• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Using more Weed in vaporizer than when i smoked.

virtualpurple

Well I now have some different stuff again. This seems to do the trick. but that also could be I have just had a doobie an hour before. I need to compare the difference. But at the moment seems to have done the job. using my Ascent. first temp 195c then boost up to 200c. Nicely baked now:cool:

As an ascent owner, there are far better vapes for what you seek. A log vape is a great option for home use and a vapcap can be used for home or out and about. The vapcap will probably give you more of that joint sensation you are used to.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've owned both and the two are in a different league IMO. The EVO you can really use any amount and it works well (from a pinch to .3).

The DB I found I needed a reasonably packed bowl to get a good hit; also really kinda' needed stirring. It's really a classic whip vape that works well but not like an EVO. The EVO is much more evolved :)

dos equis

I've had the same problem. If I put a normal vaporizer-bowl into a normal spoon pipe and smoked the whole thing, I would be way too high. Meanwhile in vaporizers that has usually been just enough. I'm using the Sticky Brick vaporizer now though and that's just a whole different league from everything I have used before and I think finally something that is stronger than combustion for me. I still use a little bit more, but mainly because the potential for anxiety is a lot lower so I am more comfortable with higher doses.

If using something butane powered doesn't sound like too much of a hassle I would strongly recommend it! Just the other night I had >0.1 of weed and >0.1 of hash on top and I got 3 large hits out of it, and the weed still isn't brown so there's probably another hit in there. Amazing vaporizer, but you do have to operate a butane torch and learn the technique.

virtualpurple

Ok so I have decided to purchase a desktop vaporizer. I have narrowed my choices down to Da Buddha And the VapeXhale cloud evo

https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/products/da-buddha

http://www.ukskunkworks.co.uk/product/vapexhale_cloud_evo_vaporizer

Has anyone used them and which would they recommend. do these vaporizers use the same amount of weed as my ascent.

I've only owned the EVO, and it is capable of using far less herb than my ascent, but I can also find myself musing more than I truly need. Prior to my break it was getting used far less than my underdog.

But I think if you're settled on it the EVO will suit you well.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: Puffers

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I've only owned the EVO, and it is capable of using far less herb than my ascent, but I can also find myself musing more than I truly need. Prior to my break it was getting used far less than my underdog.

But I think if you're settled on it the EVO will suit you well.

Agreed I love my Evo in fact it fully retired my SSV (the big brother of the Buddha) but if I it's a normal night I am usually using the Underdog. If it's Friday night and I am trying to get ripped I turn on the Evo.

Not trying to talk OP out of it because the Evo is a terrific vaporizer, but I definitely tend to use more with it then my Log.

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
Transitioning to vaping has definitely increased my flower consumption. I find that the taste is way better, and I'm a total flavor chaser. Plus it's way easier on my lungs. Instead of a joint leaving my chest hurting, and me saving it for later. I just keep re-packing my vape. I use the IQ almost solely, so that vape is a total hog. I just love the flavor from it so much though that I keep hitting it.

virtualpurple

Agreed I love my Evo in fact it fully retired my SSV (the big brother of the Buddha) but if I it's a normal night I am usually using the Underdog. If it's Friday night and I am trying to get ripped I turn on the Evo.

Not trying to talk OP out of it because the Evo is a terrific vaporizer, but I definitely tend to use more with it then my Log.

I agree, the EVO is great for great big face wripping hits, although I prefer my i hitter nong underdog stems, I can usually finish the load in about two deep draws. Really packs a punch through a decent little bubbler.

virtualpurple,

Doktor Dub

IMHO, especialy for the Transition from smoking to vaping, a Vape which can get you ripped with one Load is essential, so you should be good with the EVO.
The feeling of "perhaps its not enough / didn t hit hard enough" is the main Reason to use more...

fu Kingston ed

M8,
No ones mentioned this but as your coming off baccy are you using nic ejuice in a "normal" vapourizer / ecig?
I was in exactly the same boat as you , that's what brought me to FC.( Hello everybody BTW, based in London, loving my 2 mightys( loved it so much I bought a 2nd one).
I found that dual using ie still combusting was a dead end for me- I was never gonna stop blazing spliffs unless I cut out ALL combustion.
Had the same shit as you, caned a Z in a week at first looking for that same high.. thought I wasn't as lean but then I stuck with vaping only for 4 weeks and I realised I was actually getting more stoned.i used ejuice in an ecig on silly strength with a smoktfv8 tank .. got nic sick at first on 18mgnic . Now down to 6mg nic. The green consumption has gone down too.
Stick with it mate.
Least you haven't had all the coughing up brown shit after you cut out combustion entirely.

Guggsy

I never have used the nic ejuice's just straight weed. never really had any nicotine cravings, after I gave up. I just want to get the same effect as I did with a J.

Guggsy,
Reactions: JCat

Guggsy

M8,
No ones mentioned this but as your coming off baccy are you using nic ejuice in a "normal" vapourizer / ecig?
I was in exactly the same boat as you , that's what brought me to FC.( Hello everybody BTW, based in London, loving my 2 mightys( loved it so much I bought a 2nd one).
I found that dual using ie still combusting was a dead end for me- I was never gonna stop blazing spliffs unless I cut out ALL combustion.
Had the same shit as you, caned a Z in a week at first looking for that same high.. thought I wasn't as lean but then I stuck with vaping only for 4 weeks and I realised I was actually getting more stoned.i used ejuice in an ecig on silly strength with a smoktfv8 tank .. got nic sick at first on 18mgnic . Now down to 6mg nic. The green consumption has gone down too.
Stick with it mate.
Least you haven't had all the coughing up brown shit after you cut out combustion entirely.
What needs to happen is the UK Government needs to legalise the herb, like some states in the US have. If you have a medical certificate you can go into any outlet and by the most potent stuff out there. instead of buying street crap that may not have been washed through properly or dried properly. Then maybe just maybe we can get good quality weed in the uk again. and not worry if it has been sprayed or not. Surly if the industry was legalised in the uk, it would earn the government plenty in tax. All the way from the growers to the end buyers.

fu Kingston ed

I hear you. Maybe it's getting closer but unlikely with Theresa May. Then again they are money grabbing thieves so the tax elements would work for torys.
I find the mighty very good at giving me the same "high" as smoking a J but nothing gives the " effects" of smoking ( I reckon it's the 4000 other things other than THC compounds interacting with the body that culminates in the smoking effect). Took me 4-6 weeks of just vaping to adjust.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Transitioning to vaping has definitely increased my flower consumption.
It definitely did at the beginning for me, at least until my brain stopped looking for the poisons (benzene and CO are 2) and the oxygen starvation. I started with the Herbalaire which was a session vape which also contributed. Then I learned to take a few hits and then tap the crucible out of the oven so it stopped being heated. By the time I got the Lotus I was using about the same as I had combusting and then gradually brought my usage down further so that today I get just as much effect with half or 2/3 the amount of goods.

And it is a MUCH cleaner high with no headaches and little coughing. I couldn't imagine going back to smoking today.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Transitioning to vaping has definitely increased my flower consumption. I find that the taste is way better, and I'm a total flavor chaser. Plus it's way easier on my lungs. Instead of a joint leaving my chest hurting, and me saving it for later. I just keep re-packing my vape.

Same here, the thing that really blew my mind when I first started vaporizing was realizing how I hadn't been properly high in ages as the unwanted side effects of combustion and tobacco always prevented me from enjoying the cannabinoids to the fullest. Now I can vape way more than what I used to smoke and still function well while being high.

C No Ego

degummed hemp fiber= less herb used in a vaporizer and the fiber can serve to filter the vaporized particles as well for less throat irritation... just add in your herb like you normally would except using less than you normally would and then add in the hemp fiber over the herb and vape! you are welcome!

I've found that with a session vape I am medicated before finishing the load and that hemp fiber takes up for that extra bit of material that would cook in the vape

duckTape

I had the same experience. I would vape through the day and smoke a joint at night.. then I got Milaana :) I had started to believe the red eyes and real couch-lock where something vapes couldn't deliver, but Milaana has proven me wrong. And it's pretty cheap compared to other heavy hitters.

I haven't bought a vape since, other than a 2nd Milaana ;) Just sayin :2c:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, I have come to the conclusion that at least for myself it is much more about what I want than what I need. The big difference is smoking or vaping. After that which vape you use makes a difference, but all the decent (or better) ones will likely do the job. I COULD have stopped at the Herbalaire, but that just isn't as much fun. These are toys (not to diminish their value as tools for consuming meds) and we are cannabis hobbyists. I never thought MJ consumption would become a hobby, but it really has for me.
So, while my actual consumption has gone down due to vaping, the entertainment aspect of it has gone way up.

DirtyD

Very well put indeed. I completely agree cyberguy, kinda feel like I'm enjoying my favorite thing ever in a neat fun new way. Because I am. Turned a couple of hard core weed smokers onto vaping recently, Neat to see them get to that point one gets to when combustion tastes so gross you wonder how you did it so long. Crazy, yet better, no doubt. Cheers to all- D.

DirtyD,
Reactions: cybrguy

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@OP strange I had the exact opposite experience. Going from a one hitter glass to the crafty and was using about half as much flower.

One suggestion would be to take some edibles to supplement your vape meds. If you start out with a vape, then about 45 mins later dose your edible, you will see your effects last considerably longer and then when you feel the need to vape again, take it. Then after about 4 hr's and the edible is wearing take another edible if needed.

I have to put in my vote for rosin tek and enail, that's just another tool to get the job done. In my experience smokers take to a dab better than to a flower vape. Some flower vapes are very intense, the crafty and mighty with the dosing capsules will choke you like a joint. I'm humbled by it occassionally.

psychonaut,
Reactions: ktmstick

Guggsy

I have finally bitten the bullet and purchased the VapeXhale cloud evo with standard mouth piece for £299 including delivery from vapefiend. After reading every ones advice on my thread, saying the type of vaporizer makes a difference. So I will test it out tomorrow when I receive it and will let you know, if I am successful in getting decent hits compared to my Da Vinci Ascent.

Can anyone recommend where the temperature dial should be on my VapXhale if I want good hard hits, that will get me s**t faced. And what type of grind and how much I should use.

Guggsy

Oh my F******g word. I am absolutely F****d. I bow down to you all. you where all right. The vaporizer does make a difference. I just had my first go on the VapXhale cloud evo. Temperature set to about 1 o clock. I put in about .2-.3g I am absolutely cooked:cool:. I have officially converted to vaping. this is better than smoking it. Thank you all for your advice.

I am getting much better clouds. a much better high of what I thought was crap weed. Goodbye Ascent hello evo. I can see the difference in cost between a £180 vaporizer and a £300 vaporizer.

I really had my doubts.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
This thread was a good read. I'm glad you found what you're looking for @Guggsy.

It's worth noting that the hotter you get the weed the closer the high will be to a combustion high. Some of the more intense effects don't show up until over 425°F. My Herbalizer set to 430-440 is about as close of a high I can get to combusting. Yet it's stronger and clearer than it ever would have been with a joint.

Chase those high temperatures if you haven't tried them yet.

Top Bottom