Gear vacuum oven

Anyone here got one? I bought this one http://mtixtl.com/Bench-TopVacuumOvenWith28SegmentsTemperatureController-EQ-DZF-6050series.aspx which is 1.9 cu. I believe it's similar to the Across International model that is popular in the BHO scene. So I've had some issues purging with my oven. Did the standard thin film and still can't get proper shatter/sap. There is always the shiny appearance of butane on the surface after several long pulls. I use an IR thermometer to check the surface of my oil and an analog one set next to the slab in my oven. Always make sure to keep the temps low (95-105), and raised them into the 120 range just to try and see if that would help.

I have a yellow jacket superevac (15 micron) and 8cfm robinair (40 micron). I feel kinda stupid running into this problem because I had no issues with my vac-it pro and ceramic tiles. If anyone can provide some insight it is much needed and appreciated.

purplek,

ZeroImpurities

I know this is old.. but I'm answering this in case anyone else encounters the, above mentioned problem. I do understand that I do not have any credit or backing to knowledge to show you on here. But please feel free to visit my Instagram @ZeroImpurities

Anyway, my answer/suggestion.. (I grow and run my own bud) is that the grower had sprayed/spilled on the plant a liquid (pestisde, nutrient, beer.. anything non-polar butane would extract) Hopefully it is simply neem oil residue, which I've seen claimed to be ok. (The neem oil) If the residue is any other color than an oily looking substance then I would definitely not mess with it and perhaps try to rerun it.

ZeroImpurities,
Reactions: jpdnkstr
Top Bottom