Vacuum purge question

Deleted Member 1643

Last two purges have produced extremely brittle shatter. After three or four days under vacuum, the concentrate muffins, but when folded and flipped, it just crumbles into tiny, dust-like crystals. It's still not fully purged, as remelting the crystals and placing back under vacuum produces more bubbling.

Any idea what might be going on or what to do about it? Thanks!

Edit: this is QWET extract from a new plant.

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

Vapology

Hey Accept.
What do you exactly mean with „the concentrate muffins“? Bubbling? Buddering?
What is your vacuum pressure and what temperature is your oil while purging.
I experienced the dust like crystals once I pressed some kief into rosin and another time when my oil came out of the freezer.
I think it’s mostly strain related but also depends on temperature, humidity and terpenes. Maybe your purging process takes to long...
I qwetted 2 different strains last month. One buddert directly while under vacuum the other strain went to crystal clear and stable shatter. It always depends ...

Last edited:
Vapology,

Deleted Member 1643

Hi!

No, not buddering. Believe muffining is normal, once the concentrate stiffens a little, especially after the first flip, for example. It's that rapid bubbling, like a muffin rising above its baking pan. 96.5 kPa, 36C. Raised the temp a little this time to try to keep id liquid.

It's okay, now that it's been sitting at ambient temps and pressures. Most of the bits are at least a workable size.

Could get away with stopping before it happens, if need be, considering it's QWET.

This method worked great with the last harvest. This harvest was actually better - first time homegrown seems like something you might be happy to buy. Trichomes were very dense and amber-ripe. But, it is different, so might need to change something.

One other difference. Using a steel and acrylic vacuum chamber with proper fittings. (Two of the food marinators imploded. :doh:)

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,
Top Bottom