish" they were) almost as quickly as I asked them. If you are looking to upgrade your vapcap game/process, don't hesitate to purchase a PSM if you think it will fit into your lifestyle. Thanks @Pipes .

Summer

Long Island, NY

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I noticed that Bud has a tendency to tap the table with his VC cap down. I would recommend that if he wants to do this he should do it MP down so it pulls the good away from the hot cap rather than towards it so they don't combust or char by touching the cap. Just a thought...

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@cybrguy I'd be more worried about the cap jamming on the tip.

Triple concentrate loads using Muji pads.
After the first use, two different shatters and some wax.
20181208-210640.jpg

Still using the same piece of cotton with two different shatters and some rosin. The rosin always darkens like this.
20181208-213754.jpg

Chandler

Question on battery management for the portside mini.

Alot of evenings when I'm done with psm, the battery level is on the last blue... I always let it die completely before charging BUT am I really compromising the battery life if I top it up here and there?

Chandler,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, NiCads and NiMH batteries (much less so) needed to be run down or memory effects reduced their longevity. Lithium Ion are different and don't have those memory effects. I have gotten in the habit of topping up my smartphone and laptop batteries much more often than I did with previous chemistries.
Many (most) devices designed for Li-Ion shut down before the battery is totally drained to reduce damage from full depletion.

Chandler

You will be shortening your battery life if you let it drain completely.
what?? I'm thinking the complete opposite. I'm letting it drain completely before I charge it up, thinking I'm protecting its life span. Thanks

Chandler,
Reactions: stark1
Top Bottom