• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Utopia Desktop Herbal & Oil Vaporizer

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I forgot @SamuraiSam had this, haven't heard from him about it since that video in August. Can't wait to actually see what the hell this thing looks like.
I made a large amount of videos but many of them show the heater core that is not publicly disclosable at this time.

I didn't have a chance to share all my thoughts and feedback on the Odyssey with its creator nor the community, although I did try to ask some questions that I didn't get answers to during the last week of my employ. After being left in the dark, I put together a ~20 minute session with an EVO and the Odyssey before I shipped it back, that video does not show the heater, but since I no longer work for UP Tech I am not sure if my thoughts/feedback/critiques are welcome. Even though I don't believe it shares any confidential IP, I don't have a desire to create further animosity by posting a video/critiques that aren't welcome, hence my inactivity on this thread.

I leave for work in Northern California tomorrow, and won't have internet access for several weeks or more. Unless I'm told it's okay by @THC SCIENTIFIC I will not be sharing any further feedback about the Odyssey. Sorry to leave you all hanging, I hope G's announcement come Monday is a good one.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I made a large amount of videos but many of them show the heater core that is not publicly disclosable at this time.

I didn't have a chance to share all my thoughts and feedback on the Odyssey with its creator nor the community, although I did try to ask some questions that I didn't get answers to during the last week of my employ. After being left in the dark, I put together a ~20 minute session with an EVO and the Odyssey before I shipped it back, that video does not show the heater, but since I no longer work for UP Tech I am not sure if my thoughts/feedback/critiques are welcome. Even though I don't believe it shares any confidential IP, I don't have a desire to create further animosity by posting a video/critiques that aren't welcome, hence my inactivity on this thread.

I leave for work in Northern California tomorrow, and won't have internet access for several weeks or more. Unless I'm told it's okay by @THC SCIENTIFIC I will not be sharing any further feedback about the Odyssey. Sorry to leave you all hanging, I hope G's announcement come Monday is a good one.
Good luck up north and thanks for all the help.

Up Tech Engineer

Company Rep
Hey everybody I thought I should introduce myself as the new Engineer that will head up R&D and give some info on my background.

I recently started supporting the engineering activities at Up Tech. Previously I worked at Vaporbrothers for over 10 years as their head engineer. Some of their products I helped develop have been the VB2, the VB2.5, and the introduction of the ceramic heater in their desktop VB1 vaporizer. Going back before that, I earned an engineering degree at UCLA.

Shortly I will be heading up the Odyssey project and will take over its development, currently I am working on a control board for the heaters we have in the Odyssey and soon will move into final production phase planning.

I am looking forward to any help I can bring and hope you will enjoy my addition.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Okay so since Ralph introduced himself as taking over the Odyssey I wanted to point out we had a list of people who signed up for beta testing. As of right now we are getting pricing structure done for the units and will be releasing an initial 10 pieces to beta test.

We will have final information on what is expected of beta testers and how it will all work.

Stay tuned for more information on when it will be ready and i am happy about Ralph taking over the Odyssey.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Great news!

Is the concentrate attachment ready for testing too?

Can't wait for my first pint....if it's affordable enough.

AVENTUS

Excited to see where this goes fellas !

I don't have much need for an at home unit, but if it vapes herb and concentrate equally well with very very strict low temp temperature control, and has big free-flowing airflow, I would be hard pressed not to consider grabbing one.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Great news!

Is the concentrate attachment ready for testing too?

Can't wait for my first pint....if it's affordable enough.
I tested the attachment and experienced extremely negative results with poor vapor production and nearly all oils drawn straight down not vaporized. I suggested a Quartz frit be used in lieu of the spoon style attachment I tested, and had 1000x better success vaporizing with a Hercules coil than any glass attachment I was sent.

After vaping over a hundred loads I am 100% convinced that the current "all in one" herb bowl and concentrate spoon insert is a cumbersome, easily dirtied, flavor compromising design that should be scrapped. I drew up ideas for alternate herb bowls that could reduce the very large amount of herb sucked downwards out of the bowl into the water and oil have high hopes that a fritted Quartz pad could act similarly as the Hercules wick to hold oils via capillary action instead of allowing them to drip down before vaping.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Sam,

While I appreciate the feedback we have already been implementing changes to the Odyssey and are experiencing better results. I would prefer if you do not post the video as some of design has been changed or updated. I appreciate your concern for the privacy and respect for the integrity of our design and we hope have it ready for a public premiere soon. Thank you again for your discretion.

Moving on to other things.

Ralph has completed the initial software for our simple controller and will begin testing its functionality if a few days.

The New bowl design we have will get tested and with our beta test program it will be put to its paces.

herbivore21

I tested the attachment and experienced extremely negative results with poor vapor production and nearly all oils drawn straight down not vaporized. I suggested a Quartz frit be used in lieu of the spoon style attachment I tested, and had 1000x better success vaporizing with a Hercules coil than any glass attachment I was sent.

After vaping over a hundred loads I am 100% convinced that the current "all in one" herb bowl and concentrate spoon insert is a cumbersome, easily dirtied, flavor compromising design that should be scrapped. I drew up ideas for alternate herb bowls that could reduce the very large amount of herb sucked downwards out of the bowl into the water and oil have high hopes that a fritted Quartz pad could act similarly as the Hercules wick to hold oils via capillary action instead of allowing them to drip down before vaping.
What you are saying about problems with all glass paths without some kind of screen/frit 100% chimes with my experiments designing vapes of my own. However, an effective quartz frit for the purpose of keeping the oil in place is likely to be very restrictive on the draw :2c:

I have a number of solutions to this but cannot discuss the details due to IP issues that I won't go into any further - just like G implied, discretion is what this industry is all about! There are ways to solve this problem without resorting to metal coils though :) From what G says above, it looks like you guys may have made headway already. Have faith my friends! I hope the final model works out great for you guys :peace:

Morty

Sorry for the delay. Testing with herbs has been going well. Testing with oils was going okay until last night when some major success was found. It's been a really long time since I woke up medicated but that was my morning... :ko:

Here's a video I took of a rip last Tuesday night / Wednesday morning:

I’ve been trying different techniques and for this session, from a completely cold start, I turned the power up to 30% and let it warm up for 5 minutes while I ground up some Golden Ticket (Chernobyl) and scooped it into the bowl. I turned the power down to 10% and let it sit for one minute, then pressed record.

As you can see the vapor production is excellent at this heat setting and the flavor is good considering the thickness of vapor. It's very full and feels like taking a combustion rip minus the smoke. The vapor is extremely dense and very rich.

To my taste buds personally, the flavor at this high heat level isn't as delicate or amazing as what can be achieved with less heat at lower settings- that’ll be another video entirely- but if you are after a thorough extraction of herbs in one hit, 10% with this heater is all that I need. At this heat setting there is absolutely no combustion but there is significant browning, the ABV is dark chocolate on the very top and hot-chocolate colored through the rest of the load with a single rip.

edit: I enjoy using the Odyssey at lower heat levels too, where I can get 2-4 rips for a similarly sized load and I'll be sharing more testing videos showing that soon. But I am LOVING this full extraction rip. It's like taking down 4 ELB's all in one lungful. It hits hard and delivers that "bong rip" level of lung-expanding satisfaction better than any other device I've tried before.

This thing has seriously peaked my interest, especially after seeing this video. Whoa boy! I currently own the entry level setup :lol: (VC OG, D020 & two W9 Tech Vaporizer Pens) & while they perform admirably I am saving up for a BIG upgrade to all my gear & this is easily on the short list for the heavy hitter home vape. And the fact that it's glass has me salivating :drool:. Can't wait till it's released & see what all the vet's here have to say about it & see how it compares to the Evo & Supreme V3. From the video above, it certainly looks like it will be able to hold it's own. So excited! Can't wait!

Top Bottom