1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
  2. Get your captions in for a chance to win a Vaporbrothers Eleven from VaporWarehouse!

3. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Using Magnets to Clean Glass

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by MGG, Jun 16, 2014.

1. MGG

MGG Well-Known Member

I thought some people might find this item interesting. I personally wouldn't get it but I thought it'd be something cool to share with you guys.

Jahannum, SSVUN~YAH and flotntoke like this.
  2. syrupy

syrupy Millefiori botanist

I have one of those, or one very similar. Doesn't work very well on tough buildup. Also its surface area is really tiny so it might take hours to clean a piece well.

Used to dream about getting a magnetic stirrer to clean glass pieces. Doing it by hand with pbw or iso isn't a big enough chore to really need one.

SSVUN~YAH and SpruceGruve like this.
  3. farscaper

farscaper anticensor

yup. they just modified the idea from an aquarium magnetic scrubber and shrunk the design.

I have a big one for my 55g tank. but that will never do shit for the hard to reach perks.

basically a clever novelty item that will almost work... if you have a piece big enough to need it where you can get it inside right? no small mouth pieced or 14mm male joints thats for sure.

or am I mistaken?

SSVUN~YAH and SD_haze like this.
  4. syrupy

syrupy Millefiori botanist

You're right. I used it to try and clean around the ice pinches on a tall ehle tube I have. Not impressed, a pain to navigate the scrubber around, and certainly wouldn't work in today's work of 14mm DI oil rigs. Novelty is a good word for it.

SSVUN~YAH and farscaper like this.
  5. jdee

jdee Well-Known Member

iso+salt is all I need, then again I don't combust.

Mrmrmrmr and aesthyrian like this.
  6. farscaper

farscaper anticensor

I clean often enough to save on salt and just use iso.

and a drop of BCCE in anything im vaping flowers through.

aesthyrian and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  7. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Well-Known Member

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors