Using VG/PG to get more from your load

Mulehead

Absolutely loving this device!
It's hard to explain, but the first hit of a bowl must extract more, or easier on the terpenes and good stuff, I don't know?
The taste of the first bowl let's you taste each individual note your strain has to offer.
The flavor doesn't degrade after the first hit, but that first hit seems to offer more than the rest of my line up, or any vape I've tried.
The first hit was always the shit when combusting.
IME with vaporizers the first hit releases any moisture still in product, which to me isn't as flavorful as hit 2 & 3, or as dense, and sometimes makes me sneeze.
With my other convection vapes I usually offer people the second hit, after things get going.
I've always felt kinda guilty for not offering the first hit, because of the "green hit"
mentality from combusting.
With the Zion I'll be confident handing it off to someone with a freshie bowl, tell them to push and hold the power button for five seconds, then hit that shit.

I can already tell the maintenance is going to be a breeze, which is very important to me.
I've used the screens both directions now, with basket down it seems to accumulate more abv dust around perimeter.
While I'm on abv dust, with my grind I'm getting some fines thru the screen.
Gonna experiment with hemp fiber to help with this.
The stir stick rocks!

The signature knocks me on my ass!
I think the flavor drops that @RastaBuddhaTao sent might be helping that.
They allow you to finish a bowl at a higher power setting without scorching the load.
I gotta say, I'm diggin the last hit now instead of sometimes dumping it in the abv jar.

Enough about that, I'm off to practice!

mod note: This post was copied from The Zion thread to remove an off-topic discussion. The 13 posts that follow were moved for the same reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mulehead,

Mulehead

Where do you get the flavor drops? I looked at the shop and couldn't find them.
They're called flower drops, RBT will have them on his website soon.
He sent a bottle for testing.
I really like them for squeezing that last hit out of my product.
A drop on top protects your load from that last high temp hit, that would scorch it without.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Why would u wanna drip e liquid on ya herb? :hmm:

If u wanna flavor your avb just drip some terpenes. That's what I do anyways lol :peace:

Yeah I actually often put a pinch of fresh green ontop of a near spent bowl so those last couple hits are tasty terpy thcy regardless. I also often cash my load before avb is totally spent, I like to keep it on the lighter side typically (and eventually bake with it when there's a ton), which still means very many great hits per bowl regardless ofcourse. I also tend to stir once or twice for flavor and such more than anything else, as previously discussed stirring is a choice not a necessity (so great for the car btw!)

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Why would u wanna drip e liquid on ya herb? :hmm:

If u wanna flavor your avb just drip some terpenes. That's what I do anyways lol :peace:

It is not for everyone. If you vape e-juice normally you might like it. I tried it one evening and RBT went with it. Sometimes I use plain old unflavored VG just for that ability to take it to full completion without scorching and sometimes I add a drop or two of one of my favorite flavors. I like flavors that pair well like a wine with a prime rib. Blueberry, Mango, Lemon are some of my favorites.

@vaporvaper, you can buy individual terps? Where :D

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Not sure why that's so head scratchin'?

Cannabis is awesome because it can be used in so many different ways but I gotta say I also was scratching my head when this was first talked about. Never saw in any other threads here about people doing that, an unfamiliar concept.

Though, it makes sense. I tend to just hit my vapes until vapor production stops. While I don't think this would be perfect for all my vapes, there are certain ones in my arsenal that I think I would probably be able to eek another good hit out of, without burning the rest, using this method (Lotus, I am lookin at you!)

I'm not into adding flavors, I wouldn't want the flavor to "stain" something so to speak, like a stem that I couldn't get the taste of Mango out of (I have ejuice tanks that are kind of "taste stained", can't use any other juice in my Coffee/Dessert tank for example) . Though, no reason an iso wash wouldn't remove any flavoring...

But, if anyone is interested in something without flavors (as I primarily would be):
http://www.amazon.com/Vegetable-Gly...455475077&sr=1-2&keywords=vegetable+glycerine

http://www.amazon.com/Vegetable-Gly...455475077&sr=1-3&keywords=vegetable+glycerine

Just incase someone was really into squeezing that last hit out, but didn't want any flavor, those are both pretty $$$ effective options. If you had some DIY juice knowledge, you'd be able to buy a few different flavors to make your own "flavored ejuice" but that's above my head. But if you just wanted a drop of unflavored VG to prevent scorching or burning your load, those would probably last you eons lol.

Just wanted to throw it out there. Didn't really realize how easy it was to buy VG or PG until recently; went to the vapor shop the other day and they had big giant bottles of VG and PG behind the counter for sale, and since you guys are talking about that I figured it would be kind of pertienent :) Cheers all!

vaporvaper

@MrPeanut I use The Pan's Ink line cos that's all I can get in the UK. You guys in the US have much more choices. You can get strain specific terps like gorilla glue, og kush whatever strain you want is probably available.(I'm jelous) lol

@Mulehead It's not oil bud, it's a terpene mix suspended in ethanol/water. You just drip on the nugs an let the ethanol evaporate and your good to go. It doesn't take long to evaporate either.

I use the Focus mostly with abv which is mainly d-limonene I believe. It has a citrus/pine taste it's a nice balance with abv. The Drowsy bottle with abv is a really stoney vape. Terps really do add something to the high. I've been using it for about a month, and tbh it's changed the way I vape for now. I totally separate my low temp and high temp sessions. I vape whole nugs at low(ish) temps, dump and re-introduce terps, then vape at a higher temps at another time. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
I def. keep a separate stem for use with e-liquids...and concentrates. I am a flavor snob too. I only use the juice at the end.

@vaporvaper , have you used myrcene at all?

Cranking Zion on full heat really gets the vg or concentrates going too :D

vaporvaper

@MrPeanut the "Drowsy" bottle I have is mostly Myrcene I believe. If you like indica's you'll probably like Myrcene. I find it really stoney. My knowledge of terpenes is limited bud, but I'm learning :D

The ones I have are premixed, but you could buy individual terps and make up your own. You could even copy the terp profile of your favourite strain.

Terps add to the high as well as making it taste better. It's a win/win :tup:

killick

But I like it!
I'm with @HellsWindStaff - I vape til there isn't anything coming, then dump into bucket. I do have a bottle of VG I was going to 'tinc up' just for fun, but haven't done anything with as yet.

Now I'm thinking I could take a weenie bit of VG, drop some feco in, and use that as a wetting/taste agent? It's not that I'm averse to mango, haggis and oatcake flaves, it's just that I like herb.

If I could flavour herb with more herb and run it at higher temps for longer that doesn't sound like such a bad thing? Or am I just being a glutton? Or is this just another highdea?

vaporvaper

If I could flavour herb with more herb and run it at higher temps for longer that doesn't sound like such a bad thing? Or am I just being a glutton? Or is this just another highdea?

That's basicly what it is... lol The ones I have are not as complex in flavor as bud but do taste of bud, if that makes sense. But its definitely an improvement in abv flavor. Plus the added effects...

These ones are better than the ones I have and they are strain specific!!!

https://www.blueriverextracts.com/collections/all

Last edited:
vaporvaper,
Reactions: killick

Tommy10

A single drop of either diluted or straight VG, easily doubles the cloud size, the session length and gets me equally as baked with more satisfying hits.

Tommy10,

Tommy10

I am yet to use the flower drops, but using VG in something with a built in bowl like the vapman vaporgenie or HA there is residual cloudage in the next bowl or two unless you really clean it! Something like the solo and I assume the Zion where you load into a removable stem I found its much easier to clean out left overs! Also found pure convection like the hammer did not work as well as other gapes I tried with more conduction (solo, vapman, HA) also could not get the vapcap to utilise the VG in the same way that the others did, I have a feeling majority of the liquid just ran down the condenser tube.

Tommy10,
Top Bottom