Using the Fury2 and other vapes to heat your VapCap

Just FYI, I am determined to design a portable VC heater that is (hopefully) 510 compatible.

First off, has anyone tried to simply place their VC into the Fury2 bowl and turn it on. I did. And, it worked.... well, about 40% IMO. I was able to get a hit but it wouldn't get hot enough to get a click. I only had it at 400F and only for 1 short session. I'll do a few more experiments and report anything that's worthwhile.

However, this makes me wonder about other alternative sources for the VC. I don't think induction heating is the way to go with a 510. It simply seems to demanding.

I also tried to insert the VC into my Top Flow SAI and my Divine Tribe dry herb vape. Unfortunately, they are slightly undersized.

I tried my Arizer Solo and it simply wouldn't get hot enough. I tried, placing my WPA into my E-Nano and then placing the VC into the WPA worked like a charm but it took forever to heat up.

Perhaps the peeps at @divinetribe might chime in on how hot the chamber gets on the dry herb ceramic unit. Maybe even prototype a slightly larger unit that will fit the VC. What's the hottest you can get inside that ceramic chamber without damaging it?

Anyone know what temp we need to achieve a double click on the VC?

I saw this video of a guy who made a simple coil unit. It doesn't look perfect but it's proof of concept.

And, another

If anyone wants to toss in any ideas or if you have any vapes you want to try this in, please do, and post the results.

Does anyone have a "iHeat"? I saw that in a thread here and it looks like it might fit the VC. Same with the Splinter.

Just opening up the box a little.

Hackerman,
Reactions: kuzko

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
Just FYI, I am determined to design a portable VC heater that is (hopefully) 510 compatible.

First off, has anyone tried to simply place their VC into the Fury2 bowl and turn it on. I did. And, it worked.... well, about 40% IMO. I was able to get a hit but it wouldn't get hot enough to get a click. I only had it at 400F and only for 1 short session. I'll do a few more experiments and report anything that's worthwhile.

However, this makes me wonder about other alternative sources for the VC. I don't think induction heating is the way to go with a 510. It simply seems to demanding.

I also tried to insert the VC into my Top Flow SAI and my Divine Tribe dry herb vape. Unfortunately, they are slightly undersized.

I tried my Arizer Solo and it simply wouldn't get hot enough. I tried, placing my WPA into my E-Nano and then placing the VC into the WPA worked like a charm but it took forever to heat up.

Perhaps the peeps at @divinetribe might chime in on how hot the chamber gets on the dry herb ceramic unit. Maybe even prototype a slightly larger unit that will fit the VC. What's the hottest you can get inside that ceramic chamber without damaging it?

Anyone know what temp we need to achieve a double click on the VC?

I saw this video of a guy who made a simple coil unit. It doesn't look perfect but it's proof of concept.

And, another

If anyone wants to toss in any ideas or if you have any vapes you want to try this in, please do, and post the results.

Does anyone have a "iHeat"? I saw that in a thread here and it looks like it might fit the VC. Same with the Splinter.

Just opening up the box a little.
you can burn the herbs in the chamber to a black color on the gen 2 so making sure you pulse or have the proper TCR setting is crucial.

divinetribe,

kuzko

I also checked to see if the VapCap fit in a Sai bucket but the Sai is too narrow. I do have a Sequoia bucket I could try but I gotta dig it out. It’s the slightly bigger version of a Sai. I imagine temperatures would have to be cranked up and it would mostly just be heating the bottom of the cap since that’s where the coil sits.

kuzko,
That was one thing I liked about the Divine Tribe dry herb unit. It has some kind of heating element all around the inside of the chamber. That way, the entire cap gets heated, not just the tip. However, it is too small to test.

Here is a pic of the inside of the Divine Tribe atty and what appears to be heating elements around the sides of the chamber...

e63sp0.jpg

Last edited:
Hackerman,
Reactions: kuzko
Top Bottom