Vapars.com Little Magic Square Portable Vaporizer"Il piccolo quadrato"

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
CDS gave the idea of making a thread about this Italian vaporizer :).. That is a so called MFLB knock-off.
New design.. No harmful materials used.. AA batteries .. etc... Larger bowl.. Possibly will work with the MFLBPA :).
1 - Vaporizer Vapars.
1 - Box metal enclosure.
2 - Tubes of acrylic glass.
2 - AA Rechargeable Batteries with high amperage.
1 - Battery charger, high quality, with its power cord.
1 - cotton bag to carry your Vapars.
2 - elastic band to improve the closure.
2 - Caps battery cover, for better grip and insulation from the heat.
2 - clean your brushes Vapars

8118674.jpg
4696126.jpg

959981.jpg
2523835.jpg

3616586.jpg
9489892.jpg

812168.jpg
1508635.jpg

4444647_orig.jpg

9650350.jpg
5727899.jpg

1340146_orig.jpg

8535905.jpg
7788664.jpg

1890808.jpg
6483046.jpg

8798125.jpg
766027.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
:o wow

That's quite the knock off indeed! It's incredible lol Well discovered Abysmal- how did you find a home made italian language website in the depths of the internet? Are they advertising anywhere?

But there doesn't really seem to be any attempt at improvement of any kind, just copying the easy bits?. It doesn't seem to employ the same IR heating principles that MF claim though- more just a flat-ish trench with no magic geometry. Although bigger perhaps.

I do wonder if the square design would give a more secure lid in the pocket, reducing the need for rubber bands and catches? maybe not.

WatTyler,

robert denby

i dont get it! where is the air intake?
:ninja:
also is it me or does is look like the metal bars are installed via holes in the front? that will burn yr face if there is metal contact!
and its not even a solid piece of wood!
boo on all fronts. imma go home and make myself a better one tonite

robert denby,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
That screen seems to have ENORMOUS holes...The buildup will be massive but you might be able to unscrew it for cleaning purpose....weird!

FLskwat,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
wow...thats probably why MFLB offers the lifetime warranty...because their construction is so easy to duplicate maybe?

akwardsauce,

Abysmal Vapor

akwardsauce said:
wow...thats probably why MFLB offers the lifetime warranty...because their construction is so easy to duplicate maybe?
Yeah dude we all know how awesome mflb is.. Vapor Brothers was cool too... when DBV and SSV came...|
I wrote already an e-mail asking them what material are the bolts,bowl size.... Its is alluminium or Stainless steel if you ask me...
Do you see the two wholes.. both sides the mouth piece hole ?Thats air intake.. I think there was one more on the oposite side of the mouthpiece side..too.
Do you call the mflb wood solid ? I can leave a scar with my nail if i press gently.. lol...
MFLB is awesome but im bored of it... and its design and small bowl.. And i do prefer even a home made version.. ...that is why i posted this and why i wanna write a comparative review .. You never know .. this might be actually nice :p.. Any else thinks so ?
As long as makin one.. you can post your results.Their is a guy that has already success on making a homemade version.. . .. MFLB is simple by design and the heating element is even more simple..
Another expeted feature.. is that screen is easier to remove , and that can benefit the cleaning..
I also asked if they sell the unit alone.. that can reduce the price with 20 euro at least.. if they sell it whitout the charger and the tin box.. As soon as they reply me i will keep everyone informed.. and if you don't have the guts.. don't buy it... and wait till someone else to do that.. I just got a 10$ metal vapobowl that is doing far better job to me than my MFLB.. giving me better taste and the option of taking a monster rips if you want..

Abysmal Vapor,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Yes, it is. Very good point ! Basically i've just been seeing LB ripoffs [3 including this] and the patent has popped into my head each time.

WatTyler said:
Isn't it just a US patent?

McNerdius,

akwardsauce

Abysmal Vapor said:
akwardsauce said:
Yeah dude we all know how awesome mflb is.. Vapor Brothers was cool too... when DBV and SSV came...|
I wrote already an e-mail asking them what material are the bolts,bowl size.... Its is alluminium or Stainless steel if you ask me...
Do you see the two wholes.. both sides the mouth piece hole ?Thats air intake.. I think there was one more on the oposite side of the mouthpiece side..too.
Do you call the mflb wood solid ? I can leave a scar with my nail if i press gently.. lol...
MFLB is awesome but im bored of it... and its design and small bowl.. And i do prefer even a home made version.. ...that is why i posted this and why i wanna write a comparative review .. You never know .. this might be actually nice :p.. Any else thinks so ?
As long as makin one.. you can post your results.Their is a guy that has already success on making a homemade version.. . .. MFLB is simple by design and the heating element is even more simple..
Another expeted feature.. is that screen is easier to remove , and that can benefit the cleaning..
I also asked if they sell the unit alone.. that can reduce the price with 20 euro at least.. if they sell it whitout the charger and the tin box.. As soon as they reply me i will keep everyone informed.. and if you don't have the guts.. don't buy it... and wait till someone else to do that.. I just got a 10$ metal vapobowl that is doing far better job to me than my MFLB.. giving me better taste and the option of taking a monster rips if you want..

either way, i dont see what an owner of an mflb would gain by getting this (except another piece to put somewhere else for use), but the thing is so portable that i can just about take it anywhere...

i already got my mflb at a great price (much lower than this one even), so vapar is not really for me, but im sure people who live in europe may choose this one over the original just due to shipping costs alone...

either way, its interesting & id love to know what users think about it.

akwardsauce,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
akwardsauce said:

I don't follow your logic there, but if you read the Magic-Flight patent application you will see that that LB construction is not easy to duplicate at all. This knock-off will violate the MFLB patent when it is granted.

They haven't duplicated the MFLB construction, they've crudely imitated it. The unit is two pieces of wood screwed together. The screen is coarse and looks like an ordinary pipe screen. While that might work, from what I know about the LB the chances that it will be anywhere close to the LB are pretty slim. There's nothing on the site to say what materials are used, just a vague assurance that they're using "quality" materials. The price is about $112, or roughly the same as the MFLB. Why anyone who knows about the LB would opt for this one baffles me. In my opinion, this has all the ear-marks of a ripoff.

Speaking of warranties, there's no trace of one on that website.

pakalolo,

akwardsauce

pakalolo said:
akwardsauce said:

I don't follow your logic there, but if you read the Magic-Flight patent application you will see that that LB construction is not easy to duplicate at all. This knock-off will violate the MFLB patent when it is granted.

They haven't duplicated the MFLB construction, they've crudely imitated it. The unit is two pieces of wood screwed together. The screen is coarse and looks like an ordinary pipe screen. While that might work, from what I know about the LB the chances that it will be anywhere close to the LB are pretty slim. There's nothing on the site to say what materials are used, just a vague assurance that they're using "quality" materials. The price is about $112, or roughly the same as the MFLB. Why anyone who knows about the LB would opt for this one baffles me. In my opinion, this has all the ear-marks of a ripoff.

Speaking of warranties, there's no trace of one on that website.

what i meant by "easy-to-duplicate" is that there has been a few homemade vapes that work the same (in theory) as the mflb (that i have found).

i knew about the patent, but people can just make these at home/locally without any real legal issues. profiting on it is a different story...this company probably wont last very long...

ya id suggest the mflb over any of these just for their lifetime warranty, materials used, & customer service alone.

akwardsauce,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
McNerdius said:
Yes, it is. Very good point ! Basically i've just been seeing LB ripoffs [3 including this] and the patent has popped into my head each time.

WatTyler said:
What were the other knocks off that were made?
BTW how much is this going for? For some reason, I like this a bit better, maybe its because it looks smaller?

lesvape,

akwardsauce

lesvape said:
McNerdius said:

WatTyler said:
What were the other knocks off that were made?
BTW how much is this going for? For some reason, I like this a bit better, maybe its because it looks smaller?

the ones ive seen were no-name home-made versions when doing internet searches to see if it is something easy enough to build myself first.

this was the only one i saw that was branded, except for the mflb.

akwardsauce,
There's plans on instructables and similar type website for making your very own knocked off MFLB. In fact I saw some comments by a certain Awkwardsauce on one of them, hm... :)

To those thinking about making their own or buying this (interesting) Italian knockoff, mind that the MFLB people are awesome, generous, kind spirited and inventive. They deserve your money.

What a bunch of hacks, though! Look the sticker on the box, it's even vaguely MFLB logo-ish.

charliedontsurf,

akwardsauce

charliedontsurf said:
There's plans on instructables and similar type website for making your very own knocked off MFLB. In fact I saw some comments by a certain Awkwardsauce on one of them, hm... :)

To those thinking about making their own or buying this (interesting) Italian knockoff, mind that the MFLB people are awesome, generous, kind spirited and inventive. They deserve your money.

What a bunch of hacks, though! Look the sticker on the box, it's even vaguely MFLB logo-ish.

haha...ya...

but you are right...those people @ mflb are great!

akwardsauce,

stroh

errl enthusiast
looks like an extremely crude and inefficient design. bigger bowl pack means nothing if it will not heat the herbs uniformly.

stroh,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Id save your money, that thing looks poorly thought out and built.....and is a clear ripoff

SF Giant,

Abysmal Vapor

I had not advise anyone to buy it.. I am doing a research in it.. and i am waiting for response from the company.. As soon as i get one will post here?
So main concerns are ?
1)Inefficiency
2)Poor design
3)Hazard materials
Bolts,wood, stem ,heating element
4)Warranty issues..
5)Do they sell the vape alone without accessories .
Mflb people are truely awesome the only thing that is of worth in their package is the vape alone and the battery caps.. Everything else to me is pure crap.. The batteries that i receive were LSD not HSD.. and were very weak ,they did charge fast compared to what i use now 2900 mAh but suck a power and longivity.. One of the fabric bats even exploded in the original charger for 10 minutes.. after 2 weeks use.. Yeah i very much like battery fluid all around.. so i can get Parkinson's or ALS or some creepy decease ..
Also there is a lot of crap build up that is smelling under the screen that i personally cannot remove.. and i am often inhaling particles.. What i've noticed bout most American products is that their selling a quality main product and rip you off with overprised accessoaries .. bought at low cost(lower than you can imagine 30-50 cent/battery) 1 cent / battery cap.. ) and sold to you for dollars.. and claimed to be the same quality as the product ...
And for your information. If i need warranty for my MFLB i have to pay 1/3 of it's price to get it delivered for repair and i will have to deal with custom nightmares again.. and they can even arrest me and confiscate if they test is for THC.. expecially under the screen and where the stem joins..
I won't have that problem if there was a EU service..
Some whois record.. Use google translator.. if you don't know Italian..
http://whois.domaintools.com/vapars.com

"The Vapars vaporizers of various channels including traditional flow of steam, which function as the condensation of steam or heat must be reduced by inhaling steam because being built with simple materials the product cost is not high, and not likely to break during transport."

Abysmal Vapor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Abysmal Vapor said:
I had not advise anyone to buy it.. I am doing a research in it.. and i am waiting for response from the company.. As soon as i get one will post here?
So main concerns are ?
1)Inefficiency
2)Poor design
3)Hazard materials
Bolts,wood, stem ,heating element
4)Warranty issues..
5)Do they sell the vape alone without accessories .
Mflb people are truely awesome the only thing that is of worth in their package is the vape alone and the battery caps.. Everything else to me is pure crap.. The batteries that i receive were LSD not HSD.. and were very weak ,they did charge fast compared to what i use now 2900 mAh but suck a power and longivity.. One of the fabric bats even exploded in the original charger for 10 minutes.. after 2 weeks use.. Yeah i very much like battery fluid all around.. so i can get Parkinson's or ALS or some creepy decease ..
Also there is a lot of crap build up that is smelling under the screen that i personally cannot remove.. and i am often inhaling particles.. What i've noticed bout most American products is that their selling a quality main product and rip you off with overprised accessoaries .. bought at low cost(lower than you can imagine 30-50 cent/battery) 1 cent / battery cap.. ) and sold to you for dollars.. and claimed to be the same quality as the product ...
And for your information. If i need warranty for my MFLB i have to pay 1/3 of it's price to get it delivered for repair and i will have to deal with custom nightmares again.. and they can even arrest me and confiscate if they test is for THC.. expecially under the screen and where the stem joins..
I won't have that problem if there was a EU service..
Some whois record.. Use google translator.. if you don't know Italian..

The MFLB stock batteries are LSD because they can be delivered charged, and because Magic-Flight decided that LSD batteries would be a better match for the usage pattern of the average LB user. They are of adequate power for the LB. The speed of charging has nothing to do with the batteries, that is a property of the charger. The stock charger is not particularly fast but will charge LSD or HSD batteries safely in 2-4 hours. If a battery exploded in your charger then either you had a faulty charger (covered by warranty) or you misused it somehow. The gas that is vented when a NiMH battery overheats during charging is hydrogen, which is not a health hazard. Sometimes a small amount of electrolyte leaks out as well, but this is not toxic unless you ingest it. There is no long-term health threat.

Some build-up under the screen is normal. If it is excessive then you are probably allowing the vapour to remain in heating chamber too long; try to inhale after heating to make sure all vapour is removed. You can try to clean this yourself but there is a danger of damaging the screen. Magic-Flight advises that it is best left alone. If you are inhaling particles then either you have a tear in your screen (covered by warranty) or you are grinding too finely. The stock batteries are not low cost, they are Maha Imedions, which are among the best batteries on the market. If, however, you feel the accessories are a rip-off then you can buy just the MFLB.

The cost of returning the LB for warranty service is not 1/3 of the original price. From almost anywhere in Europe it is no more than 10% of the price, and in return you get a new LB, not a repaired unit. The new unit will never have been used and therefore cannot cause you any customs problems. Since you will already have supplied Magic-Flight with the serial number of the unit you are returning, you do not have to include your name or address with it, so that cannot cause you a problem either.

pakalolo,

Abysmal Vapor

Let's see if the company replies to my e-mails. Until then there is nothing left to say. It might be different in technology than the MFLB..

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

Thank you for your interest, I reply immediately,

1) I send can unit alone (without accessories, excluding their cost.) bout 45 euro :brow:
2) (bolts) the material is stainless steel,heating is minimal and does not create any damage
3) measures the bowl are 26mm in diameter and 16mm depth
4) the material is stainless steel bolts
5The heating element is made from two poles of copper and a stainless steel mesh which evaporates the herbs that are in contact with the network.

Abysmal Vapor,

arf777

No longer dogless
FYI - Doesn't necessarily matter if a patent is only granted by the US government (by the US PTO). The US is a signatory of the WIPO treaties, which gives US patents some protection in every WIPO country. Italy is a signatory. Therefore MFLB can sue these guys if they want. It'd be easier to argue if MFLB had filed an international patent, but I have worked on cases where US patents without an international application were enforced in WIPO signatory countries.

arf777,

Abysmal Vapor

I dont think there is patent violation.. :) Shape is different .. I don;t thin MF patented wiring battery to a stainless screen ... Thats like to patent screwing a bolt..

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom