Using FoodSaver Bag as replacement bag for vaporizors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vape30

I have a Volcano and a Herbie. For the longest time, I have used oven bags as replacements when my bags start to leak. I just recently bought a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer and was wondering if I could use the bags that come with it. It says they can be used in the microwave but I'm not sure if they would be safe for vaping with.

I have made a bag for my Herbie using the FoodSaver bag and it seems to fit really nice but I have yet to test it out. I have scoured the internet to see if anyone has done this or asked this before and I couldn't come up with much of anything.

The reason I'm looking for an alternative is because I am a perfectionist and there is too much bunch up with my current method. If I knew of another way to seal the oven bags then that might be an option.

Thanks for taking a look, please chime in with your thoughts.

vape30,
Reactions: OF

vape30

So how do you seal up these replacement bags? If I remember correctly you tie them up once you cut it to size.

Is there any bunching near the mouthpeice with the official replacement bags?

vape30,

max

Out to lunch
Is there any bunching near the mouthpeice with the official replacement bags?
AFAIK there are no bags from any source that don't. They'd have to be specifically designed/shaped for vapor use and you wouldn't be able to change the size of the bag to suit.

max,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
I doubt a foodsaver bag are safe to high temperature s Herbie produces. Most nylon oven bags are only rated to 400°F. Herbie claims their bags are proprietary and safe to 450°F.

Using a low temperature rated bag is not safe. Saw someone using zip lock bags with their Herbalizer. Not good.

Been Vapin,

max

Out to lunch
I doubt a foodsaver bag are safe to high temperature s Herbie produces. Most nylon oven bags are only rated to 400°F. Herbie claims their bags are proprietary and safe to 450°F.

Using a low temperature rated bag is not safe. Saw someone using zip lock bags with their Herbalizer. Not good.
Oven bags should be used, whether they're Volcano or Reynolds, but by the time vapor gets to the bag connection, the vapor temp is nowhere near 400 degrees, or whatever vaping temp is being used. Looking for bags that are safe to 450 is not necessary.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Oven bags should be used, whether they're Volcano or Reynolds, but by the time vapor gets to the bag connection, the vapor temp is nowhere near 400 degrees, or whatever vaping temp is being used. Looking for bags that are safe to 450 is not necessary.

I have seen user replaced herbalizer oven bags that have been damaged from heat including my own. Some would call it melted even. The design of the SqueezeValve places the bag very close to the hot air output.

I have no problem using oven bags with the volcano solid valve. Its really the design of the SqueezeValve. Stopped using SqueezeValve s months ago due to concerns. Volcano solid valve used with herbie is much better than SqueezeValve.

Been Vapin,

max

Out to lunch
I'd say that's a Herbalizer issue that should be addressed then. It's the first 'bag fill' vape I've heard of that delivers any kind of excessive heat as far as the bag.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
I'd say that's a Herbalizer issue that should be addressed then. It's the first 'bag fill' vape I've heard of that delivers any kind of excessive heat as far as the bag.

It is a Herbalizer issue no doubt. Its all about the SqueezeValve design. The SqueezeValve design puts the oven bag directly in the heated air path and close to the top of the bowl. There is also a green prong/clip directly in the air path I dislike and question.

@vape30 Do you own a solid valve kit or easy valve kit for the Volcano?

TQi7VzV.jpg

Been Vapin,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
I have the easy valve setup up for the volcano.

Not sure if you can make the easy valve work with the Herbalizer bowl. It may be possible to just hold the easy valve on the Herbalizer bowl like the above pic with solid valve.

Good luck.

Also look into pairing your Herbalizer with some glass such the FC UFO.

Been Vapin,

OF

The reason I'm looking for an alternative is because I am a perfectionist and there is too much bunch up with my current method. If I knew of another way to seal the oven bags then that might be an option.

While I don't have those two vapes, I do have a HA so experience the same (or worse?) 'bunching up'. I solved this by using 'pleats', that is folding up 8 sections of the rim (at a slight angle) temporarily taping each of the folded sections to the bag. It took a few tries to figure out how big to make the folds but it's easy to keep them uniform if you do it on the table top. Perhaps that will work here?

Otherwise I share the same concern as others, plastics chosen to be flexible at very cold temperatures are poor candidates for elevated temperatures. You really don't want to be adding fumes from the heated plastic to your bag of wonderful, healthy vapor?

Good luck with it.

OF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom