• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Utopia Desktop Herbal & Oil Vaporizer

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC

Thank you for all the info and pics!!
It looks amazing but after thinking it through i will not be joining the Beta group.
Since i am 99% flowers it does not seem feasible to not use or test this feature to it's fullest.

Hopefully there will be a flower dedicated version!

It is a flower dedicated version. It just has capability to do oils as well like all other systems.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Yeah one more vote here for the videos. Very much needed.

I would need to see more in order to lay out that kind of money on a vape.
It's fascinating but what makes it so much better than any other vape i am currently using?
I know you have a secret heater design but i thought that was more for the concentrate side of things.

More info would be amazing!

MileHighHuman

I would need to see more in order to lay out that kind of money on a vape.
It's fascinating but what makes it so much better than any other vape i am currently using?
I know you have a secret heater design but i thought that was more for the concentrate side of things.

More info would be amazing!

Yeah i dont know of a more expensive vape other than the Herbalizer which was $729 (back in 2014) or VB2.5 which is $1200 and never even in stock/available.

But this thing does look sophisticated to say the least, so once some proof is put up showing how much of an innovation and powerhouse it is and that it is worth the high price tag, then we can start talking!!

I understand you only have 3 units and do not want to use them since you intend to sale, but i feel it'd be best to show off what exactly we would be buying. I'd assume someone would buy it used if discounted?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yeah i dont know of a more expensive vape other than the Herbalizer which was $729 (back in 2014) or VB2.5 which is $1200 and never even in stock/available.

But this thing does look sophisticated to say the least, so once some proof is put up showing how much of an innovation and powerhouse it is and that it is worth the high price tag, then we can start talking!!

I understand you only have 3 units and do not want to use them since you intend to sale, but i feel it'd be best to show off what exactly we would be buying. I'd assume someone would buy it used if discounted?

We understand your concerns and you are correct we need more videos and such marketing and all that goes along with it.

The price point is because everything is made in the USA.

Glass is done in the US by Si Pipes.

Electronics manufacturing is done by Ralph a former Vaporbrothers head engineer.

He hand assembles each unit and will handle all issues directly.

This means each unit will come with an Engineer to help if their are issues something other units don’t have.

And I’m not sure I understand show off what you will be buying. My posts on the previous page shows what’s coming in the kit and for the ones that help with feedback will get production version of it if anything changes along with some other gifts I have yet to figure out but it would be more then $100 worth.

As for videos I’ll post them up in bout an hour I forgot to link them, but they are on page 28-29 if you want to get a sneaky peak.

I’m no marketer so if anyone wants to help let me know.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@DieHard

I saw your post on the Beta unit you tested a while back.
Can you compare it to any other top level vape you own or have tried?
What is so u8nique about the way it works and extracts?
How is the flavor, taste and effects?
What are load sizes like? Is it capable of micro doses that effectively milk up glass? 0.05g loads.
How even is the abv? Does it require stirring?
Any other thoughts, concerns, usage or helpful info would be greatly appreciated!

Sell me on this vape over everything else i have in my signature! LOL!
I am looking for the best flower vaporizer out there and this looks great but need a lot of info before just dropping that amount of dough.

Thanks!!!

MileHighHuman

And I’m not sure I understand show off what you will be buying. My posts on the previous page shows what’s coming in the kit and for the ones that help with feedback will get production version of it if anything changes along with some other gifts I have yet to figure out but it would be more then $100 worth.

You had mentioned that the videos will be with the earlier generation controllers, and so i was suggesting that you use the newest generation controller instead if there are any performance differences, so us members can see the exact results we would get.

elmoe420

@THC SCIENTIFIC If I recall correctly both @DieHard and @SamuraiSam struggled to use the prototype units with oils. Can you speak to improvements in this space?

I'm a Trek fan and would love to add one of these to my collection. However, I have zero interest in vaping flower. I 100% use concentrates.

Also just a general comment to people asking about the price point. From my standpoint this is a total vanity piece. When you buy an expensive worked glass bong in the shape of an octopus at the head shop you aren't asking whether it somehow smokes better. It's about the fact that you want to drop a wad of cash on a beautiful piece. In this case you're buying a limited edition USS Odessey e-rig. Just my two cents!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@THC SCIENTIFIC
Also just a general comment to people asking about the price point. From my standpoint this is a total vanity piece. When you buy an expensive worked glass bong in the shape of an octopus at the head shop you aren't asking whether it somehow smokes better. It's about the fact that you want to drop a wad of cash on a beautiful piece. In this case you're buying a limited edition USS Odessey e-rig. Just my two cents!

The price point is not really my issue...
Seeing an actual production unit being put through it's paces in a bunch of different situations is what i am after.
As far as i can tell we have possibly 4 videos, none show the actual vape in use, just cloud production.
If i am going to drop a wad of cash on a vape, it HAS to be better than what i am using at the moment.

I love the all glass aspect and that it is totally custom made!
:2c::peace:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@elmoe420 that is correct they did have an issue using the built in spoon for oils and we think we found the reason why and fixed it.

That is why we will include two bowls and both can be used to determine which is better and we can go from there in making it the perfect vape.

If I recal and Sam will can chime in is when used with the Hercules wick the unit worked perfect. Which is why we will include a bowl that has this design built in.

The other issue we realized for concentrates to work the bowl has to be warmed up prior to using it.

But I’m confident with the money back guarantee on these units anyone willing to help us perfect it will be happy in the end.

@lazylathe the unit uses heater that can handle anything thrown at it. The voltage range of the production controller is from 5v-100v vs the testers Sam and Diagard had which was 25v-110v.

The units seemed to operate best at around 25v and they could dial it in that good since it was close to the cut off, the new controllers will allow anyone to dial it in to their liking.

I will try to make new videos of it when I get the new heaters.

But I’m reality I’m trying to figure out exactly what is it you want to see, so I can get that video to you.

Thanks in advance.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Unless I'm wrong about the design, it looks to me like you could test the vaporizer part on any glass if your primary concern is the bowl configuration. The space ship is beautiful and cool as shit, but not necessary to test function, correct? If so, you could speed up your beta program by having it not include the pricey glass and have people test it on their own rigs...just an idea.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Unless I'm wrong about the design, it looks to me like you could test the vaporizer part on any glass if your primary concern is the bowl configuration. The space ship is beautiful and cool as shit, but not necessary to test function, correct? If so, you could speed up your beta program by having it not include the pricey glass and have people test it on their own rigs...just an idea.

The bowl is designed for the Odyssey, The Odyssey is the heater section they both work on 18mm joint but im not sure i understand how someone would test the bowl on their own without the Odyssey.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Shows you how little I know about what’s going on here!

Me too...
The videos show a small heater rod thing on the side of the bowl in some videos.
Hence, we thought the top is separate from the oil part and not required for oil use.
I thought the fancy space glass was for herb only and now it is required for both?

A video showing all the parts and how they fit together, how the unit works for herb and for oil and anything else that would clearly show us it's awesomeness would be awesome!
Cannot wait!

lazylathe,
Reactions: Alexis

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@lazylathe @stickstones

here is a quick video i was able to do just now to show part of it so you get an idea of whats going on.

Ill get a better video up once i get the heaters in, I also want to point out i got the controllers in and will show that off later tonight, im just on a tight schedule atm.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe @stickstones

here is a quick video i was able to do just now to show part of it so you get an idea of whats going on.

Ill get a better video up once i get the heaters in, I also want to point out i got the controllers in and will show that off later tonight, im just on a tight schedule atm.

Thanks for the quick video, it will be much more informative when it is all completely assembled.

What is the glass stick on the side of the bowl used for?
Seems quite far away from the heat source for concentrates, maybe higher temp convection hits?
I thought i saw it being used to vaporize concentrates in an earlier video with a heater inside it?

lazylathe,
Reactions: Alexis

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks for the quick video, it will be much more informative when it is all completely assembled.

What is the glass stick on the side of the bowl used for?
Seems quite far away from the heat source for concentrates, maybe higher temp convection hits?
I thought i saw it being used to vaporize concentrates in an earlier video with a heater inside it?

It’s a dual purpose concentrate bowl. The current design we have on the new bowl might make this feature obsolete, right now the the new bowls have a concentrate bowl built into the top honeycomb. The second bowl version will have the honeycomb taken off so only the spoon will be used.

Feedback will help us design the next version of the bowl if it is needed.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The Odyssey looks sooo beautiful, but I worry about breakage. I cannot even count how many times my enano has been knocked off my bench.

Are there plans to make bodies out of other materials besides glass?

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom