User-serviceable home convection vape?

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@anycolouryoulike
Completely understandable. I have been considering thier/his products and confused about the seasonal website issues since discovering the flagship, Venus. On the issue of the ONE "perfect" vape....I say this respectfully, but I truly feel there is no ONE vape for any of us- all we can do is research and budget, and decide, take one or a few educated chances- and hopefully find at least one vape that suits our needs enough to keep around.

Not an 18650- but Musa is a log vape in the EU- also halogen. Hope you find one/some vapes you can love!

howie105

Long time lurker, first time poster and I'm looking to get a new vape with primarily home use in mind. It doesn't have to be battery-powered necessarily, but it seems like the convenient way to go.

Ideally I'd like:
Must use 18650 or other readily available user-replaceable battery(if battery-powered)
Convection preferred
All glass/ceramic vapor path preferred
Easy to clean
Probably some form of temperature control, doesn't have to be by the degree

A vape that ticks almost all the boxes for me is the Venus Apollo, but looking at the model-specific thread the company's been hard to reach which raises questions about warranty etc. in the future, and I'd prefer more traditional knobs and buttons for controls. Vapexhale Evo is very nice, but the special glass tube inside means I might have to send it for servicing if I ever drop it once. Mighty/crafty -> propietary battery pack is a dealbreaker. I've looked at others as well(Ghost MV1, Firefly 2) and I'm willing to forego glass vapor path if I must.

Budget isn't really an issue, I'm willing to spend for the right vape that will last me a long time. I'll be purchasing in Europe, however.

Thank you for reading. I'm grateful for any recommendations!

Could you post a few of the better mail order vendors you can use? I will help to know what vapes are available to you. Thanks

howie105,

anycolouryoulike

@anycolouryoulike
Completely understandable. I have been considering thier/his products and confused about the seasonal website issues since discovering the flagship, Venus. On the issue of the ONE "perfect" vape....I say this respectfully, but I truly feel there is no ONE vape for any of us- all we can do is research and budget, and decide, take one or a few educated chances- and hopefully find at least one vape that suits our needs enough to keep around.

Not an 18650- but Musa is a log vape in the EU- also halogen. Hope you find one/some vapes you can love!
You're absolutely right in that with any purchase I have a tendency to be too much of a perfectionist. Sometimes you find the product that's just like you wanted but often you end up not buying anything or taking a long, long time. I think the way forward for me is to figure out which requirements are ones that I'm willing to compromise on.

Could you post a few of the better mail order vendors you can use? I will help to know what vapes are available to you. Thanks
https://www.vaposhop.com
https://vapefiend.co.uk
https://jahvaporizer.com

anycolouryoulike,

howie105

Thanks for the links, after a review the only ones I can attest to (got them, use them) as being user serviceable are the 7th floor desktops with common & available parts and the butane powered vapes. If I can be helpful or informative please let me know.

Last edited:
howie105,

anycolouryoulike

Thanks for the links, after a review the only ones I can attest to (got them, use them) as being user serviceable are the 7th floor desktops w2ith common & available parts and the butane powered vapes. If I can be helpful or informative please let me know.

Thank you. Having thought about the situation I'm actually heavily leaning towards the LSV as sort of a big log. It's charmingly simple and the temperature knob and power supply being integrated instead of flying around in the middle of the cord is a plus. And Vapefiend sells it for a reasonable price so I might just get one for now and see what the future brings.

anycolouryoulike,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I can relate- I will go months, years considering purchases. Almost missed out on my M

You're absolutely right in that with any purchase I have a tendency to be too much of a perfectionist. Sometimes you find the product that's just like you wanted but often you end up not buying anything or taking a long, long time. I think the way forward for me is to figure out which requirements are ones that I'm willing to compromise on.

https://www.vaposhop.com
https://vapefiend.co.uk
https://jahvaporizer.com

You're not the only one that might qualify as a perfectionist when it comes to purchases-other people and to disagree with me when I consider a purchase an impulse buy. After considering it for around five years. I almost lost out on getting a Milaana 2 due to my trying to be careful and conscientious about my decisions, and I am only now getting around to ordering a vapman station, when I have had my vapman since before the stations were thing.

When I first started I tried to limit myself to two vaporizers- when I realized I need something more than a butane, and then took a chance on the firewood 2. I loved that one basically to death- I still love my vapman and lotus- (and yes, I now have a FW5 in my quiver) but due to some of the other medical problems in the household, I have to find a silent course before I can use them again- (or other butane vapes for that matter) I have been very impressed with the options that have arisen since I started- personally, I'm very grateful to be able to support craftsman, and have to regret any of my growing collection.

I learned a lot about my needs, my assumptions about myself (and compromises I have been making about my health) and the type of vaporizer that I was avoiding due to my experience with the firewood 2.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is if you have the ability-privilege of time, health enough to do so, and financial resource, exploring a bit beyond your comfort zone can be very rewarding. And, there is the classified section, should you need to rehome a vape that you don't gel with.

Vapeur Rogue,
Top Bottom