• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Using a oil nail/globe bubbler without water

dannite

Durden's Own
So I recently started using this little guy instead of my vapor swing that I had on a traditional 12 inch bong.
dBNIe.jpg

I prefer the nail to the TI skillet, and have long preferred bubblers to bongs in terms of smoothness, so I am really liking it.

The other day, in a vaked state, I took a hit off of it after cleaning it before I had put water in it. I found that the hit was not noticeably hotter/harsher that with water. Still felt smoother than the bong with ice and water.

I just wonder if anyone else knows anything about using a bubbler this way. Am I going to lose active ingredient from it sticking to the dry glass as resin, or do I come out ahead in that arena because the water supposedly eats some of your THC?

dannite,

Nycdeisel

I wouldnt be concerned about the water taking away any of the THC. I would worry more about particulate and residues that you will inhale because they wont be caught by the water.

Besides, from what you said it seems like it was just that one hit? I would think that more testing is required before you can really compare with and without water.

Its probably easier on you then the big bong cause you need to breathe in a lot harder to clear a bigger piece, and overall a bigger piece is just going to put more strain on your lungs/throat.

Hope this sort of helped. :wave:

Nycdeisel,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i find dry hits to be more flavorful, produce less reclaim, but are not as smooth as water filtered hits. either way, i make it a point to use only the minimum water necessary, having the level sitting just above the slits in my rig. some people are wary about dry hitting with Ti, because of the byproduct of titanium dioxide, which is filtered in the water.

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
stroh said:
some people are wary about dry hitting with Ti, because of the byproduct of titanium dioxide, which is filtered in the water.

you never cease to impress me man! thanks for the info! I water my plant with this bong water! :( im gonna stop if i cold be poisoning it! :uhoh: poor jade tree! makes me think of the dogs and abv thread.

weedemon,

dannite

Durden's Own
Nycdeisel said:
I wouldnt be concerned about the water taking away any of the THC. I would worry more about particulate and residues that you will inhale because they wont be caught by the water.

Besides, from what you said it seems like it was just that one hit? I would think that more testing is required before you can really compare with and without water.

Its probably easier on you then the big bong cause you need to breathe in a lot harder to clear a bigger piece, and overall a bigger piece is just going to put more strain on your lungs/throat.

Hope this sort of helped. :wave:

Oh, it wasn't that one hit. Thats just how I stumbled upon it the first time. I haven't put water in it for a few days.

dannite,

Nycdeisel

Good post by stroh.

Oh, did not know that since you forgot to mention it in the OP.

Personally, i would probably just play it safe and stick with the water, though minimal, as long as theres no 'dry' vapor coming through it should be fine. That itty bitty rig probably doesnt take away very much flavor anyway.

Nycdeisel,

stroh

errl enthusiast
thanks weedemon and Nycd, i always try to spread what little tidbits of knowledge i have sitting in this noggin of mine if it will benefit others :)

i agree with Nyc, a little water is best IMO, and small rigs won't diminish the flavor by much

stroh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I love the looks of that little rig Dannite, what is it/where did you get it?

OhTheAgony,

dannite

Durden's Own
OhTheAgony said:

These guys. Down the street from google HQ.

No brand stamp on it, and everything in that shop is either a primo brand or part of their local glassblower network. So it will be some local blower. I don't know if they ship stuff, but if you are interested, there is only one model in that shop that matches that description, so it would be easy enough to find. They had two others. One was blue I think. The light is wrong in the picture - mine is orange and black.

dannite,

weedemon

enthusiast
how come you prefer a nail to a swing? is it the performance? the method of operation? something else i'm not thinking of?

about your topic, and i'm sorry for not replying so in my first post.

people seem to prefer "dry" reclaim over wet. so you may be on to something there.

to me wet dry, wtf i don't care! it's all going into my bottle of iso anyways! :p

regarding strohs post though. health will win every time if i know there is a safer way to do something.

weedemon,
from wiki:

Titanium dioxide dust, when inhaled, has been classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as an IARC Group 2B carcinogen possibly carcinogenic to humans.[43] The findings of the IARC are based on the discovery that high concentrations of pigment-grade (powdered) and ultrafine titanium dioxide dust caused respiratory tract cancer in rats exposed by inhalation and intratracheal instillation.[44] The series of biological events or steps that produce the rat lung cancers (e.g. particle deposition, impaired lung clearance, cell injury, fibrosis, mutations and ultimately cancer) have also been seen in people working in dusty environments. Therefore, the observations of cancer in animals were considered, by IARC, as relevant to people doing jobs with exposures to titanium dioxide dust. For example, titanium dioxide production workers may be exposed to high dust concentrations during packing, milling, site cleaning and maintenance, if there are insufficient dust control measures in place. However, the human studies conducted so far do not suggest an association between occupational exposure to titanium dioxide and an increased risk for cancer. The safety of the use of nano-particle sized titanium dioxide, which can penetrate the body and reach internal organs, has been criticized.[45] Studies have also found that titanium dioxide nanoparticles cause genetic damage in mice.[46]

biojuggernaut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
dannite said:
OhTheAgony said:

No brand stamp on it, and everything in that shop is either a primo brand or part of their local glassblower network. So it will be some local blower. I don't know if they ship stuff, but if you are interested, there is only one model in that shop that matches that description, so it would be easy enough to find. They had two others. One was blue I think. The light is wrong in the picture - mine is orange and black.

I couldn't find them in that link you posted, correct?

The blue one sounds awesome though, are they expensive?

I wish we had shops like that locally. Glass doesn't seem popular enough in NL. In the rare occasion I do meet a stoner with a bong it's usually a home made one made from a bottle or coffee-pot or a cheap acrylic one, I've never met anyone that uses a nice bong or bubbler over here.

OhTheAgony,

dannite

Durden's Own
OhTheAgony said:
dannite said:
OhTheAgony said:

I couldn't find them in that link you posted, correct?

The blue one sounds awesome though, are they expensive?

I wish we had shops like that locally. Glass doesn't seem popular enough in NL. In the rare occasion I do meet a stoner with a bong it's usually a home made one made from a bottle or coffee-pot or a cheap acrylic one, I've never met anyone that uses a nice bong or bubbler over here.

Yah, they don't have their products on the website. You would have to call and convince them to mail it for you. If they won't I would be willing to mail it for you. They are like $199. Of course the exchange rate is on your side in this case...

Yah, when I am traveling on your side of the world I have never seen that much glass. I think its because y'all smoke spliff instead of straight green (never made it into amsterdam though, got sidetracked by some law enforcement in madrid...). The anti-tobacco propaganda here in the states is pretty intense - a lot of people who do all manner if hard drugs still won't touch anything with nicotine.

That was seriously harshing my vibe at the german music festivals this summer/fall. What kind of punk festival it is when you can't find straight weed? I was forced to get drunk instead of baked... sad.

The high end glass culture seems to be an american/pure cannabis thing.

dannite,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, you may be onto something. I'm a joint guy too, but even when I was experimented with home made bongs as a teenager I packed a layer of tobacco in the bowl first and just topped that off with a layer of bud. Other times I just mixed it all up before I put it in the bowl.

It's just the way most of us learn how to use mj when we first start over here, and it passes on from generation to generation I guess. I wish I had never gotten used to the combo though, it's still a hard one to get away from at times as it is still the most satisfying way of using mj I know besides edibles.

They have some quality glass over in Germany, but I think that country is an exception here in Europe and the pieces are so much less advanced then what you guys have over there. Funny that such a difference exists in such a similar culture.

Thanks for your kind offer btw, but at the moment that is a bit more then I'd like to spend on something like that. I think I better try one of those cheaper domes first that will work with my Ehle, I never had an oil rig before so I'm not even sure if it'll be for me.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom