Using a whip instead of a bag on the Volcano Digital?

exclusivegleefarts

Greetings, I'm new here. :cool:

Is this possible, if so, what would the circumference/spec of the tube have to be?

Also, has anyone ever sent in their Volcano for repair under manufacturer's warranty? I've read about the classic/digital having problems such as pinched tubes and wonder if my unit is operating to full spec - my bag doesn't get as cloudy as in some videos I have viewed online. I have read that thick smoke is undesirable and means that you're burning, I usually vape with this model at 377 and see faint fog in the bag. The effects and taste are there after I hit my bags, so I know the heating element and fans are probably working properly.

How common is the pinched tube issue? Also, my volcano makes a loud humming noise when operating - is this normal? I have heard people review the Volcano and say it's "quiet", yet they don't really elaborate on this.

Is the Volcano Digital not a good model stationary electronic vaporizer? There seem to be many other brands out there and many people on this forum seem to be fans of other brands. Is there anything particularly bad about the Volcano digit?

Thank you veddy much!

exclusivegleefarts,

stinkmeaner

exclusivegleefarts said:
Greetings, I'm new here. :cool:

Is this possible, if so, what would the circumference/spec of the tube have to be?

Also, has anyone ever sent in their Volcano for repair under manufacturer's warranty? I've read about the classic/digital having problems such as pinched tubes and wonder if my unit is operating to full spec - my bag doesn't get as cloudy as in some videos I have viewed online. I have read that thick smoke is undesirable and means that you're burning, I usually vape with this model at 377 and see faint fog in the bag. The effects and taste are there after I hit my bags, so I know the heating element and fans are probably working properly.

How common is the pinched tube issue? Also, my volcano makes a loud humming noise when operating - is this normal? I have heard people review the Volcano and say it's "quiet", yet they don't really elaborate on this.

Is the Volcano Digital not a good model stationary electronic vaporizer? There seem to be many other brands out there and many people on this forum seem to be fans of other brands. Is there anything particularly bad about the Volcano digit?

Thank you veddy much!

I have never sent mine in for repair but I will say this, the pinched tubes are not really that common as far as people talking about them on the internet, just one person that made a video on repairing his. Another thing, the pinched tube would just limit airflow obviously and would have nothing to do with the thickness of the vapor, so as long as your bags are filling up normally then you don't have a pinched tube. Most of the videos that show the thick vapor are under florescent lighting or other light which makes the vapor look thicker and milkier but if you really think yours is not thick enough then just check the air temp with a IR thermometer and if it is close to the display temp then you are fine. The humming noise is pretty normal and is louder on the older models.

As for the Volcano Digit being a good model, only you can decide that since vaporizers are personal preference, I like my Classic very much and it has worked flawlessly. There are many brands and no one says you have to own just one, I feel everyone picks vaporizers based on their needs and some need smaller vaporizers, some need whip vapes, some need whip & bag together, some need direct draw, some need all glass, some need smaller bowls that use less product, I could go on all day but I am sure you get the picture.

One thing I will say is that the Volcano is a great bag filler and I have not tried any better, it may not do whip but it doesn't claim to do everything, I feel if it was cheaper then many more people would be talking about it on here and other boards but it is priced away from many peoples budget or others just don't want to spend the money on a vape that only fills bags, all said and done it is very well made any way you look at it though.

stinkmeaner,
Stinky makes great points.

The kinked tube thing can be user repairable if you're willing to get your hands a little dirty, if this is indeed the case. Look up youtube videos about it, there are lots of images and videos of volcanos with their hoods off, some specifically addressing this problem.

Quiet is subjective. My volcano classic doesn't sound like a coffeecan honda firing up but it isn't a whisper. Think of a softly running faucet for instance, that's a good idea of how loud it is. If your lady or someone else is in the same room sleeping, they'll almost certainly be bothered if they don't sleep like rocks. So the humming you describe is normal as far as I'm concerned.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
The pinched/kinked tubing was an issue for a while a few years ago. They quickly identified the problem and fixed it.

I have read that thick smoke is undesirable and means that you're burning
Well, it's vapor, not smoke. Although you can combust in many vapes, The Volcano isn't one of them. The highest setting is below combustion point. Vapor does get thick (and harsh) at high temps, but whether it's desirable or not depends on the user. How much vapor you get in a bag mostly depends on how much you load. Getting a bag so thick with vapor that it's opaque isn't really necessary. You'll end up going through a lot of herb if you expect thick clouds of vapor in every bag.

I seriously doubt there's a vape model available that's more accurate in its display/temp setting or better built than the Digit. The reason that everyone isn't raving about it and saving up for one is that even the Classic, at $130 less, costs a lot more than you have to spend to get an excellent quality vape. It's the same reason you don't see a lot of talk about the $500+ digital whip models like Vapezilla, Vaporfection, Evolutions, etc. You just don't have to spend that kind of money to get quality. There are quite a few whip models available under $200 that will perform just as efficiently and effectively, including the herbalAire, which will not only fill bags as well as the 'cano, but give you the option of whip use as well.

max,

stinkmeaner

I always thought the reason for buying a Volcano is similar to the reason you would buy a car like a BMW, they are built like tanks, have great resale value, functions seamlessly, and most would say they are ascetically pleasing.

stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom