• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Utopia Desktop Herbal & Oil Vaporizer

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
How's the build going? Is there still hardware issues? Any new testing or updates? Looking forward to seeing what you guys have made.

I had a update this past friday with the control board looks like we are about 10 days out for having a prototype to test. Soon as that is done we look into manufacturing.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
How did the prototype testing go? Any updates you can share?

I wish i can say we had testing done as the board is still a little bit out, some issues with prototypes that are going on but we are working to resolve them.

The lcd screen is what we are trying to get going and that is what is causing the delay. \

I get a tingle every time I see a new post in this thread.:popcorn::popcorn:

I know you are, trust me i know. haha

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Liked your post but, to be honnest, I can't figure the purpose of all this glass....so my question is: Is replacements glass parts will be not too expensive? ....I ask cause like everybody says, glass prones to break!

Is @DieHard still the official Odyssey tester? Any feedback would be great!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Liked your post but, to be honnest, I can't figure the purpose of all this glass....so my question is: Is replacements glass parts will be not too expensive? ....I ask cause like everybody says, glass prones to break!

Is @DieHard still the official Odyssey tester? Any feedback would be great!

I want to make a vaporizer that is more then capable of making a statement while in use and while on display. No other better way then making a spaceship design on our first one.

Next one the Utopia will be different design.

I dont like it much to be honest. Is it going to look a lot different with lights and internals? Imo it looks messy atm. And a spaceship? Meh. Why?

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I dont like it much to be honest. Is it going to look a lot different with lights and internals? Imo it looks messy atm. And a spaceship? Meh. Why?

No lights.

It looks like a spaceship because we are sci-fi nerds.

Utopia Planitia Technologies is our name :-) all our products are named after sci-fi shows, and to be honest making it look like just like another vaporizer was not appealing to us.

@DieHard instead of a vertical stand it is now horizontal, the bowl has changed a bit and the rest of the body only minor changes.

elmoe420

G is obviously a huge Star Trek fan.

"Warp 9 tech"
"Utopia Planitia"

The Odyssey is the "USS Odyssey" from DS9. Its destruction was a pretty major moment in the Dominion cold war.

For us Star Trek nerds, G is doing God's work right now :p

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok guys update time:

The first prototype Controller that we will produce in house will finished by May 28th, then testing starts.

Please remember we are a small company and the Odyssey will fully be produced in the USA this means we do not have that much financial backing as we would hope and this is why it has taken a while to get this going.

What this means the Odyssey will be a special order item and each one will be hand made.

Hopefully some videos to follow cloud production for herbs and oils.

Morty

I am LOVING this full extraction rip. It's like taking down 4 ELB's all in one lungful. It hits hard and delivers that "bong rip" level of lung-expanding satisfaction better than any other device I've tried before.

:clap: :drool: :bowdown:

Sorry for the delay. Testing with herbs has been going well. Testing with oils was going okay until last night when some major success was found. It's been a really long time since I woke up medicated but that was my morning... :ko:

Here's a video I took of a rip last Tuesday night / Wednesday morning:

I’ve been trying different techniques and for this session, from a completely cold start, I turned the power up to 30% and let it warm up for 5 minutes while I ground up some Golden Ticket (Chernobyl) and scooped it into the bowl. I turned the power down to 10% and let it sit for one minute, then pressed record.

As you can see the vapor production is excellent at this heat setting and the flavor is good considering the thickness of vapor. It's very full and feels like taking a combustion rip minus the smoke. The vapor is extremely dense and very rich.

To my taste buds personally, the flavor at this high heat level isn't as delicate or amazing as what can be achieved with less heat at lower settings- that’ll be another video entirely- but if you are after a thorough extraction of herbs in one hit, 10% with this heater is all that I need. At this heat setting there is absolutely no combustion but there is significant browning, the ABV is dark chocolate on the very top and hot-chocolate colored through the rest of the load with a single rip.

edit: I enjoy using the Odyssey at lower heat levels too, where I can get 2-4 rips for a similarly sized load and I'll be sharing more testing videos showing that soon. But I am LOVING this full extraction rip. It's like taking down 4 ELB's all in one lungful. It hits hard and delivers that "bong rip" level of lung-expanding satisfaction better than any other device I've tried before.

Goddamn, that's a huge rip. This looks like it could be a real tolerance cutter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom