v tower creating health issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanley1131

I switched to vapor for the health benefits but so far i've seen only negative. I own the vtower and set it at a very reasonable temp of 200c, decent vapor at that temp but it feels so damn hard to take a good draw even with a clean screen. When itake a decent sized hit my lungs feel like closing up a bit and i get a bit of shortness of breath. I take huge bong rips and have been smoking for well over 15 years and have never experienced anything like this. Thinking about getting the Q since it has a fan and i wont be needing to use my lungs as much, However i much rather try something with a different vapor path like da buddha or ssv. I've never hit da buddah or ssv before so i was wondering if it has less air resistance, better since i see more people with them

stanley1131,

vape4life

Banned for life
It also could be an adjustment thing that your lungs need to get used to, or don't take such huge hits! Take 1/2 of what you usually do and hold it in for a bit. Have you tried a water pipe? The extreme-q does have the fan, which will help forsure even with whip draw, but if it still bothers you just use the bags.

Trust everyone that you are doing MUCH better for health than combusting!

I've had an SSV and liked arizer's products better. I don't think it's any easier to draw from.

stanley1131 said:
I switched to vapor for the health benefits but so far i've seen only negative. I own the vtower and set it at a very reasonable temp of 200c, decent vapor at that temp but it feels so damn hard to take a good draw even with a clean screen. When itake a decent sized hit my lungs feel like closing up a bit and i get a bit of shortness of breath. I take huge bong rips and have been smoking for well over 15 years and have never experienced anything like this. Thinking about getting the Q since it has a fan and i wont be needing to use my lungs as much, However i much rather try something with a different vapor path like da buddha or ssv. I've never hit da buddah or ssv before so i was wondering if it has less air resistance, better since i see more people with them

vape4life,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Vapor will make you cough, that's kinda a paradox but it's definitely true. In the beginning you should get smaller hits and learn where your lung tolerance threshold is, with time you'll get more used to it and manage to take bigger hits, vapor needs a bit more commitment than smoke, but is way more rewarding and healthier.

Smokey,

Nycdeisel

It could be a lot of things, I will list some major ones that just came to mind

bacteria/fungi growth inside of the plastic tubing.
underlying infection/problem
dirty air path(Arizer towers and even the EQ have this too), unknown shit you are inhaling
going too high with the temperature
trying to take hits that are too long/deep/slow/etc that are just difficult to do with regularity.
bad herb(little or no flush, bad nutes or some pesticide/insecticide, contaminated, etc

many possibilities.

If you have another vape I suggest trying the same herb you used in the Vtower in that one to eliminate the problem of something being wrong with your bud

edit: if you are thinking of a whip type vape, I HIGHLY recommend buying some high temperature high quality silicone, so you dont risk inhaling bad stuff from the plastic(read the sticky on Whip Tubing for more info).

Nycdeisel,

vape4life

Banned for life
Dirty air path? Please elaborate and specify what unknown shit is being inhaled? I know cool air goes over the electronics, but I thought that was safe and still "clean"?

Nycdeisel said:
dirty air path(Arizer towers and even the EQ have this too), unknown shit you are inhaling

vape4life,

Nycdeisel

How do you know how clean electronic parts are? dust could also collect, or depending on where the air intake is, other particles could be sucked in.

That is not exactly what one would call a safe or clean air path.

Nycdeisel,

mysticlaker

I went from being a extreme-q user to being a PD last month. What I write below completely subjective and it's only my personal experience.

I loved the extreme-q hit size / warm up time, but I always felt that my throat/sinuses never felt right during my full year of use. It may have been the hit size, or some sensitivity to one of *many* different things in the air-path. I would have a dry throat and felt like I was constantly clearing my throat. I never had this effect during combustion so I decided to try something else.

After changing to PD I've noticed none of these side-effects. Some people (like me who have allergies already) may be more sensitive to the various places dust and other things can gather in the air-path in the Q. I also decided that until there is a study of breathing the significant volumes of air going by the air-path in the electronics in a vaporizer I won't risk it.

The PD has been great IMHO. I use it with glass (the same one glass I used with my Q) and hit-size can be similar once you have it nice and toasty for use. I also thing the effort by Tom to use only time tested materials in the air-path is very important from a health perspective.

ML

mysticlaker,

vape4life

Banned for life
That's very interesting. Wouldn't any dust just get trapped by the herb? And isn't it redundant considering some particulate from vaping in general? That's what the water is for? I agree i'd prefer not to have an airpath through electronics, but if it's cool air should it matter? I suppose you're right, because if a fan is running on the bottom (from china), it could potentially be problematic. I'm just curious because it's supposed to be near all glass, etc and very safe, in fact the consensus is that it's probably one of the safest vapes out there.

How long does the PD take to warm up? I've considered it, but i've read too many times that it offgasses a "wood" flavour or something? I'd prefer to stay away from wood or any kind of smells as i'm quite sensitive to them. But I suppose arizer's products have that insulation smell/taste. I was very pro arizer, but after learning more about the air path and my warranty issues with the Solo I have lost all confidence in their products. The only vapes I can really see as being super safe are the herborizer and the Cloud when it's released.

I have used the v-tower, Extreme 3.0, and Extreme-Q 4.0 over the last 5 or 6 years exclusively (with some experimenting with other vapes) and have never had these dry throat issues, etc. However you guys have helped make up my mind not to buy another EQ so thanks for that.

vape4life,

mysticlaker

Again, this is my subjective opinion:

That's very interesting. Wouldn't any dust just get trapped by the herb? And isn't it redundant considering some particulate from vaping in general? That's what the water is for? I agree i'd prefer not to have an airpath through electronics, but if it's cool air should it matter? I suppose you're right, because if a fan is running on the bottom (from china), it could potentially be problematic. I'm just curious because it's supposed to be near all glass, etc and very safe, in fact the consensus is that it's probably one of the safest vapes out there.

For one, I am not convinced it is "cool air" in the air-path. If you feel an EQ after being on for an hour even the bottom insulated part is warm. Arizer also doesn't ship the best tubing with the EQ, so I am not convinced they are as "safe" we hope. If safety was the primary concern, why not ship with high temp silcone tubing?

How long does the PD take to warm up? I've considered it, but i've read too many times that it offgasses a "wood" flavour or something? I'd prefer to stay away from wood or any kind of smells as i'm quite sensitive to them. But I suppose arizer's products have that insulation smell/taste. I was very pro arizer, but after learning more about the air path and my warranty issues with the Solo I have lost all confidence in their products. The only vapes I can really see as being super safe are the herborizer and the Cloud when it's released.

40 minutes. I don't taste any "wood" or anything else but herb in my cherry pd. Again, others may have different experiences.

mysticlaker,

Nycdeisel

But the PD and zaps are made to stay on all day so that the warm up becomes a non issue.

I still think its far from being called "safe" without a clean air path.

Mysticlaker: I also wonder why companies that manufacture vapes that use whip tubing dont just include good tubing to begin with that is safe and clean...

Nycdeisel,

vape4life

Banned for life
100% agree. I think Arizer is going more for profits than anything and the major reason the EQ sells so well is because it's cheap and does so many things. I agree with the tubing as well, although i've used exclusively just that over the past 6 years and am still alive and haven't had any issues with it. Kinda got me worried though, even if Arizer insisted that it was safe. In fact, I actually got silicone tubing with my SSV I believe and I think it stunk? My Arizer whips have never smelled and i've cleaned them with iso and never had an issue.

40 min. warmup time? That is very very extreme...can't wait till my VXC 2 min. warmup time and all glass safe path.

mysticlaker said:
Again, this is my subjective opinion:

For one, I am not convinced it is "cool air" in the air-path. If you feel an EQ after being on for an hour even the bottom insulated part is warm. Arizer also doesn't ship the best tubing with the EQ, so I am not convinced they are as "safe" we hope. If safety was the primary concern, why not ship with high temp silcone tubing?

40 minutes. I don't taste any "wood" or anything else but herb in my cherry pd. Again, others may have different experiences.

vape4life,

Nycdeisel

Its not ENTIRELY all glass ;)

the PD airpath is just as safe

and like I said, leaving it plugged in gets rid of any warm up time.

The tubing included by 7th Floor with thd DBv and SSV are NOT silicone!

Nycdeisel,

vape4life

Banned for life
So they are lying? It states right on their website:

"We use an all glass pass through. Why? Glass is non-reactive. This, by the way, is the same reason glass is used in laboratories it doesnt react with the chemicals or biological elements being examined. Glass is like the Switzerland of materials: neutral to everything.

Heres another example: good wine (not the garbage that comes out of a box) and beer are served in glass. So why should your savory herbs be any different? By using an all-glass pass through The VapexHale Cloud ensures that all the active flavanoids remain untainted. No metal, no rubber, no plastic. Nothing to compromise your experience.

Once you enjoy an the all-glass vapor experience, you will experience what you have been missing all this time: the true taste of your herbs."

I will do some more research with regard to the PD airpath. And leaving it plugged in when i'm not home is not an option. So I come home from work, turn it on, and wait 40 min?

Nycdeisel said:
Its not ENTIRELY all glass ;)

the PD airpath is just as safe

and like I said, leaving it plugged in gets rid of any warm up time.

The tubing included by 7th Floor with thd DBv and SSV are NOT silicone!

vape4life,

Nycdeisel

many people use timers if they want it ready by a certain time, like after work. Please stop trying to undermine the PD! There is a huge following, especially around here, so you better relax and just accept that the PD is tried and true.

You said paht without specifying air or vapor.

The vapor path is NOT all glass, as the bowl is stainless steel, the same materials used in the PD.

My supreme produces very pure strong flavor as well as bong like vapor hits(not exactly like the Cloud though) AND it is medical grade! Not saying its the same as glass either, but know that you can get a very pure flavor without glass in this case.

Nycdeisel,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks, it's not my intent to undermine the PD, it's just with a 40 min. heat up time I find that a little comical. Never thought about the timer, but don't think that would fit my lifestyle regardless.

I appreciate the info on the airpath of the VXC and Supreme. You see, I have been brainwashed by Arizer's products since I switched from combusting bongs to vaping in the original V-Tower more than 6 years ago. I had all my faith in them to be the BEST and SAFEST vapes for the lowest cost with replacement parts being readily available and cheap. My recent experience with the Solo has opened my eyes (although I need to re-read the thread because I swear people were saying it was better than PD but I can't remember exactly) so i'm now more open minded and ofcourse looking for the best vape or two (portable).

I have also read that the flight box gives off a wood smell/taste and see that you use that? Thanks again, and I have some homework to do in regard to lotsa reading the PD and Supreme threads :)

Nycdeisel said:
many people use timers if they want it ready by a certain time, like after work. Please stop trying to undermine the PD! There is a huge following, especially around here, so you better relax and just accept that the PD is tried and true.

You said paht without specifying air or vapor.

The vapor path is NOT all glass, as the bowl is stainless steel, the same materials used in the PD.

My supreme produces very pure strong flavor as well as bong like vapor hits(not exactly like the Cloud though) AND it is medical grade! Not saying its the same as glass either, but know that you can get a very pure flavor without glass in this case.

vape4life,

Nycdeisel

The supreme thread is a pretty easy read, its the PD thread you will need time to dig in to :D

The MFLB has no wood smell or taste that is bothersome, its very neutral IMO and is very safe and IMHO is the highest quality vape you can buy for such a low price, along with the warranty and efficiency, its a Fantastic value!

There is no BEST vape, as the motto for this site says. Each vape does its own thing.

About the Solo thread and PD, you cant rely on the OPINION of a few people on a still very new vape vs one that has been around and can stand the test of time.

Glad that you are open minded and wanting to educate yourself more using information available here on FC. You have a lot of reading to do. Good luck :wave:

Nycdeisel,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks, not sure about the motto you are referring to, but maybe I haven't read enough around here although I have been using the site on and off for a while. When I mean best vape, I mean best vape for ME.

Sorry to OP for the hijack... back to bidness..

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
vape4life said:
it's not my intent to undermine the PD, it's just with a 40 min. heat up time I find that a little comical.
If you'd get an understanding of heat exchangers, you'd probably find it a little less funny. People have been leaving log vapes on 24/7 for years now, with no problems. If that, or a timer, isn't OK with you, then you need to forget about this design.

TwztedElegance said:
What's wrong with the 7th floor tubing?
Nothing. Some prefer silicone for better taste, but it's never bothered me. If the 7th Floor tubing suits you, go with it. If you can taste it and it bothers you, go with silicone.

Since the OP has been MIA since he posted the same question twice, two weeks ago, thread closed.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom