Gear Vandy Vape Mesh

2clicker

Observer
Oh yeah...on-demand convection dry herbs...budget style!

RUIaihL.jpg

nice! using mesh as a heater for flowers is a nice match i think. that Maze rda has an interesting flat coil design that sits on the deck of the atty. not sure if it would work tho as its side airflow only. seems a bottom airflow would be ideal for a flower atty. or RFA... rebuildable flower atomizer.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So how consistent are your results with the mesh+MV cart?
Any combustion?

All these mods for dry herb can combust. The trick is finding the upper limit, and then finding the configuration that vapes without charring. I used a different basket last night that got the herbs further from the heater and it was much more consistent. Already got 3 different configs for it that all work differently.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It's news to me that mesh "coils" can operate in TC mode... (...) Maybe kerozen can chime in and explain to me why I'm wrong?

It can work, but it's hard. Everything must be perfect in the build and the entire circuit. The keyword here is: contact resistance.

Early attempts by Pipes, me and others weren't successful. But both the iHeat and Splinter can to some extent work in TC mode. Anyway I stand on my position, this method of temperature control is not as reliable as using a dedicated sensor (or several)

I would also advise people here against using too fine meshes. Micro-shorts can literally vaporize metal strands, it happens in a blink, and it's really pretty bad to inhale those vapors deeply in your lungs. Much more so than the concerns we have about oxidation byproducts and stray particles, this is serious here.

Also don't experiment with meshes in mechanical mods, always use VV/VW inside a mod having proper protection mechanisms (all modern mods includes them, just don't use mech mods) Most of our members here are aware of the dangers but I wouldn't want passing readers to start experimenting on their own and blowing half of their face and/or hand off.

using mesh as a heater for flowers is a nice match i think.

I love how ingenuous you can be mate! You are at the bleeding edge when it comes to concentrates vaping, but you use flowers so little you missed a lot of the (not so) recent developments on that front. :p

Top Bottom