Using Magnets to Clean Glass

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I have one of those, or one very similar. Doesn't work very well on tough buildup. Also its surface area is really tiny so it might take hours to clean a piece well.

Used to dream about getting a magnetic stirrer to clean glass pieces. Doing it by hand with pbw or iso isn't a big enough chore to really need one.

farscaper

yup. they just modified the idea from an aquarium magnetic scrubber and shrunk the design.

I have a big one for my 55g tank. but that will never do shit for the hard to reach perks.

basically a clever novelty item that will almost work... if you have a piece big enough to need it where you can get it inside right? no small mouth pieced or 14mm male joints thats for sure.

or am I mistaken?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
if you have a piece big enough to need it where you can get it inside right? no small mouth pieced or 14mm male joints thats for sure.

or am I mistaken?

You're right. I used it to try and clean around the ice pinches on a tall ehle tube I have. Not impressed, a pain to navigate the scrubber around, and certainly wouldn't work in today's work of 14mm DI oil rigs. Novelty is a good word for it.

SnidelyWhiplash

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CFIKM2Q...lid=19P470WUHKKZE&coliid=I2LQAIGQ1CS7Z6&psc=1

Seems like that could be useful....

catalogv1_cuisipro_1.jpg

SnidelyWhiplash,
Top Bottom