Vacuumed sealed bud in glass mason jars

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My MMC in town serves up thier bud fresh this way, its packaged from the day its ready to smoke, so when you first open it its like day 1 of fresh bud! :D let me know if your dispensairy packages in a unique way!

This is exactly how I store my herbs/hash, vacuum sealed inside a mason jar. I use the Pump N Seal system. I can reuse the same jar and tabs over and over. Very economical.

Vicki,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i just picked up a foodsaver, has a hose attachment for jars :) been thinking of sealing up a few big jars, and burying it underground, doomsday preppper stash!

Xchadb,

lwien

Wow. VERY nice. Is that glass or plastic? It's nice to see dispensaries offering up this kind of service.

Regarding dispensaries packaging their goods, this is a quote from my dispensaries site:

"Quality control for medicinal cannabis at California collectives is poor or non-existent. Molds and insect damage are the most common contaminants of medical cannabis. Molds pose a special threat to patients using cannabis, since smoking or vaporizing does not destroy mold toxins. All Cornerstone medicinal cannabis is tested at a professional laboratory to detect contamination by mold or insect damage. Cannabis is a perishable product, Cornerstone refrigerates its medicine in order to preserve purity and potency. Many collectives still use inexpensive plastic packaging for their cannabis medicines. These collectives are unaware that naturally occurring solvents in cannabis interact with plastics to form carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Cornerstone only uses glass and chemical-resistant polypropylene to package medicinal cannabis."

lwien,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
glass :) you can return the jar for a free fatty! :D

another one i visit, if you buy a gram its in a small plastic makeup container, anything over that is just a screw top glass jars ranging from small to huge

Xchadb,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For long term storage I use 1/2 gallon mason jars, throw in an Oxygen Absorber (like you would if storing food for long term) then vacuum seal with the FoodSaver. Just opened a jar that was sealed in early December, 2011 and the preservation is quite good. A lot of the chlorophyll (skunky) smell is gone and you can really smell the medicine now, almost pharmaceutical smelling. All of the spicy and fragrant tones are there but they are slightly muted until you grind and unlock the flavors. I am still trying to figure out if I should put a 62% Humidipak in there or just keep using them in my smaller, next stage, jars for my fridge. Time will tell. :peace:

Edit: I should mention that I do still love my CVault, it is awesome for travel since it is not made of glass, but for the $$$ I just cant justify getting more of them to replace the mason jars for home use. The Humidipaks I like, they work, I just have to decide if I want them at every stage of the process . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: Vicki

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Wow. VERY nice. Is that glass or plastic? It's nice to see dispensaries offering up this kind of service.

Regarding dispensaries packaging their goods, this is a quote from my dispensaries site:

"Quality control for medicinal cannabis at California collectives is poor or non-existent. Molds and insect damage are the most common contaminants of medical cannabis. Molds pose a special threat to patients using cannabis, since smoking or vaporizing does not destroy mold toxins. All Cornerstone medicinal cannabis is tested at a professional laboratory to detect contamination by mold or insect damage. Cannabis is a perishable product, Cornerstone refrigerates its medicine in order to preserve purity and potency. Many collectives still use inexpensive plastic packaging for their cannabis medicines. These collectives are unaware that naturally occurring solvents in cannabis interact with plastics to form carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Cornerstone only uses glass and chemical-resistant polypropylene to package medicinal cannabis."

I agree that a vacuum sealed mason jar is the best storage method.

I have heard lots of people mentioning that there mess are "lab tested" for all sorts of things lately, namely, thc/Cbd/cbn ratios, residual butane (in concentrates), and mold or insect damage. I have not personally seen any lab test results.

Can someone post some test results please? Tia!

notmyrealUSERname,

SD_haze

I agree that a vacuum sealed mason jar is the best storage method.

I have heard lots of people mentioning that there mess are "lab tested" for all sorts of things lately, namely, thc/Cbd/cbn ratios, residual butane (in concentrates), and mold or insect damage. I have not personally seen any lab test results.

Can someone post some test results please? Tia!

MCUATF-SCLabsCard-620x403.jpg

quentin123

That is seriously sweet, do you refuse it if it doesn't pop?

Honestly, good on them that's real service. One guy I used to buy off never had anything to wrap it in and would often come out with it in his hand or pocket, it was pretty funny though.

quentin123,

Nebu

Post-Apocalyptic Renaissance Man
My MMC in town serves up thier bud fresh this way, its packaged from the day its ready to smoke, so when you first open it its like day 1 of fresh bud! :D let me know if your dispensairy packages in a unique way!

Vacuum-sealed in glass is the only way to do it imho. We do that + specific varietal and vintage labeling @ the Vapor Cafe.
NebuJarsDark1.jpg

Nebu,
very cool!

I have never thought about buying bud like that but it makes complete sense. I will have to mention that to the dispensary I frequent and see what they say.

cheers!

also @Nebu,

I love that labeling. it is so fun!

proletariat,
Reactions: Nebu
Top Bottom